If you suddenly had more cash

Recently started working for a well-funded startup. My living costs are way lower than someone else in this field, and I've got about $3,200 leftover every month.

Where would you start spending it? Never had this kind of cash to care about building servers or cool shit. Or even a pair of quality headphones.

If I had that money left over every month, I'd buy a nice pc and then decorate my flat and then save for future things that I may want to buy.

monthly trips to thailand if you know what i mean

Learn how invest first of all.

Id probably buy nothing tech related, maybe a nice monitor or a nice corner desk

Id probably buy a chest freezer and stock up whenever meat goes on sale really cheap, get a few months ahead in rent then save and invest the rest

save all of it until I have at least 3-12 months worth of all living costs in savings

rich people invest what they have and spend what's left over

poor people spend what they have and invest what's left

What do you mean?

he means getting a dick in your butt but you get to play with some boobs

Save your money you fucking nigger

Don't even touch it unless you've got several months worth of cost of living saved. Consider a 401k if your employer does matching, and then try paying off loans if you have any.

Trust me, it is better to have a pile of money when you're older and wiser and know what you really want rather than a little bit of money now.

Yeah nah mate, Indonesia. Go get a ripstart

Congrats on your new found success.

Be sure to max out your 401K and IRA contributions, which you could easily do. HSA too if you're American and know how to do insurance right.

Listen to this nigger, if they do 401k matching make sure you contribute to the max that they will match. Also start saving so you can fuck around when you're old

invest, put it in savings

monthly trips to thailand wink wink if you know what I mean

dont buy stocks or anything shit like that. keep it all liquid and do dope shit with it

>Where would you start spending it
in my retirement fund
pic related before you buy ANYTHING

>spend life building retirement fund
>never get married or have a family
>stay a virgin
>die
>banks just keep all the money anyway

yeah unless you're diagnosed with a terminal illness, in which case you live like a maniac

Roth IRA

I'd buy gold

And maybe silver too.

>Don't save money
>Get married, have kids, lose virginity
>Turn 45, hurt your back when you get t-boned by a car driving
>Can't afford surgery because of wife and kids
>Can't drive because ow fuck your back hurts and your car's fucked
>Lose job to Carson Functionalbache
>Lose wife to him too because she's cheating on you since you're broke and unable to satisfy her with your fucked up back
>Lose kid
>Lose house
>Die homeless
>Homeless remove your organs and wear them as meaty hats

I'll save my money, thanks.

I'm sorry, I live in a first world country where absolutely none of that shit would happen because we have health care and look after citizens of our country.

>save up money
>still want to die
>blow all my savings on alcohol
>get alcohol poisoning
>die

Paying for your healthcare under a safety net is just hidden as taxes, user, it's not like you don't pay for it anyways, and the poor already can have it subsidized or free in the presenr. The only difference in America is no one forces you to save and prepare for emergencies, which hits the truth:

To be the land of the free, you need to be free to fuck up.

If you don't have that choice, you're no more free then a child is under someone else's roof. If this sounds appealing to you, you are, in fact, a manchild.

No doubt. Murdering Thai prostitutes feels awesome

Make sure you figure out what your taxes are going to be like. I got burned by that while working for what looked like a really good paying startup.

There's a thing called payroll tax which employers pay the government every time they pay you. This isn't the same thing as the income tax you pay for making the money. A lot of startups like to make people "independent contractors" which means technically you're self employed and they don't have to pay the payroll tax. It's on you to pay that in addition to income tax.

First $200 would go into drives, because pic.
Next $600 would go into pulling a dual E5-2670 system off ebay to fill those drives, because I have 10TB of buffer on U2 and ADC that's going to waste.

The latter would be quite helpful right about now as I need to redo all 26 episodes of this series.

>Carson Functionalbache

Tbh he's a good lay. He brought sexyback.

Bro we spend around 70% of our tax dollars on bombing brown people. I'd rather have my money go to ummm idk my health instead of paying for more tanks sitting in a warehouse to never be used.

Policy debate-fag here.

You realize that the US is responsible for maintaining hegemony, extended power and influence in order to maintain the social order of modern western nations?

As is, we are hardly able to deter Russian and Chinese incursions, the former into the baltic states, the latter into south pacific islands. Current military spending is barely sufficient at present, with the systems of production we maintain and use under current conditions, to prevent more daring attempts by them. Yes, tankmaking inefficient and policymaker self-serving. Doesn't mean that's the end of that tank's story thiugh.

Our tanks don't just sit in a factory (though yeah, some do), they are sold and given to NATO allies. If Japan has armor divisions, for example, they are American, Japan legally can't (and doesn't) have their own army after WWII. Besides a defense force (that if we did not prop up would likely make the island create nuclear weapons in order to deter China) they're defenseless.

For a lot of good reasons you want to make nuclear standoffs limited to the ones that already exist, more players reduces the control of any single player. The US spending keeps these heads calm, so proliferation is halted.

Most of the EU doesn't need to maintain a substantial standing army because they're defended by US military spending supporting them, along with the nuclear umbrella that impels us to respond to nuclear strikes in kind. This means they don't need nukes, we bring them to the table for them. The EU at present further does not have the means to support such standing armies sufficient for defense and would likely splinter if they had to. To reduce military spending is to collapse Europe, which Russia would quickly sweep up.

Fight for improved efficiencies in healthcare and military, but there's a good reason there are no more big wars in 2016, and it's in large part because Uncle Sam fits the bill. Military spending isn't cut for a reason, user.

invest and live comfy in later life

You have $3k surplus a month and you don't know if you should buy head phones. kek.

>cs fags

Just buy the cool shit you want and invest. Some to trade with, some to an ira / 401k and/or real estate / land / rental

be careful with the investing, if you do any.

otherwise try to live cheap and save money, you might need it in the future. it really depends on what your plans are and what do you value in life.

hell, get a hobby that satisfies you and burn your cash on it, whatever is fulfilling enough is worth it.

Learn to invest.
Learn to save.
Don't be a fucking idiot and spend it all on useless shit.

This
Best
Better safe than sorry