What happened to Anonymous?

Why did they go from anarchistic raiders into edgy, liberal faggots? What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I3I_gK4phx8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not a rigid top secret group at all like idiots thought it was, anybody could call themselves apart of "anonymous".

No shit, but the meme has been infected and is now spreading this brand of edgy faggotry, no fun raids occur anymore.

>Into edgy, liberal faggots?'
Being this dumb.

They started selling those stupid masks on ebay and anyone could claim to be in the group.

This nigga

>Having a differing political ideology is dumb.
Yeah sure, I think you're the typical liberal. :)

I think it has lost any 'serious business' about it.

Once it hit the mainstream news it was done, every normie will claim to be apart of it.

There was somebody "from anonymous" making all these far left radical feminist demands at my uni earlier this year lol, safe to say the uni just ignored it and all their threats were empty as fuck.

You mean like the endless 'declaration of war', yet, the meme never follows through? Pretty shitty de-centralised collective.

What did Anonymous even do in their 'heyday' besides rig a couple of exploitable online polls and raid gaia?

Once the masks and name were used to give the idea an identity the idea of what anonymous was no longer works. Also liberals love to latch onto any movement and start banging small drums and chanting on the street. All anonymous was, "everyone is anonymous, unless they choose not to be".

Basically the original anonymous came out of hacker culture, but was given an identity and taken over by leftist activist culture.

Well, they managed to close a swimming receptacle? To be fair, nothing of meaning has been done under their banner. If you want real hackers? Nation states taking cyber-swings at each other before the eventual cyberwar in a decade or so.

We closed the pool in every Habbo Hotel worldwide for years and raised Second Life so hard that they had to invent new restrictions for what in-world items could be programmed to do as well as allowing land owners to disable certain features that were regularly abused.

Why aren't there any more mass raids aside from script kiddies who've just found out about Kali?

that was patriotic nigras who ruined SL

So, the meme got jacked? How do we rejack it, Jack?

Read the original comic and watch the Wachowski movie.
>original comic is anarchy vs fascism and morally nuanced ambiguous
>both are presented as possibly necessary evils
>V is a nutjob who brainwashes a prostitute
>wachowski movie is "muh gays" and "george busch had no reason to go into irack!!!"

Topiary got busted and the rest now work for the NSA, FBI, and GCHQ

>Having a dumb political ideology is dumb.

Fixed

The 100+ genders thing or this one:

youtube.com/watch?v=I3I_gK4phx8

Holy shit, somebody who gets it.

This. The only 'hacker' groups that the neo-liberals haven't absorbed are the blatantly offensive shock groups like the GNAA or GoatSec

Because reddit

>Why did they go from anarchistic raiders into edgy, liberal faggots? What happened?
Anonymous was a shitposting and trolling army. Roll 69 to do shit.
When they hit mainstream, it all went downhill because normies wanted in on the action.
Today's "Anonymous" is a group with a bunch of idiots.

/thread

See Scientology raids of 2007 and later. Opened the gate for normies.

Now Sup Forums is filled with appleshit, tablet babbies, smart phone general, and other forms of cancer.

Many who came here thought 4chin was Anonymous.

>and all their threats were empty as fuck.
That's what you think, kiddo.

Take a note of the username you post with and realize that the legendary hacker group is but a misconception about imageboard culture.
They couldn't comprehend anonymity, they thought anonymous was a name, they thought there was a dedicated group of activists banding under the name.

>anoymus trolled two shitty online games
>such sweeping social change
>never 4give, expecto patronus

>liberal

Anonymous attacked power and the misuse of power. It had no affiliations.

So is actually right, and so were those he's talking about? 4chin is Legion?

The Patriotic Nigras were Anonymous. We didn't take ourselves seriously back then, like at all.

That's the thing - it was never meant to be taken seriously.

They made a lot of prank calls

I dont think the habbo raids were even anonymous, i mean I was part of the 2nd one and it was just a thread on Sup Forums, no secrit klub or anything.