youtube.com/watch?v=Wxo7fPvhqkI&t=1m
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He's objectively both.

Ofcourse Hero !

Tractor

Hero

>Hector

put your shit on the botnet and expect to be compromised.

Autist

Anything that undermines the power of the national-security state is a good thing.

Traitor. The majority of people need to be controlled and monitored to ensure they don't commit crimes.

Attention Whore

Never forget he CHOSE to make himself public and do interviews. He should be put in prison for putting his name on that shitty JGL movie.

Hero for exposing it, Traitor for not dumping everything as a torrent

Both at the same time

He's a traitor that deserves to be ass raped, set on fire and then buried alive.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Now I know why all yo pansy ass kids keep writing Fibonacci in Haskell and shit everyday I figured here of all places this would be a no brainer

An hero

No one would know about it if it wasn't published.

a meme, you dip

If it was any other country he would have been assassinated by now.

His idea of escaping tyranny was to seek asylum from Russia. The paragon of political dissent.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wxo7fPvhqkI&t=1m

The powers that be do need better oversight, but do not be naive in thinking that Snowden didn't give anything of value to the Russians.

>His idea of escaping tyranny was to seek asylum from Russia.
Except that's completely fucking wrong.
The US government is responsible for Snowden being in Russia, if they didn't want him to live there all they needed to do was not pull his passport while he was transferring flights there.

he could only be seen a villain by propaganda, he remains a hero to the American people.

A real hero.

I dunno man. The impression I get is that geopolitics and the world work in a byzantine and fucked up way that's not talked about in school, kind of like how the process that makes your chicken nuggets is pretty fucked up.

I just want my nuggets. If he fucked up the machinery in the nugget factory then I have mixed feelings about that.

martyr

>Hero or Traitor?

He's a tool who now trapped within a 17 million sq km prison (plus or minus a peninsula or two).

Controlled opposition/limited hangout. If a real person like him existed, we would never hear about him because it's not in the interests of the people in power to publicize such things.

Based. I'll stop this for you, Ronny.

most people in power are people too
not some hivemind

The information he leaked regarding the NSA's domestic spying program was valuable to the public, however the information he leaked regarding undercover operatives was not valuable to the public, and detrimental to US foreign interests.

faggot

This, Snowden completely annihilated the validity of the "national security" excuse.

It was so he doesn't get got in the night

>Prove that the NSA head directly lied to congress
>Nobody gives a shit
I want to get off MR USA'S WILD RIDE

Underrated

He also said "Not wittingly". Still bullshitting though.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_hangout

>slurp up every bit of traffic you can possible store
>whoops
lmao

If I, without exaggeration, truly had absolutely nothing to say ever then I probably wouldn't care about whether or not I had the right to free speech.

I'm not sure what is 'controlled' or 'limited' about what snowden leaked.
Can you explain to me how 'EVERYTHING' is a limited hangout?

He went through it censoring the undercover operative shit. The NSA doesn't do much undercover operative shit anyway- it's a purely technological intelligence agency.

What he did isn't really heroic. I would call it light treason. If I were in charge of the justice system I would have put him in jail for a year and made him pay a fine when he got out.

But he's been exiled in Russia for too long. He's done his time. Just let him go.

Like seriously, Snowden leaked information that the NSA was in breach of the US constitution.
How the flying fuck is this a limited hangout? A limited hangout is when you reveal something less damaging to cover the more damaging stuff (EG Bill Clinton's whitehouse blowjob), snowden revealed that the NSA was breaching, in full knowledge, the greatest laws of the land.
Watergate was the president spying on 3 journalists in a hotel, the NSA is spying on every single journalist in the USA, and every single journalist in every other country.
A limited hangout is supposed to be limited and there is nothing limited about the snowden leaks. Honestly I think if you think it's limited you just haven't been paying attention. Not been reading the news, not been looking at the leaks, and are blissfully ignorant of how fucking serious the leaks actually were, due to techno stupidity or general stupidity.

Additionally; a limited hangout needs a motivation to perform. What is the motivation in 2012 to release this information? What was going on that was so bad that it needed covering up?
If you say aliens then your brain is already damaged beyond repair and you can be safely ignored.

Same deal with Chelsea by the way. A year in jail, and done. Of course those two should never be given security clearances ever again. But that's it.

Unfortunately some racist in the 1910s passed laws making espionage against the state a serious crime. Woodrow Wilson's laws are still in effect today and they're horrible. Espionage act of 1917 and sedition act of 1918 are still on the books.
Fucking hyphenated americans. We all know german-americans aren't really americans and would sabotage america's fight against germany.

>Look at the snowden leaks! The US are spying on all of us!
>Look at the snowden leaks! The US are spying on our goverment
>Look at the snowden leaks! The US are instructing our own agencies to spy on friendly nations on they behalf!
>Look at the snowden leaks! The US are spying on our industry with the help of our own agency!
>...
Nobody cares here. Its a shame.

Agree 200% with this. There needs to be MORE Ron Paul type politicians.

