Im having trouble finding something

im having trouble finding something.
for obvious reasons, i refuse to install or use windows 10.
i, however, very much enjoy playing games and doing so in the best graphical environment possible.
as such, there is a program or library i wish to use on my computer, named direct x 12. it is produced by microsoft.

one would think that a simple google search would enable me to do this.

something along the lines of
" directx 12 windows 7 64 bit download site:microsoft.com -"windows 10" " would do the trick in a google search bar, or so i thought.
asking for the product i want, for the operating system i intend to use it on.
asking for websites from the developer of the product, and asking for NO MENTION of the only thing remotely related ive been able to find, as its not helpful to me, references to using it on windows 10.

now, this leads me to ~5000 results which is low for ANYTHING on the googlenets. most of them are outdated.

after scanning through several of the sites, i found that the ones i looked at are not only several years older than the product/program/library that i wish to use, but also are entirely useless.

anyone able to provide me with a link i can simply download a directx12 version for 64 bit windows 7, OR provide me with a way to make google search sort by date so that any links i come up against wont be older than dx12 itself?

What kind of autism do you have that it makes you type like this? Are you just a really bad troll? DirectX 12 doesn't exist for any Windows but 10 and it never will. Now fuck off.

do you possess a license to operate such high level bait

i wanted to explain in detail my problem. tends to help with computer related issues. specifically, what i am asking for, is the thing you said doesnt exist. this is rather concerning. how would i go about finding a homebrew patch that allows it to be installed on a different os? something not microsoft certified but also not cancershitware, ads, aids, or straight up viruses?

Kys, autistic faggot

shoulda known better than to ask Sup Forums for help and expect to get a real answer, i guess.

>asks stupid question that you can solve with YaCy
>doesn't like the answer because what he's looking for is impossible
>"it's not a real answer then"
>"muh 4chinz r meanies :'("

hahahaha go back to whatever gay site you came from faggot.

i come from >>Sup Forums and before that >>Sup Forums, ive been here since like '09. not an oldfag, but probably been here longer than you. i just want an actual solution. something that enables me to run dx12 on windows 7. i also refuse to believe that it is not possible to run dx12 on (insert os here), because (insert os here) could be modified to the point that it could handle dx. i can only assume this is some kind of compatibility issue, which CAN be patched. i'm fairly certain that windows 10 source is a modified version of previous versions source. some of these modifications would be the reason that it doesnt run. the specific ones preventing it from working could be isolated, and added into a hotfix, or a package of .dlls needed to handle function calls that arent recognized in (insert os here). again, if i havent been completely clear, im looking for a way to make dx12 run on windows 7. there is no way it "just cant be done".

bump for info

>there is no way it "just cant be done"

Shut the fuck up newfag, you can't even crosslink boards properly. DirectX doesn't only need Windows 10, it even needs a specific type of CPU micro-architecture. Either buy Windows 10 and a new CPU or make your CPU from scratch and study Windows' unreleased "source" until you can single handedly do what 200 Indians working for 3 years have bee unable to. Sage.

im running a 4790k. you telling me thats not good enough? google claims otherwise.

>good enough for games that don't even exist

just comes to show how uninformed you are about directx

no, i wasnt talking about good enough for the games. i was talking about good enough to run dx12. good enough to run a benchmark that utilizes dx12. good enough to launch any of /wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support

that currently exist for windows.

not saying good enough to do it "well", even, im strictly talking about the capability of doing it.

Microsoft makes direct x.
They compile and release it as a binary.
They gave chosen to only release direct x 12 for windows 10.
There is no publicly available source code for you to compile it for windows 7.
Now get out.

so what you're saying is the issue here is more of a "corporate secrets" or an issue of money or something like moreso that than actually a software capability issue?
that the actual reason i cant run dx12 on windows 7 is because the company has intentionally decided to make it that way?

if so, seriously, fuck microsoft. thats some Grade A Horseshit.

Yes. They're pushing people to get Windows 10 using any means necessary.

They did the same thing bringing Halo 2 to PC but making it require Windows Vista.

Maybe there is a legitimate reason why it can't run on windows 7.
Maybe it would require too much work to support an OS that is 7 years old.
From their point of view, they offered you a free upgrade to windows 10. You should have taken it if games meant that much to you.

Kek
Microsoft purposefully makes DX12 win 10 only.

My advice is to give up on DX12. There are other APIs, like vulkan.
If you refuse to use windows 10 it gives game creators more reason to support other low-level APIs like vulkan.

DX12 is a part of Win10 kernel.
No one have backported it to Win7 yet.

thats actually part of what made me completely disgusted with the idea of windows 10. i can see how it would be a fine operating system for a business or state/federal government type establishment, but for an end user, i dont like the idea of windows 10, the monitoring systems involved, or the aggressive implementation they've gone with where pcs (including one owned by my father) have been "upgrading" themselves to windows 10 without being told to, or even asking permission. it disgusts me.
free "upgrade" to what equates to spyware doesnt sound like much of an upgrade to me. if i were going to consider changing OS, i would change to something that was privacy centered.

You can run Direct3D 9 on Arch with better performance than Windows tho.

You could have obtined the Win10 licence and then switched to GNU/Linux, while running Windows 10 in KVM passthrough mode to play your videogames in isolated environment and do your sekrit shit on main OS.

dx12 is for windows 10 only
ask microsoft nicely if you want it for anything else

>free "upgrade" to what equates to spyware doesnt sound like much of an upgrade to me. if i were going to consider changing OS, i would change to something that was privacy centered.
What makes you believe Windows 7 is not spyware?
Microsoft has had enough time to push whatever they wanted through updates into your Windows.