"A single overflow error, which freezes iOS, is apparently not enough to bypass Activation Lock. However...

>"A single overflow error, which freezes iOS, is apparently not enough to bypass Activation Lock. However, Joseph was able to crash the security app layer completely by closing and opening iPad's Smart Cover, which in turn granted him access to the device home screen."
>aplel
>in charge of security

iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/16/12/02/researchers-bypass-apples-ios-activation-lock-on-iphone-and-ipad

Other urls found in this thread:

wikileaks.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs_purported_HIV_medical_status_results,_2008
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>patch will be implemented in an update within 48 hours

That's why I buy Apple

>having such a serious security flaw in the first place

just realized steve jobs had HIV so was probably gay, and the current CEO is openly gay

is apple gay?

t. still running Android M

Steve had cancer you fucking idiot. Cook is gay though.

no, he had HIV. full blown aids towards the end.
>but that's not what he told people
cannot fathom the state of your pineal gland if you are about to say this

steve could have died from something that mimicked cancer you mong. Those steve jobs positive hiv test results floating around on thet net are probably legit
t. nurse who helps administer aids tests

They are legit

They're on the wikileaks website

>The smart cover uses a magnet to indicate to the device when it is open or closed

M-

A. FUCKING.

-GNET.

>appleinsider

How does it work though?

Magnets?

Will probably be replaced by USB-C soon.

So only for ipad? I've an old iPhone 6 laying around with icloud lock

Posted from my 2016 device running Android lollipop

wrong, they are on the wikileaks website only for wikileaks to discredit the obvious forgeries you mongrel

wikileaks.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs_purported_HIV_medical_status_results,_2008

Any non faggot know the exact scenario you might find yourself in to need this? I'm playing with my old 4th gen iPad (on 10.1, video in the link says 10.1.1, but I doubt the scenario is different.) I don't readily see the situation where you might utilize this bypass.

If you take an iPad to where there's no familiar wifi access points, it's not going to prompt you to join one. it's just going to wait for you to enter the passcode (assuming there's one.) So it's no good for that.

What's shown in the video are the setup screens when you first turn on the iPad. But that would mean the iPad was erased and reset. But in order to reset it, you need the passcode and/or iCloud password, whichever's been set. And if you have those, then you pretty much have free reign over the iPad.

There's possibly DFU mode. I once bought an iPad that turned out to be stolen, luckily the owner never set up iCloud, so I was able to run DFU mode to bypass the passcode (but it also erases the iPad.) I don't know if it prompts you if iCloud is activated.

tl;dr;lelappelsecurity: as far as I can tell, this does not mean you can start stealing iPads. At best it's one exploit that I suppose could potentially be combined with others to do "something."

>48 hours

It would've been less embarrasing had he died of AIDS. He fell for the "Magic beans cure cancer" meme instead.

MAXIMUM TOP KEK

>Use OSX or macOS
>nigger steals your mac
>starts it in single user mode
>deletes a SINGLE FILE
>machine now creates a new administrator account
>steals all your nudes

>thieving nigger smarter than winfags

Apparently there is an even easier method for current macs.. And it is the 1st result on google.