Why haven't you fixed that noisy fan?

>Not using superior lubricant.

WD-40 isn't actually lube mang.

I tell you what

>using WD-40, ever
>not using a 50/50 mix of acetone and AeroShell 41 mineral hydraulic fluid

best penetrating oil there is

cue the penetrating oil / lubricant hipsters posting irrelevant shit

oh there they are, more to come i'm sure.

WD-40 is Australian

never knew tbqf

>putting acetone on or near plastic components

sensible chuckle

Because WD 40 is not a lubricant, it heats up.

>imgur

That's why you have to hold it upside down for it to work in the West.

>Not using triflow

I use motorcycle chain lube for my fans, shit is cash bro pretty sure it increases my RPMs n shit.

WD-40 is a meme and it's not actually good for anything.

Kroil is by far the best for anything that needs penetration and unsticking.

For pure or long-term lubrication, use a proper machine oil. Zoom Spout turbine oil is where it's at for fan bearings.

>when u so creepy even ur lube creeps

I'd rather like to fix my noisy pump... But every time I think about it, I come to the conclusion that it's not worth the effort because I can't hear it while playing games, which is literally the only thing I do with my PC.

I wouldn't recommend wd for cleaning up noisy fan, it collect dirt for longer time wd like glueing whole dust wtf..

Kroil is the shit, but have fun buying it if you
aren't a government agency.

WD-40 is for getting rusty bolts and shit out, not lubricating anything

Just curious. Where do autistic people like you get their gifs from?

I literally google search for what I need.

Did anyone tell you already that wd-40 is not a-oh

Anyway, best results I had so far with fans were when using sewing machine lubricant, does a pretty good job as a penetrating oil

>sewing machine

This

literally smells like bug spray

get this familia

This is a great solution, it leaves a film. WD-40 is too light and volatile.

It also works great for bicycle chain lubrication

You should use a real penetrating lubricant for that. And force.
WD-40 does contain oil and that sewing machine oil is just generic light machine oil.

>itt: nobody knows the difference between lubricant and water displacement fluid

Stick to smartphone wars boys.

test desu senpai

it's blue and smells wonderful

Thinkpads and Macintosh don't have the "Noisy Fan" problem.

beat this ni/g/g/as
handy oil
chain oil
lithium mos2 grease
ptfe spray
bikechain spray
sewing machine oil and
10w40 engine oil all on one bearing.
my 5£ fan is gonna last sooo long my dudes

>literally says lubricant on the bottle
whats it like to always be wrong

This shit is a god send, but the price is ridiculous.

What am I supposed to do with fans that don't have an oiling hole on the outer side? I can't take off the fan right now to check whether there's one on the other side because I don't have any replacement thermal paste.
Not him.
Yes, there is indeed SOME lubricant inside, but this won't last you nearly as long as a real lubricant.

>buy Zoom-Spout machine oil on Amazon along with order shit
>they just threw it in the box to rattle around loose
>when the box gets here everything is fucking SOAKED in machine oil
>the cap has gone missing and I am unable to find it anywhere

Because when I checked it didn't have the hole underneath the sticker, so I had to replace it instead.

I have a squeaky chair and squeaky bearings on my desk, I have access to the exposed components on both, what would the best lubrication be that could handle both?

I likely need a syringe with a long nedel, and have been looking into grease but if someone knows something better that doesn't need a separate syringe to get at the parts that would be fantastic.

I tried oiling my squeaky chair but it just dripped onto the carpet over the course of the next few hours and created impossible-to-remove stains

Half a year later the squeaking is just as bad as before

You need grease, dumbass.

I got my can at a local hardware store, but it's widely available online too at eBay, Amazon, etc.
Yeah it's pretty expensive but it's not like you need to spray a whole can's worth on everything. I know I've got a lot of worthwhile use out of mine.

>>the cap has gone missing and I am unable to find it anywhere
Heh, if the cap was nowhere to be found it sounds like it might've been lost before it was put in the box to send to you. I just ordered a bottle myself from an eBay seller, so hopefully it will arrive intact. I mainly got it to re-oil my antique fan as it was highly recommended by fan collectors.