Its not a job, its a business.

Whats the app do?

Libfags payout for promoting hilldawg.

>Chris Neistat acquired by ATT
so he sold himself?

>we fucked up really bad playing favorites
>how do i reach these keeds?
nope

It googles things for retards who don't know how to find information.

Seriously?

No

Not exactly Sup Forums, but how do these tiny startups and apps/sites without any production, assets or influence receive insane valuations?

Pic in OP is actually on the small side compared to most others.

No idiot, he's telling you to Google what it does instead of asking dumb questions. It's just another social media app powered by his YouTube fanbase.

Yeah I don't need any more proof that Sup Forums is on average the dumbest place on the internet anymore.

Marketing, in this case having a lot of YouTube subscribers for you to advertise towards.

The app is shit and nowhere worth near $25M, I'm pretty sure CNN is very much aware of that.

I think they bought it, shut that shit down, but it came with the whole Casey Neistat brand, so that's what they're betting on I guess.

money laundering

Thanks for pointing that out, Captain Obvious McMouthbreather.

Why are jews so ugly?

But the beme app was a failure?
What is going on?

(Mostly) no one buys shit like this blind-eyed, I only remember Twitter, people were lamenting about how shit like this could be worth billions of dollars when Twitter never actually made any profits, but now look, Twitter played a HUGE fucking part in the election, and even if you're not getting any monetary profit, the kind of influence you can get by having a good rapport with Twitter is probably worth much more than a few measly millions.

$25M? They got him for pretty cheap.

My goal in life is to make a trendy chat app which makes no money, but gets a userbase big enough to make Facebook want to buy me for a billion like Instagram or whatsapp

It's literally snapchat but instead of being able to see what you're recording, you have to hold it up to your chest or similar so that you "share your experience" without "sticking your face in a screen"

Neistat is a jew who gets paid to fly around the world and do photoshoots. He gets sent tons of free shit by fans and companies constantly and he treats them like shit. He's an asshole.

I don't think it would have played a big part. Yes, its a big platform for spreading ideas but at the end of the day people will look primarily at their economic and political needs instead of Shaquanda's twitter account.

>be me
>

So much for that. Even with the censorship against conservatives they still lost.

The value they place in Twitter must have tanked hard after these elections.

Basically a big publicity stunt. They couldn't care less about the shit app. CNN just wants Neistat for good publicity.

>what are you trying to say? his work has little to do with youtube.

I didn't imply only liberals bought into Twitter.

Also even though they lost, I'm pretty sure without the Twitter/Reddit indoctrination lots of college kids might have voted Republican. It might not be that much but then again, there were elections where a few hundred thousand votes were tie-breaking.

>>YouTube is not a real job
It's not. It's just another media platform for the creation and promotion of celebrity, just more grassroots than having to suck dicks in Hollywood until you 'make it'.

Your stock price/valuation has nothing to do with profits, it has to do with how much investors believe in your company. Prices go up and down based on demand. Lot's of people trying to sell all at once means the stock price will tank. Lots of people trying to buy at once means that prices go up because it's valued highly. It is influenced by profits only because retards think that that has anything to do with valuation.

In tech, valuation has nothing to do with a profit model, but instead a userbase. We conflate a huge userbase with importance. As long as your stock price continues to go up, outside capital can float a business which loses billions. Amazon took 20 fucking years to run a profit, and it's one of the biggest websites out there.

These chat apps and stuff make the current top dogs get afraid that someone will overtake THEIR userbase. Facebook was afraid people would leave for instagram, so they bought a 50 man company for like 2 billion, even though it doesn't make any money. Twitter didn't have a profit model for a long time, snapchat didn't either, but these things have huge userbases so wallstreet dumbfucks assume that means they're important.

I hate that cunts like Neistat and all the drama hound faggots like Keemstar and Leafy have spoiled YouTube for everyone else. I have a channel with

Any risk of Discord getting bought out? I would hate to see it become a branch of Skype.

Who cares? It's good for consumers.

Based Bezos.

I'm not sure who's investing in the gaming economy rn. Amazon bought twitch, and facebook bought oculus but both of those platforms have a content based model, while discord is just essentially an IRC client for a gaming niche. Discord doesn't really threaten anyone since it can't compete with twitch (no content/streaming) and can't compete with larger chat apps (too niche, doesn't threaten to take a large mainstream userbase, like whatsapp, skype, instagram, etc.)

>while discord is just essentially an IRC client for a gaming niche.
Hardly. Discord is a centralized service that forces the owner to maintain servers

It's a huge fucking threat to Teamspeak though

this is how he get's paid for clinton shilling

To be fair, IRC is centralized, too. Self-hosted by individual operators/networks, but centralized.

Right, not just a client, but a server too. Either way, it's just a chat app with a niche userbase.

Does anyone still use teamspeak?

>beme
Literally what?

I guess that explains why he quit his shitty vlogs a few weeks ago.

Don't need to "work" every day if you just get a shitload of cash very easily.

>Casey (((Neistat)))
>(((CNN)))
k.... keep me posted

Say what you like but at least CNN are still paying him for his shillary video despite her loosing.

Let's see your pic, stormtard.

I have mixed feelings about this Casey guy. On one hand, he is a highschool dropout that has made a name for himself and become somewhat successful, which I find sort of cool and inspiring (a real american success story and all that crap), but on the other hand he strikes me as a shallow and vain asshole.

He was just really lucky that his brother struck a deal with a big TV network years ago which he could pitch into and got his career kickstarted.

>got
dubious

Protip: this doesn't mean your let's play YT channel filled with CSGO videos accompanied by your autistic muttering (with two subscribers, one of which is your mom), will ever make you enough money to survive.

look, a mad kike lmao

For a talentless, no-skill otherwise NEET youtube star, I'd take the fucking money and run.

