Youtube now forces html5 with optout disabled

>youtube now forces html5 with optout disabled
>manually setting cookies does nothing
>only a matter of time before they disable &nohtml5=1
Do companies in monopoly-like positions get off on this or something? This shit kills alternative sites too by flooding them with the wrong kind of people.

Other urls found in this thread:

plus.google.com/ YouTube/posts/ZYdidfGmJHL
youtube.com/v/PT2_F-1esPk
idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm
web.archive.org/web/20061111183223/http://www.youtube.com/
web.archive.org/web/20061111083351/http://www3.youtube.com/browse?s=mp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why don't you want to use html5?

Flash is dead, get over it.

Yeah, everyone misses the glory days of flash right

Html5 is the best fad there ever was

what's the problem?

plus.google.com/ YouTube/posts/ZYdidfGmJHL

>youtube now forces html5 with optout disabled
this may be the final death blow for flash, you should be embracing it

>there's an actual real fanboy of flash in Sup Forums

This place is doomed

I've never read such a bullshit

>Do companies in monopoly-like positions get off on this or something

yeah

also lol flash

Do you have something against progress or something? Why are you advocating the use of flash?

> shilling for flash.
OP, I don't know what are you smoking, but put it away right now

>t. Adobe employee.
Stop it Rajesh.

There's only one good thing about flash on youtube: you can play age restricted videos without being logged in or needing an account
Other than that, flash is fucking trash

>Flash
pls no

you've had like five years to find a new job, guess nobody needs experienced flash developers huh?

Problem is when 80% of people dont have PC power to run HTML5. Its not question what browsver you use if your CPU cant handle it.
With Flash you can wach 1080p+ no problem where with HTML5 you can not even full screan if you dont use Chrome and even then it need so mach more internet speed and CPU power just to reproduce something in terms of 480p.
So good luck with this change, people just wont bother looking into sututering low quality videos, it besicly degrade them 15 years in terms of performance becouse some one think it good idea.

relax dude im sure u can go do something like a code bootcamp, I'm sure the skills you've acquired while working at adobe on Flash will translate well into real languages. You'll turn out fine.

use youtube-dl with your preferred video player faggot. Also don't use youtube at all.

that sounds fucking great now I'll get less errors telling me to install nonfree flash, idiot

Not even Adobe wants flash anymore. I think this guy's just retarded.

He's got a point. These fags need to fix their shit and make HTML5/canvas faster

>all these fags defending Youtubes shitty HTML5 player.

It is downright the worst video player I've ever used.
Flash player works fine.
HTML5 barely fucking works well on tablets at all.
The mobile page for Youtube generally works, but then when you have streaming or certain videos, it refuses to play, so you need to go desktop.
Go desktop, INSANE amounts of lag all down to the shitty video player.
Not only that, half the time you'll have the video player glitch out and reload itself (when it tries to load an ad)

It's just yet another instance of Google Quality Code.
Same shit happened to Gmail, to Maps, even to fucking Search. They are all bloated as fuck with deep-enclosure JavaScript which is the WORST thing you can do with JavaScript because it massively increases the overhead on CPU and RAM.

TOP TIER, WE'RE FINALLY IN THE FUTURE GUYS, FLASH IS DEAD

In b4 LEL TABLET GET GUD
Fuck off, this spec was created for Tablets and Phones in the first place.

>going to the youtube webpage on tablet
Just use newpipe, dumbass

I'm not saying I DO it now. That's not the point.

I'm saying Youtubes site is the absolute worst example of HTML5 video players around.

I even tested it on a netbook just to verify it was indeed the video player and nothing else on the site, like the new comment-templating system, or (at the time) Google+.
100% the video player. It is so laggy it isn't even funny. I have no idea what the fuck they've done to make it so shitty.
I don't even want to read their shit-tier code. The amount of enclosure-abuse is terrible.

Do you realize how SHIT newpipe is? Duplicate results, crashes all the time, slow, fuck dumb that it doesn't remember settings.

Fuck that shit, m8.

>do nerds get off to the idea of flash dying a slow, painful death?

Yes, we do.

HMTL5 is faster than flash, though.

tell that to Twitch.tv

is right. and its very apparent on twitch. Flash works much better on twitch compared to their html5 player

In theory, yes.

HTML5 on Youtube is pantsu-on-head retarded.
Their abuse of JavaScript is the reason anything Google has done in the past 10 years is the shittest code around.
Before, fine, but after is all shit.

They've enacted some rule of deep enclosure code either to obfuscate or just because they are fucking retarded
Either lead to the same result: JS engines screaming for their lives.

But hey, "we have super cool turbo charged CPUs with 290 quadrillion cycles per femtosecond, F U T U R E"

Yeah, Twitch as well actually, I forgot.

twitch html5 is even worse than youtube at this point. thank goodness they aren't forcing it "yet"

What happens to all the flash games when flash is phased out?

We'll start trading Flash versions in the deep web and secret flash files on /f/, the board nobody knows about.

Haven't noticed, been using HTML5 only for a few years already.

It will be a mad grab when everyone tries to copy the most popular obsolete games in a crazy rush of horrible unoptimized clones,

we will go fuill circle and it will be like the 90s all over again

Whats it like having Fast internet/processor privilege ?

>unironically supporting the flash cuckoldry

My Chromium build keeps defaulting to Flash even though it's not even installed on it. Just gives out an error message, then switches to HTML5 when you refresh the page.
Wish it stopped doing that.

