Give it to me straight Sup Forums

Give it to me straight Sup Forums

Building my first PC for moderate gaming use mostly. Had a budget of $400usd and no used parts. Finished spending about $380usd

How will this setup do me coming from a PS3/vita/3ds gamer and using illustrator/PS on a 3 year old i3 laptop?

Haven't assembled yet

>AMD
>7950

i have the fx 6300 and i wish i didnt desu

I have the fx 4100 and am perfectly happy desu

Should have saved like $200 more, it would have made a big difference.

the fx 6300 isnt that bad imo i have had it for around 3 years and want to upgrade but have to wait and save money

>and no used parts
But hell of a lot of outdated ones
The case is just too big for only those components, should've got a smaller one
PSU is way overkill too

Suggestions within my price range?

I would rather stay within my budget

It's going to be OK, I have a FX 6300 to and I havent really needed a better CPU for anything, some CPU heavy titles would benefit from it but whatever. The only downside is hot loud the fucking stock cooler.
Where did you get a brand new 7950?

Local PC builder store. Cleaning out new old stock. $89

Yeah it's super old but they gave me their 90 day warranty and I don't think any modern card at $100 would keep up with it. At least from what I read. Kind of new to this.

yeah, the current 100 bucks cards (1050 and 460) cant compete with if you got it that cheap

should've ditched the wireless card for a Ethernet cable. Don't have to deal with fucky wifi and save $20

why... why did u buy an AMD cpu...

Due to my space layout I would have to invest in network equipment for it to reach my router wired. I run my consoles on wireless and have no issues. Or is this particular card no good?

See Suggestions otherwise?

Perfectly fine depending on the use case

Read that as gpu my bad.

It was cheap is all I can say

IMO its just cheaper to run a 100ft cable that cost less than $15. you only need one just to run internet to a room and you can use a switch/hub to connect other devices to that same cable if you need to. Wired in my experience is just better than any WIFI period for speed and reliability.

Spent too much on psu, should have got an i5

You could just buy a 50ft cable

They're not that expensive

Why the fuck you bought an old hd 7950?

See

>mfw I have an fx-8350 and 7950 and it feels horribly outdated
>currently plotting new build

user you just made me realize how much I took for granted.

Bruh, I have the 7950's successor (R9 280) and even that feels woefully outdated. But it will handle most gaems handily

Other than the wireless card that should have been just a cable, I don't think this machine will be a problem.

It will be loud, take a lot of electricity, and not run games on max settings. But it will be fine.

The R9 280 wasn't even a successor its literally the same card. Flash a 7950 and you have a R9 280

Will admit I splurged on the wireless card because I couldn't live with cables running down my hallways.

Some of us are just starting out with PC gaming. You're welcome.

Another deal from the local PC store. $40 new. Seemed like the cheapest decent quality psu even though it is overkill.

i think you did ok for the price there are people who buy prebuilt for 2 times the price that have the same cpu and worse components