Sup Forumsuts thread

4k edition

hurr

Is that shine on your cooler or its painted like that?

nice spaghetti

It's a reflection. I wish they made the cooler in black.

>1000 series in SLI
Money well spent :^)

Gutsu

>have all that money to spend
>can't even populate all the ram slots
LMAO@U

mah guts

there's no point in doing that

>1300W PSU

Mother of god, why

>window
>rog
>lighting
>pleb

STOP posting images larger than 2.10 megapixels

probably still thinks processors are pentium 4 EE level power drawers

should have bought a C612 motherboard

u hatin' cuz im stylin on u

How hot does that poor top card get?

Absolutely incredible build. Big air instead of AIO meme. Two reference, which are the nicest looking, 1080s. Blower cooling is perfect for sff. I am jealous man. I can see that the build is idle but the temps are still great.
I like all cases that use a riser like that. I have considering doing that exact build but I think I'm going to go m-atx instead when I buy a new case. How is the mx master in games?
yeee dat nitro 480. Any build that displays that card makes me hard. I dislike the blue LED but whatever it's still nice. Good job with cables too!
>matte black
I linked this one to my discord pals. I feel like i'm saying the same shit for all the builds here but this is another one I really fucking like. Understated yet powerful. The purple highlighting is the perfect choice.
Very utilitarian, like mine. Respect son.

This case was from my 2500k/6950 build back in 2011. Haven't spent money on a new box yet. Going to upgrade to 4133 ddr4, a z170, and my cooler if the 6600k doesn't do 4.5ghz with the hyper. Also considering nvme pci-e drives. I swear the cables don't get much better in this case, I have tried a million different methods over the years. I cant squeeze any more behind the back panel. Need a modular psu.

thanks man.
here are the temps with closed case at full load (prime95+unigine valley).

is 88c even safe?

>was going to crossfire back in 2011
>got good deal on antec 1200w, it was cheaper than 700-800w units and had 9/10 on jonnyguru
>fucking bolt randomly falls out the fan grill after a year
>RMA it, antec send me this 1300w beast
>never did crossfire

Wow! What do you do for work that you are able to afford that? I see you play at 4k, how is it? Why did you opt for that over 1440p 144hz?

What games do you play that you built that computer for? My goal was to hit 144fps in overwatch, doom, and WoW and play new games well enough. I achieved it save WoW. I think going to z170 to overclock my cpu and 4133 mhz ddr4 will solve that issue though. I know it's not my GPU limiting the game, it barely stresses it at all.
my specs are in the pic
yes it's fine

>I like all cases that use a riser like that. I have considering doing that exact build but I think I'm going to go m-atx instead when I buy a new case. How is the mx master in games?

So it'd basically be my computer then.
I dunno if I'd go with a case this small if I was gonna do it all over again, it's a nightmare to work in.

What cooler friendo?

specs

For work, I program in languages that Sup Forums hates.
I went for 4k@60 because I don't play fast-paced multiplayer that much.
The aim was to get >60fps in all the latest titles.
Thermalright HR-22

>that management

sup

It's cleaning/upgrading time :)

>not using dual 4k
baka desu famililia

very nice

Man those poor 1080s, what core clock can you maintain when the cards are at 100% load?

been thinking about going 1080 sli or stepping up to a 1080 ti with the evga program

do you think sli is worth it?

see pic
it's worth it if you want smooth 4k gaming with all settings maxed out. i did not run into any issues with SLI so far.

is the hb bridge really needed???
possible to use maybe two normal sli bridges???

Waiting on the E5-2667s and another radiator.before I transfer my SSDs and PSU.

make us

gpu installed

that usb cable on your water pump looks like absolute shit lol what was corsair thinking

That looks so fucking cool. Did you take that?

Yeah it's the only pic that came out right actually , the blue led strip is very bright.
The Aura led on the card is awesome!

>For work, I program in languages that Sup Forums hates.
You mean every language? :P

I have the same specs on my CPU and GPU, is that a 2658v3 ES and a 7970/280x?

hey

specs

Nice user, but the LEDs are fucking terrible.

>gaywad video cards

Suits you perfectly.