FUCK FLASH AND FUCK YOU

>actually supporting flash
Fucking why?
It's much slower than html5

>FUCK FLASH AND FUCK YOU
this

Use mpv :^)

Funny because /f/ was my entrance to Sup Forums and I spent half a year there before exploring other boards.

muh dick

>28 millions view
kek

How, user?

mpv [url]
You also need to have youtube-dl installed

mpv comes with youtube-dl you retard

no need to be so hidoi, you kisama

That depends

Does this work?
youtube.com/v/PT2_F-1esPk

if there's one thing Sup Forums can agree on it's that flash is cancer
nice b8 tho op

Flash still works you fucking retard

Me too. That and /gif/ during the YTMND citation wars because they were always stealing memes from those 2 boards. Ebaums too.

But then when the site went down for a period, I forgot about it and refound it around the end of 2004 or start 2005, I can't remember exactly.
Linked to Sup Forums trying to find the source to the "revive Aeris with 99 Tissues" nonsense*. I still never found out.
And, at the time, I had bookmarked the thread and saw it deleted after a period, and got mad, then banned for a week for complaining :^)
I lurked more. Fucking newfags 'r me.

* Linked from the Myspace forums of all places.
The videogaym forums there were pretty much Sup Forums shitposting even then. We even had 2 mods in control of that forum. We abused those forums so hard.
I figured out how to embed video and sound, as well as change the background picture, opacity of body and everything under the sun.
Setting the entire body transparent with scat background and screamer. Fun times.
I miss those shitty forums.

explain yourself

flash had to die at least 5 years ago.

Adobe monopoly kept it on life support because they were too lazy to come up with better tech

>using a web browser to play video

VP9 makes my laptop run hot, that said I disabled webm support in firefox to get around that.

It's good in winter.

God I fucking hate Html5
It's just a piece of fucking shit that's inferior in every way to Flash

I hate that you have to fucking use &nohtml5=1
Months ago I had to do that but they went back to letting us use Flash until today when they pulled the same shit and now I have to fucking do that retarded trick again

Fuck off Jewgle with your hipster bullshit
Nobody likes HTML5

>Problem is when 80% of people dont have PC power to run HTML5. Its not question what browsver you use if your CPU cant handle it.
Fucking this
HTML5 is garbage and benefits no-one
It's like when Sony kept pushing Beta even though it clearly lost the format war to VHS

Enough of this nonsense, Flash is far superior to this hipster garbage

>not using livestreamer for everything YouTube

what sorcery is this

livestreamer is shit.

Does anyone know how to deactivate HTML5 from Opera Presto(12.18)? That might force youtube to use Flash Player for me since HTML5 works like crap on my shit laptop

>wanting flash

kys

// @include http*://*
window.addEventListener('load', function(){
a=document.getElementsByTagName('a')
l=a.length
for (i=0;i

The only thing I use Flash for is muh SWF hentai gamus

>I have an addon to force flash because 720p HTML5 videos run like shit; Flash makes them watchable again

>gamus
It's geimu, faggot. Are you an EOP?

This site is actually real
It actually looks like that now
Pure internet gold
I want to get a car lease now

>not using h264ify

>still using flash

you're a fucking retard. flash is dead, we've all moved on.

>b-b-but the internet of things is the future gaiz!!!
Not with this crappy software google keeps shoving down our throats

what CPU?

Hey, I fapped to that video a few weeks ago.

its magic, i aint gotta explain shit

The best and the worst webpage all over the Internet.

Read the OP faggot.

>browser string spoofing is not working anymore

>80% of people dont have PC power to run HTML5.
>this is what Sup Forums actually believes

How? There's blood everywhe
>hegre-art.com

Every time.

90s internet was so lively
Now we have all this powerful tech and what do we use it for? "Muh sleek minimalistic design"...fuck off with that bullshit

>actually, physically using flash

it was abandoned for a reason

>minimal
idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm

At least Japan hasn't moved on.

My thoughts, exactly. Anti-jewing quads don't lie.
Seriously, the Internet has become a huge fuckload of bloated cancer. You, anons, disgust me by accepting so easily this kind of change.
You are a disgrace and the reason companies and "developers" push their crap into us. You have become normie level retards. Congratulations.

>people on Sup Forums unironically don't know that
>video codec
>mpv
>youtube-dl
are
I am illiterally shakeing left now

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it didn't work but thanks

based japan

How do I shave my ballsack so it won't bleed / hurt / leave scars?

praise allah, may flash be banished to the shadow realm

I hope HTLM5 crashes and burns
Flash FTW

My sports streaming sites run on flash
Wish they would change that

just use mpv like a normal person

They aren't retarded at all. These moves force people into Chrome.

>&nohtml5=1
Cheers mate, fixes the Better Watch Page script.

Nothing to do with that.
Most browsers are equally shitty at running said sites properly. Chrome included.

The inconsistency from one machine to the next is proof that HTML5 definitely isn't ready for mainstream.
Despite W3C being a bunch of idiots, they were sure fucking right on the proper delivery time for HTML5 being 2020.

I've seen machines with similar specs run the site perfectly whereas another absolutely chokes ass on a 720 video. (including many people in this thread, evidently)

>People still use shit laptops with weak hardwares
>Chrome is a giant resource hog
>HTML5 is even more of a giant resource hog
>The 2 combined are bullshit in a pan
>"These moves force people into Chrome."
literally kys autist

>that old youtube interface
my heart

I have some screencaps somewhere from the really really old UI.
Will try find them. Might take a while.

Actually decided to look at Wayback instead. Laaazy.

I never realized Will It Blend was this old.

web.archive.org/web/20061111183223/http://www.youtube.com/

Dem views.
web.archive.org/web/20061111083351/http://www3.youtube.com/browse?s=mp
Now Youtube is promoting "Active" channels, aka clickbait channels that get people to interact with the brand, the site, the channel and ads.
I can't wait to see this shit site die.