Does Sup Forums know about ovens?

Hi guys, see if you can solve this problem for me please. i've recently bought this one,
Bosch hba63b258f
it has a tiny piece of metal that "should" pivot inside the slot on the door. Now this oven do have a safety feature that locks the function of the oven but there's no way to activate that lock.

could it be that bosch builds their oven all the same and their funcionalities varies based on the model? thanks in advance

>not buying a Gorenje oven

You were doomed from the start.

>buy cheap oven from garage sale for $5
>still use it 10 years later

>Gorenje
OP here, i'm italian and i don't think i ever seen that brand before

Sup Forums - consumerist electronics general

Gorenje were the bomb years ago, but they say theyve become "good looking but not reliable" lately.

Read the installation manual? The lock may need power to open.

OY VEY REMEMBER THE 6 GORILLION

i did read it, the only security measure it has, when you hold in the button, is to lock the functions, so you cannot turn it on by playing around with the dials

but, again, the oven door does have a lock. which brings me to my question really, could it be that they are built all the same and some functionalities are avialable in other models? i mean it's dumb but i can't think of another reason why there would be a lock and the manual not mentioning how to use it.

>tfw you can't make your own temperature profile like in industrial ovens

literally why?

It's self cleaning isn't it? That's what the door lock is for. When you activate the cleaning mode the door is locked so you can't roast your stupid self.

oh shit i haven't thought of that. i'll give that a try right now.

You realize you the self cleaning cycle lasts for hours, right?

>oven tech support thread

It's over, Sup Forums is finished.

italian here too. It`s slav shit

5 minutes in and that lock is working it's magic
thank you sir, it was exactly like you said.

Turn it off, you dunce. Stop wasting resources.

it's its first start anyway, manual suggests to have it run for 1 hour to burn away the smell of "new oven"

thanks god for that. it's letting out a foul stench

Yep, theres this oily greasy smell whenever you turn on an oven for the first time. It's good they didn't fall for the catalytic self-cleaning oven meme.

Any day that that you can talk about things other than consumerist cellphones and laptops on Sup Forums is a good day.

>a tiny piece of metal that "should" pivot inside the slot on the door
Great choice of image, retard. I'm sure you'll get many helpful replies and your all your problems will soon be solved.

Yea, that's what happens when you expose things to 800 degree heat for the first time.

>falling for the high tech oven meme

>have a shitty mabe leiser that is older than me,does what ovens,and stoves do perfectly fine

>Gorenje over german masterrace BOSCH

Germans are the undisputed kings of ovens m8.

>hba63b258f
I wish they would start naming GPUs, CPUs and Smartphones like that.

Truth was spoken. I don't care much for Slovenia but I have to admit they make some sick appliances! The only two brands better than gorenje are Miele and whirlpool.
They still do but they're more segmented now (they either have low end stuff or high end pro kitchen equipment, the mid segment is neglected)

Inform yourself, they have ok stuff. Also why is zanussi so cringely bad??

>buying anything german for tech

I hope you enjoy your over-engineered complex niche part replacement oven

i wouldn't know, never bought any appliances from that company. prior to this bosch i had a samet oven (circa 1995)

>not buying superior V-Zug products

it's sounds like you're poor or something OP

>thread on Sup Forums about ovens
>actually spent the day doing maintenance on our oven

More like /diy/ material, but anyway. Gas nozzles were clogged to shit, pretty much everything was washed and left to dry, should be good to assemble tomorrow. Hopefully this should last 6 years or so without any major maintenance.

baader meinhof phenomenom

...what?