Making money on jewtube is hard, you could have millions of subs and still suck corporate dick AND ask for patreon/vassal money.

Last week I was watching some baking competition show and one of the judges was some 16yo girl , singer/youtube star personality, wtf.

Trying to hard to get those demographics to watch their show for the ad money I see.

casey has investors who got most of the money, he wont get even half of that 25mil

i have real doubts about developing any app, because i think they actually have to much use and people wont use it because its not another app to get social attention

dear fucking lord I am lol'ing

FPBP.

I don't get this idea. If you do an activity and it earns you money, how is it not a job?

Seems to me the 9-5 wage cucks are jealous

member MySpace?
I member
member Winamp?
member AOL?
member pets.com?
member boo.com?
member skype?
member govworks?
I member govworks

youtu.be/EsVpNB2Lv3U?t=15m6s

fight sarcasm with sarcasm shitdick furry

l l

Don't forget his video supporting Killary
He also shouts at motorcyclist that get onto the sidewalk while he play on the road.

Its potential. I actually think Neistat wants to give it a real shot.

Other than that, it's likely something called an 'acquihire'. Meaning the company was acquired by a large company for the sole purpose of hiring the founder, and

Kevin Rose's startup was acquired for $18 million by Google within a year of being founded, and it was pretty much immediately shutdown with Kevin Rose staying at Google for 4 years.

I don't really watch Neistat but obviously YouTube made him a ton of money. A million views is a thousand dollars and his videos seem to average at like 2.5 mill. I think he was making a video every day.

I watched his last vlog where he decided to quit vlogging. His reasons where so that he can open up his time for 'the next thing'. I was kind of excited for him. It's hard to deny that he's at least charismatic and talented as hell at vlogging and to give that up for something greater says something.

I do not think he's going to find that 'next big thing' with CNN however lol. Mistake imo

The entirety of the wealth of Google and Facebook come from ads. That's crazy.

Facebook - a company that makes its money from ads - bought WhatsApp for $17 billion dollars. Meaning there's plenty of money in data mining too.

Having users is inherently valuable is what I'm getting at.

>Having users is inherently valuable

but it isn't valuable, its just a greater fool game, when third world markets become saturated which they're very well on their way now, there won't be money to be made anymore.

The greatest scam of facebook is making people believe that their ads are actually a good investment, and that they will continue to grow in perpetuity, their stock peaked at $135 and began dropping this year.

Snapchat with self imposed glass ceilings.

It's really stupid. The only reason anyone would use it is because they like Casey Neistat.

>He gets sent tons of free shit by fans and companies constantly and he treats them like shit.

Is this the cunt that just blatantly damages expensive electronics because "muh livin' muh life" bullshit?

The guy's just plain disrespectful.

>a real american success story and all that crap

What success story?

He doesn't know anything. He doesn't create anything of value. He's a new Kardashian for the Millennial and post-Millennial crowd of clueless kids who dream of being spoiled, obnoxious, vapid cunts.

youtube.com/watch?v=633rwYgYJDs

Yeah, his entire "success story" is kind of built on his persona rather than actually doing or accomplishing anything interesting though. He writes messily, imposes text that goes off the edge of the screen and roughhandles all his equipment on some premise of "it's bad and stupid and that makes it good" or something.

As far as YouTubers go you can do far worse though.

>20 million dollars dollars

This is a chatroom not you're Google everything said safe space

someone's mad he's not living the life rofl

I didn't know who this guy was until like a month ago, and I'm still not sure why I'm supposed to give a shit about him.

If you could explain to me why he's somebody I should give a shit about?

>This is a chatroom

Oh right ok. ASL? Me, 15/f/cali.

15/m/cali but I look alot older

>winning the lottery is not a real job

>goblin jew shills hillary clinton HARD in a "vlog" which isn't totally propaganda ;)
>is then hired by the most biased liberal american news outlet for a preposterous price which far exceeds any competent valuation for anything he's ever done

weird coincidence, no jewing here :^)

He has like 5mil+ subscriptions, and he is a Jewish on top of it so he knows how to use it.

Wow I like that! Maybe we should email each other. My email is [email protected] x

Yeah I'm pretty sure this happened. He was also shiling hard for Obama.
On top of it, he told CNN doesn't know what he's gonna use that app for, but they just wanna work with casey. Not that that app has some worthy patent or some shit

the app legitmately has no worthy patent. the fuck are you on about retardo

Thats what I'm saying fucker
They literally bought shit, just because they wanna work with casey

of course! make sure to come alone and wear a short skirt, see you babe x

sorry man i thought you were being sarcastic at the end because i heard some idiots thought he had a patent on the app using the proximity sensor but you can't fucking patent the use of components on a third party device lmao

you're good man. CNN is fucking retarded for buying Beme but there's jewing afoot. maybe they know something about the goblin neistat that we don't. maybe they think he can push the envelop for CNN in general because they're tanking hard rn. but Beme isn't worth anything let alone $25 million

>first see this guy
>wow he looks like a goblin kinda, dat breathing
>that nose, wow that's Jewish looking LOL
>fast forward to now
>find out he is infact ethnically Jewish
>wonder how these bastards keep getting away with making shit people like

God damn it.

I don't get this guy, why are his fans such, well fan boys? Like the comment section on that articles has people praising the floor he walks on.

>Omg he works so hard, Ive never seen someone work as hard as that guy in my life, he really deserves every penny.
>I've been a fan since the beginning so I can take credit for helping him become a millionaire, omg.

Like why? His videos are just typical blogger bullshit. Is he just an ugly millennial who got rich and all those stupid millenials who watch his videos think they can be like him?

>millennial
>35

Maybe educate yourself about the concept of productive work and unproductive work.