Hey tech-cunts

>is the hb bridge really needed???
yes
>possible to use maybe two normal sli bridges???
no

>only 4 ram slots per cpu
>PCI slots
>non-ECC gayming RAM with chinksinks
why

Well aren't you just a meme machine

>gaymen GPUs on a server board
why

to play vidya with VT-d while i do server shit

also
>SuperMicro X9DAE
>server board
>that has SLI license and on board audio

>>that has SLI license and on board audio
and no BMC

I went sli and I can. OP should have gone watercooled. Especially with an overclock

I've had watercooled builds before. It's not worth the effort.

effort? what a h75/h100 closed. Its as much effort to put in as a aircooled. 4 screws to mb then screw the fans to the case.

i tried

>CLC
>'''''''''''''' water cooling '''''''''''''

What?

It's literally watercooling

Watercoolers are more prone to failure

air coolers are reliable on a long term basis

Extremely similar setup to mine man

The purpose of watercooling is to move heat to a radiator with a large surface area, where it is exchanged into air.

With your typical closed loop, the radiator has _less_ surface area than fins on a large air cooler. This defeats the point of watercooling. There is no magic property of water that will make the heat disappear. It has to be dumped into the air eventually.

The only reason why shit like corsair H-series does well in benchmarks is because they put loud high-CFM fans on it.

Whats the difference between a closed loop 240mm rad vs. a 240mm in a custom cpu loop?

the rad on H100 is only 27mm thick and made from aluminium.

Closed loops uses smaller, less powerful pumps and have restricted width radiators. Custom radiators tend to be more expensive due to their material and the number of water channels inside them.

I aggree with the material

but i though thickness didn't matter nearly as much as width or height

The performance difference should be negligible

Thickness matters in two ways
>larger total fin area
>larger water channels
Or both combined.

whats the specs of the build senpai? im temped to get something a little more workstationy soon

ah my mistake i mistook regular old thickness with fin density my bad

witness

see

You made my imagination flare up

You said witness and when i saw the top of the image the fan center looked like a rear view mirror

I thought i was going to see a dead body for some reason

Don't mind me i'm spouting madness

neat, but what case, storage setup, etc?

lmao nigga get off that jungle juice

SuperMicro SC743 chassis and a M28SACB 2.5" disk backplane. 8x 4TB HGST UltraStar 7K4000 in a RAID 6, 8x 480GB Seagate 600 Pro SSDs in a RAID 0, both behind an Areca 1883ix

>rack case
looks annoying to build in desu senpai

FURY X MASTERRACE

It comes with feet and can be used as a tower

What case is this?

I'd rather have neat, enclosed rack and rack cases than a shelf filled with mid-tower cases

Bad picture is bad.

Silverstone SG-10

got some GPU sag there bro. Nifty otherwise
You can turn off the LED in Trixx. It's a full RGB LED but if you get Sapphire Trixx you can turn it off entirely, change the color, or brightness, or make it do a rainbow cycling effect.
Ayy more Sapphire 480 bros.

I think my build is a good balance between utility and aesthetics. I like to look at my PC because I take pride in my work.

LEDs are RGB and I was thinking after seeing a certain user's build of just switching them to a dim orangeish. Very beautiful.
>pretty much perfect build
>even with mismatched sized GPUs still looks intentional and practical, and just a generally good looking build
>the fucking cable for Corsair Link runs across fucking everything and ruins it all.
Just route it around the CPU block then up along those other cables next to the RAM or something...
excellent semen cooled PC
HOH SIS what are on those drives boyo?
Great cable management for a case without any apparently.
InWin 904 case. I like it but I don't want to get rid of my R2 XL otherwise I am seriously considering because it's so gorgeous. I'm also on air cooling too so that might not be the best case for airflow, but god DAMN the 904 looks good. Also
>FAN STOP
Here's your comment it's not bad.
I've literally never seen anyone with a Fury X. How is it? The stock liquid looks kinda shitty hahaha. Could you imagine Xfiring two of those with the stock coolers. Shit would be retarded.

256GB is more than enough RAM, compatibility with existing expansion cards, and I already had the RAM.

>prebuilt
why

>Nvidia
>(((Founders edition)))
wew lad you know what to do

>>prebuilt
what

No one buys cases that shitty for custom builds.

do tell, which non-reference card with a blower-type cooler is better?

>shitty
that projection. its not prebuilt, has 6x hot swap fans, 8x hot swap 3.5" bays, 8x hot swap 2.5" bays and is rack mountable. you're comparing some pleb tier gayming case to something enterprise class, and somehow think yours is better because it is painted black on the inside.