WINDOWS FAGS BTFO

it.slashdot.org/story/16/11/29/2349247/holding-shift--f10-during-windows-10-updates-opens-root-cli-bypasses-bitlocker

> by holding SHIFT + F10 while a Windows 10 computer is installing a new OS build, an attacker can open a command-line interface with SYSTEM privileges. This CLI debugging interface also grants the attacker full access to the computer's hard drive data, despite the presence of BitLocker.

WINKEKS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Other urls found in this thread:

askwoody.com/2016/the-windows-update-takes-forever-problem/
windowsreport.com/anniversary-update-install-takes-long/
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2016/08/15/microsoft-warns-windows-10-anniversary-update-crashes-problems/
infoworld.com/article/3104389/microsoft-windows/the-case-against-windows-10-anniversary-update-grows.html
thehackernews.com/2016/11/hacking-linux-system.html
thehackernews.com/2015/12/hack-linux-grub-password.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Couldn't you just add a good password?

>Nooboontoo, Dobbian, Red Shit """Enterprise""" Linneks
Doesn't work on Arch and Gentoo, Sup Forums may sleep tight.

that's what you get for not using templeos you fucking heathens

>a pajeet and a woman
can't make this shit up

CIA NIGGERS

>Microsoft is finally backing away from their focus on privacy invasion in Win10 and going back to concentrate on their core competency, lack of security.

>bitlocker

Who fucking cares.

>The reason is that during the Windows 10 update procedure, the OS disables BitLocker

>post yfw Microsoft disables BitLocker every 6 months to "update" Windows 10 ("update" meaning completely reinstall the operating system)

how many versions of Windows 10 do we have now? Like 4?

also post yfw Windows 10 is the "last operating system" according to Microsoft. So in 10 years we will have like 30 versions of Windows 10. What a fucking tech support nightmare

So windows update writes the decryption key somewhere "temporarily" that persists through reboots, does anyone know where?

>inb4 it is copied to both the install volume and a sekret EUFI address space for new dank hardware

It can't bypass the encryption, so barely useful if you want to reach /home. If the boot partition encrypted even more useless.

>Linux has flaw that lets you drop to a recovery shell, but leaves the encrypted data on disk encrypted and unreadable
>winfags gloat and chortle
>Windows has flaw that lets you drop to a recovery shell with full access to all data on disk, even if encrypted

you can't make this shit up

OH MY GOD IT'S OVER

WINKUCK IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT
PAJEET SHILLS ON SUICIDE WATCH RIGHT NOW
POOTELLA BTFO UPSIDE DOWN SIDEWAYS INSIDE OUT

HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER

>unplug keyboard while installing new OS build
>problem solved

>someone who has full system access can get full system access

wew

Full access to encrypted shit

Doesn't matter. If you leave someone alone with your computer, they can go whatever they want with it.

What a fucking retard
>If my phone is locked and jamal takes it he should be able to make calls with it

You are just a butthurt wintard. gtfo

>bitlocker
Wow it's fucking nothing

>>If my phone is locked and jamal takes it he should be able to make calls with it

With enough time and power, every system can be cracked. Also: Would someone destroying your computer be better than accessing your supasekrit files?

>despite the presence of BitLocker.

Bitlocker have never been a serious encryption alternative anyway

None of the options are favourable, retard.
>Would someone shooting you in the head be better than shoving a knife to your heart?

>With enough time and power,
Yeah, apparently it takes the manual power enough to press SHIFT F10 to crack windows system

You just gave yourself the answer then: If you let any attacker get access to your hardware, it's compromised anyway. This Bitlocker problem doesn't matter. They could just install a hardware keylogger instead to spy on you. Or a rootkit.

>Bitlocker

No one uses this

>Would someone destroying your computer be better than accessing your supasekrit files?
Well, yeah, but mainly because I'd get way more insurance money.

Except this time it doesn't even require you to let people install keylogger in the system.

The attacker bypasses fucking encryption with a shortcut

Also it requires you to be installing windows updates at the same time while you leave someone alone with your computer. Which kinda minimizes the risk. How long do you install windows updates for? Takes me 5 minutes, tops

Why the fuck is it even possible for the operating system to disable BitLocker without being given the decryption key?

>How long do you install windows updates for?
A few hours

upgrade your toaster

Not an argument since it can run both Linux and BSD just fine.

Windows update is a fucking piece of shit

You don't understand encryption, do you?
The point of encrypted data is that it's secure from people with access.

works on my machine

>You don't understand encryption, do you?
>The point of encrypted data is that it's secure from people with access.
*when the machine is turned off

kinda sounds like a you problem. Took me 15-20 min tops to install when I fast forwarded about ~600 builds to the latest fast ring build a couple weeks ago.

Doesn't work on my machine and millions of others'

No, while the encrypted data is encrypted and the keys are not contained in RAM.
This is true when the computer is off but it can also be true when the computer is on.

no
askwoody.com/2016/the-windows-update-takes-forever-problem/
windowsreport.com/anniversary-update-install-takes-long/
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2016/08/15/microsoft-warns-windows-10-anniversary-update-crashes-problems/
infoworld.com/article/3104389/microsoft-windows/the-case-against-windows-10-anniversary-update-grows.html

I have never had a malware or virus infection in my 15 years of using computers. Go spread your FUD somewhere else.

People who fall for such hacks are idiots and probably deserve it. I want these noobs to fuck off so our ecosystem should only have power users who won't spread infections and malware to others.

>tfw they have your decryption keys in their servers

K E Y E S C R O W
E S
Y C
R
O
W

>the reason is
We know its for NSA/FBI/CIA/etc

I still find it hard to believe that ANYONE is dumb enough to trust Bitlocker in the first place.

>Also: Would someone destroying your computer be better than accessing your supasekrit files?
Yes.
It's unlikely that you're going to get your PC back after it gets stolen. If some cocksucker steals it I would rather see it destroyed than have them glean some potentially useful information off it that could be used to steal more shit from me.

is this bot? Who takes time to shitpost this badly on mongolian pedophile board?

>thehackernews.com/2016/11/hacking-linux-system.html
>A hacker with little more than a minute can bypass the authentication procedures on some Linux systems just by holding down the Enter key for around 70 seconds.
>Disclosed - November 11th, 2016

>thehackernews.com/2015/12/hack-linux-grub-password.html
>Anyone can bypass any kind of authentication during boot-up just by pressing backspace key 28 times.
>Disclosed - December 10th, 2015

Why is this level of shitposting allowed? Kill yourself

People trust Apple encryption, Facebook encryption, WhatsApp encryption.

Whats so difficult about these same people trusting Windows Bitlocker encryption?

Most people don't even know what encryption is.