Getting a laptop today. What meme should I buy?

I'm torn between the Lenovo ideapad 700 and HP pavilion gaming 15. They have identical specs except the graphics (lenovo nVidia 950, hp 960).
I trust lenovo more in terms of build quality but the HP has slightly better specs (except the gaymin paint job). I'm worried about heat issues in the HP, did they finally get their shit together?
Please don't recommend anything else I checked everything in that price range..

Other urls found in this thread:

canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=710_577_664_665&item_id=094203
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the lenovo is the better choice desu

i'm also buying a laptop this week
which meme should i fall for?
xps 13 (1080p one) or thinkpad x1 carbon

>heat issues with HP
What? My HP tx2 gets warm, but it's never overheated...

whatever one has the most ports

OP here. If I had that cash the XPS definitely. The chassis is way better constructed and the screen is GOAT.

Had 3 HPs before. One was falling apart in front of my eyes. The other two died of overheating (even with regular cleaning!)

Same. 1 USB less on the lenovo

How long ago? Which models?

I want to get the 12.5 inch Xiaomi Notebook but I heard it comes either with the chinese only version of Windows or an unactivated english one. Is it posible to reformat the chinese OS and set its language to english without losing its license?

>HP probook 6550(2010-hinge plastic broke, paint faded, keys sticking after 2months)
>HP Pavilion G6 (2012- plastic deformed near the CPU from overheating)
>HP Pavilion dm4 (2014- motherboard died from overheating).

The last two both had i5 CPUs and discrete graphics. The heat management system was really shit on the last two (no airflow what so ever and exposed fans).

Get the 13" way better specs.
Xiaomi says it's possible. Check their site

The best laptop

Fuck you, let's note 4 is the best

>he fell for the Core M meme

Since this is turning into laptop general,

I have a pretty bezel-y 13" notebook. Should i get another 13" thats significantly smaller or a modern bezel less 15" thats virtually the same size?

You didn't mention anything about running linux. But I will add that HP uses UEFI firmware in their hardware which makes it very difficult to set up a dual boot system. I ran into this issue on a *desktop*. I think it may be easier on laptops as there is a boot menu option allowing you to select the *.efi file of choice.

If you don't care about dual-booting linux, then this issue won't concern you.

>But I will add that HP uses UEFI firmware in their hardware which makes it very difficult to set up a dual boot system.
Correction:

But I will add that HP uses *CUSTOM* UEFI firmware in their hardware which makes it very difficult to set up a dual boot system.

I plan to use it Windows only, so this won't be an issue. I have a personal desktop and a old laptop (xps m1330 FTW) running Linux used as a media server.

Come on guys. I have only 2-3 hours to decide!
So far it's 1 for lenovo.

Not to mention that if you decided to rm / -rf --no-preserve-root it'll brick the computer by removing EFI variables.

Lenovo. I have one and it's great. quality products

I'm in the same position between the xps and the x1.
I'm beginning to lean towards the xps.

I just fell for the Surface Pro 4 meme. Tell me why I fucked up

>$700 for i5/4GB/128GB and keyboard cover

I've been posting in /g for about 4 years now, and still no closer to buying a laptop with a graphics card capable for gaming for about £500-600 (700-900$) can anyone help?

Actually the HP I posted is decent (gtx960 4gb) if you are willing to make some compromises.
Got the Lenovo, shits cash for now.

get a Dell XPS, with Linux on it, you can always wipe Linux and put either windows or your favorite flavor of Linux, at least that way you know you are not locked in to a laptop that wont take a Linux install

I would but I have no money for it. The asking price for the cheapest 13“ i5/FHD model is 2000$ where I live (you don't even wanna know how much Apple stuff costs) and the salaries are kinda on the shit side... I bought a XPS back in 2008 and the damn thing is still in use! It's a shame they went bonkers with the price the last two generations...

am trying to decide between two seemingly polar opposites. xps 15 9550 or 2016 MacBook Pro. suggestions?

XPS. This years MBP was a mistake...
Its cheaper and if you insist on Mac OS I think the 13" one can be hackintoshed. Linux should be smooth sailing with any model.

Looking for a laptop that can run source engine games, on decent settings. I don't know about laptop specs, but I found this one.
canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=710_577_664_665&item_id=094203
but it says windows 7 downgraded from 10, thing is I don't want windows 10 botnet capabilities to touch the laptop. Should I get it?

Is the intel GPU good enough?

No. Lenovo eats anus. HP Is at least tolerable in servicing and tech help. And unlike Lenovo they have a decent selection of decent products. Hopefully OP didn't already waste his money on the foldable scrapmetal abortion that is the Lenovo Ideapad. (Jk Both are ok but I would really recommend Any hp product over any other products because of the overall quality and tech help you get with the purchase.)(also last lenovo I had broke within 4 months of standart use.)