IMO, he's a hero. I would let him live with me for free. 0 fucks given. He needs a fucking statue. Hopefully God Emperor Trump pardons him.

kind of both and neither at the same time..

i mean... who the fuck didn't knew the US gov was spyin on it's citizens?

>yfw trump gets friendly with putin
>putin hands snowden over as a sign of good will
>trump orders snowden executed because he's a traitor

Does the US still has the execution with guns? A needle wouldnt be "oldschool" enough for trump and the revival of the good "old days".

I said hopefully. I know Trump is already chummy with Putin. So you're probably right. It's just a matter of time.

Crimes against the state
The opinion of the court in Kennedy v. Louisiana says that the ruling does not apply to "treason, espionage, terrorism, and drug kingpin activity, which are offenses against the State".[51]

Since no one is on death row for such offenses, the court has yet to rule on the constitutionality of the death penalty applied for them.

Treason, espionage and large-scale drug trafficking are all capital crimes under federal law. Treason is also a punishable by death in seven states (Arkansas, California, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Vermont) and large-scale drug trafficking in two states (Florida and Missouri)

>probably not

this

Maybe he should stay in South America.

He had everything and threw it away for no other reason than to do what he thought was right. If that's not a hero, then heroes don't exist. Period.

He gained nothing, he lost everything...except his girlfriend who actually moved to fucking Russia. I couldn't keep mine because of the recession (and then she stole my emergency savings and bailed forcing me into homelessness), but he finds a woman that will move to one of the worst places on Earth just to be with him. That's Walt Disney levels of magical. I'm glad for him though. He deserves it far more than any of us do.

regardless of "value" of the information he leaked, he has breached rules set by his employer, and published "confidential" data.
if he would do the same in any larger company, whole drama around him would be over in a flash.
And I would really love to see him "gassed" primarily because of his attention whoring

>he remains a hero to the American people.

Delusional much.

Fuck I completely forgot about this because of all the other crazy shit that's been going on because of the election results.

>if he would do the same in any larger company, whole drama around him would be over in a flash.
Unless it came it that said company was doing something massively illegal.

>one of the worst places on Earth

Take a second and think of all the terrible places that are on Earth. The middle of the Sierra desert. Aleppo. Mosul. Bumfuck, Arkansas. Is Moscow really at the top of your list?

>regardless of "value" of the information he leaked, he has breached rules set by his employer, and published "confidential" data.
That's a pretty fucked-up morality to have.

plenty of spies, probably most "back in the day" were not executed because it's fucking stupid. a living spy is much more valuable than a dead one. anyone but an idiot would know that.

not related but the mechanics, chemistry, and history of why chicken nuggets exist is kind of genius.

He did give it to the enemy when he made the information publicly available, though.

I'm confused.

I thought that Assange and Snowden were trying to bring Hilldog down by leaking about her being a nasty bitch (i.e. the mails about her unironically proposing to just "drone" Assange).

So my take on this is Trump just tells the people what they want to hear. Of course he could decide to set a warning example for others to come off as the "big strong man". But I guess since Snowden has also a lot of supporters he will just ignore him. Trump is a lot smarter than he seems, don't underestimate his instinct for polemical gestures.

He's a hero alright. Only NSA shills will call him a traitor. Since he was a CIA plant to expose the NSA.

Neither, he should be punished for some of the leaks. But did an overwhelmingly good service.

Hero ? Well, he did something heroic, he's still a moron to believe that encryption instead of protesting will save humanity.

Traitor ? Yeah, for the gov and for all of us.

Now gtfo and ask your question in Sup Forums.

inb4
>you left-wing faggot
yeah, now gtfo.

Haitor

>Protesting will save humanity
Because that works so well

He's a CIA nigger, so obviously a traitor.

>doing nothing
nice.

You think those are chickens your eating.

>Never forget he CHOSE to make himself public and do interviews
If he didn't, he'd have been black bagged and tried in a secret intelligence court and we'd never know it happened.

Publicity is safety when you're working against the government.

>regardless of "value" of the information he leaked, he has breached rules set by his employer, and published "confidential" data.
What is whistle-blowing?

Of course, whistle-blowers tend to get fucked over hard but they're not supposed to be and everyone agrees that they should be protected until their own wrong-doing is exposed.

>need to be monitored
>need

Nobody needs to be monitored kiddo

>Doing something and accomplishing nothing or even worse than nothing

His passport was pulled in Hong Kong, and the Hong Kong government is forced to push him away (rather than that keeping him in Hong Kong), under the pressure from the Chinese government.

Well, it's not my burden to be this stupid. Have a good life doing nothing but struggling.

I mean its been proven multiple times that nuggets are either primarily or entirely chicken, but keep regurgitating stupid shit you read on the internet.

>comparing Trump to Ron
Retard redditors like you need to hang due to that delusion.

This is a huge strawman
The leaked info were accessible to literally everyone, including chinks that stole data every day

Which in itself is sufficient to make him a tragic character.