Considering upgrading. Been playing more games recently and my gpu isnt seeming to handle newer games very well...

Considering upgrading. Been playing more games recently and my gpu isnt seeming to handle newer games very well. Most likely going with a 1060 but dont know if the rest would bottleneck it too much.

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/asrock-fm2a78m-hd-fm2a78m-itx-motherboard,4274-3.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

The CPU will be a huge bottleneck. And your ram seems pretty slow too

im not sure why the ram speed shows as that. Its Ddr3 1600

Then it should be fine, but that CPU is still to slow

Hey, I built a machine recently with that CPU. Breddy gud value. $75 quad core CPU

Do you think its worth upgrading on the same socket or just spend the money and go all newer?

I have no complaints with this cpu. Been using this build for about 2 year and its been great. Got the cpu on sale for like $60

All new is probably better.
Get an intel 6500 or 6600k if you want to overclock.

It's not actually 4 cores. Google it.

First off, the CPU is running hot, so I hope you get a proper cooler.
Secondly I don't understand why you have 1600MHz instead of 1866MHz.

So a todo list for you would be, get a good CPU cooler, go to ebay and buy one, not expensive at all 15$ at max to get a proper one. Overclock the CPU to 4.5GHz at least.
Buy new and faster ram, 1866MHz at least 16GB and lastly the GPU, you can go with a GTX1060 or a more safe option RX470.

Motherboard probably bottlenecks the RAM

The Athlon II X4 860k is a real quadcore, don't confuse it with the FX4000 series.

have a good cpu cooler. Speccy doesnt read the 860k properly. Sometimes ill open it and it will say like 107c

Overclock it then and get faster ram and RX470.

170c*

Why would it do that?

No, speecy shows the correct speed of 1600mhz in dual-channel, hence "800mhz" in effect.
I still suggest you invest money on new memory, get a pair of 8gb sticks @1866 or 2133 and enjoy better quality also please overclock that cpu and get a rx470

ill check but im almost positive i cant oc with this motherboard

You're stupid.
tomshardware.com/reviews/asrock-fm2a78m-hd-fm2a78m-itx-motherboard,4274-3.html

Almost all AMD motherboards nowadays allow OC.

well then i guess it can. I just tried it quick and it went to 4.2 with no issue. Not really sure how far these can go without causing problems

You can go up to 4.5GHz without any real trouble. Just read up more guides and stuff about the OC part and try.

Awesome thanks man

check mine
feels poor man

if i had your specs i would feel like a king
last games i played were san andreas and mtw2

>And your ram seems pretty slow too
>Motherboard probably bottlenecks the RAM

and this is supposed to be a technology board

fucking retards