Is LPTHW a good book?

is LPTHW a good book?

Other urls found in this thread:

automatetheboringstuff.com/
diveintopython3.net/
diveintopython3.net/porting-code-to-python-3-with-2to3.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

idk im not much for book learning when it comes to programming. im more of a doer

Nope, it's outdated and the author is a faggot.

This should be of more help: automatetheboringstuff.com/

Thanks for the blog, user.

Its a good book, but you should just use python 3 after reading it. Learning to use print() isn't any different.

believe me these books are never the whole meal. they just tease out a little concept but when you start making something and want to implement it you realize that little code fragment is a joke and completely unsuitable.

diveintopython3.net/

>I
>>>/reddit/

>I can't write python 2 in python 3
>therefore python isn't turning complete and not a PL

It's shit.

It is certainly a great start to programming and learning how computers work, but after it learn Python 3. Python 3 is basically the same thing just more parentheses.

You can theoretically, but its hard. Its high level dumbass.

diveintopython3.net/porting-code-to-python-3-with-2to3.html

What are you trying to say? You can't write Python 2 in Python 3, they are different languages.

im saying its really not all that different. when and if they actually deprecate python2 someone will surely come along with a proper 2to3 tool and even if they dont. that page is the sum differences between the two languages. its not end of the world

but still, its a good place to learn the basics right?

i wouldn't know. I tried to learn python using the LPTHW book and didnt get far. then one day i had a burning desire to make something and decided to make it python. If you already know say javascript its pretty easy to follow along

I used it. It's probably the best book if you're new to programming. But you'll still need to use other learning resources once you're finished with it. Also, it teaches python 2 instead of 3, which is not a big deal, but something to be aware of.

oops, wrong person, i was talking to

Read "Learning Python, 5th Edition" it covers python and the differences between 2 and 3

Author is an idiot.

BTW, technically speaking, fucking C isn't Turing complete.