Is a 780ti a good upgrade over GTX 480 running in SLI?

Is a 780ti a good upgrade over GTX 480 running in SLI?

My PC is quite old, Bloomfield gen CPU. I had the 480, and was lucky enough to find another 480 reference card on Craiglist for $25, so now I have SLI, but unfortunately most games I play do not natively support SLI, and forcing it on does not show much of an improvement.

So I am looking for a nice single upgrade card (possible SLI in the future) that beats my current setup, and will work with my current hardware.

I would like to keep it cheap, around $100.

780ti is around 15% slower than 980 in DX11. IT should be ok for 9xx series intel CPUs.

How about a pair of 680s? I see some being sold for $200

bump

RX480

A 290x murders a 780ti, has the extra gb of vram and should be same sort of money (potentially cheaper due to the overvalued nature of a lot of ex flagship Nvidia cards).

I am an nVidia fan boy, and I will never use ATI ever again.

infact, using ATI in the past, late 90's to about 2008 turned me into an nVidia fan boy.

You already tried SLI once and it didn't work for you.

Nvidia literally gimps old card drivers, this is not a meme.

Youre better off with an AMD GPU.

>Gtx 480
>In SLI
How has your house not burnt down

I figure a single 680 would perform better than a single 480. $200 for two cards seems like a good deal. A few games I play do support SLI too.
How so?

I dont even run the heat right now. My PC keeps my room warm, rest of the house is at 58F, my room is a coozy 75F

mentally retarded much

>480 is already obsolete
eat shit, AMD

no. spend a little extra and get a second hand 980ti or a gtx1070.

My budget is $100. What do you mean by a "little extra"
980ti are going for $350+

I think he confused GTX 480 with RX480.

Either buy GTX 1050 for like 120 or an RX 470 4gb for 170.

Or look for a used 960 or 950. All are good upgrades.

This. Get the RX480 8GB. GTX 1060 if you absolutely must go Nvidia.

Upgrading to SLI later on is NEVER a good idea. Don't buy old cards either, so no 780Ti. Just buy something new. I don't know what an old 780Ti goes for, but you're better off with a RX 480. I'd probably go with AMD at RX 480 level and below and with NVIDIA if you're looking at something 1070/1080 level. You seem to keep your cards for a very long time and AMD cards have definitely aged better than NVIDIA, so I'd say RX 480 is the card for you.

I would prefer to find a used, super cheap, Flagship version.

I run quad monitors. I need SLI.

Why does a poorfag go multi display?

because displays are super cheap on black Friday, more than half off.
Running 4x U2412M that I paid $150 each.

I spend like $2k on a new PC build once every 6-8 years, and upgrade it with top end components when they hit low, low prices.

I dont game much, or do studio work, so performance is not a biggie.

>75
>cozy
how's it like living in hell?

They release driver updates that reduce the performance of the cards, it's well known. The 780 to used to contest the 980 when it was released but now it's always slower by around 10%. Also get rid of your irrational amd hate, ati sucked dick in drivers but that's changed quite a bit. NVIDIA drivers are still king but amd's are good enough for gaymen and unlike NVIDIA, their cards actually get better after updates.

T. Gt 540 poorfag that got gimped

75F too hot?

It does get hot in my room, I open the door and vent all the heat out, and then start over again. It sits around low 70's otherwise.

Do you have concrete proof of Nvidia gimping cards or just your subjective experience?

>nVidia fanboy
die

i have both that i was going to do tests with to see which is best, despite having a 290X 8gb :3
lucky me i got my 780TI for $185