What's Sup Forums's opinion on pic related?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on pic related?

I got it last week and love everything about it.

Aside from the fact that the NSA can listen on everything I do at home.

What is that, a giant pencil eraser?

they were already listening, makes no difference

no its googles google home, its like apple home and amazons echo.

I dont see a use for voice controlled devices at all.
>mfw my dad bought me an echo dot for christmas and i dont own a single android or iOS device to run the setup app even if i wanted to use it.
$50 hockey puck.

you have no friends that have an android or IOS device?
your dad or mom doesn't have one?

Dont be daft, its a glade scented thingy

>friends
I dont have any.
>parents
I live alone in a different state.

If you know somone with kids it would make a good present. Kids love this thing.

>say "google, what's the most painless way to kill yourself."

post results

Voice command is the most useless shit. Would only be worth the botnet if I could type with my thoughts.

someone ask google (or echo) how to join ISIS and post results.

i wouldn't advise this, it's probably programmed to call the police

>people actually have echos and google homes
>wont ask shit questions and post results

you people suck

someone ask one of these honeypots to tell you the definition of "roastie"

They're pretty comfy.

Sometimes you just get tire of typing, tapping and swapping.

That's a really sad existence user, you should join some clubs or something. And buy a phone you goddamn caveman.

I have friends online, just not where i live. I have a phone. It is a $20/yr VOIP landline.

Why

Because i have absolutely no life.
It makes sense from a NEET perspective though.

So, uh, how is it as a music player or whatever?

The novelty has worn off , but it's still pretty nice for listening to music with. Got it for free though, so can't complain at all.

I thought with Chromecast they finally had a half decent use for it, you can ask it to play something and it does it

How well does that work?

Thoughts on it as a gift to grandparents or something? They don't really use tech much so having a voice interface for stuff might be nice.

There are so many microphones and monitopring devices all over the place and I've stopped my white collar shit so I have no worries over privacy with it.

As cool as I think it is I just don't see a use case. How often do you really think you'd use it? I like to browse my music library and pick something. My phone's homescreen tell me if I need an umbrella. I just can't think of a reason to own one even though I kind of want it.

Does anyone have one or the alexa device? Were you surprised by how often you ended up using it?

Why wouldn't you use an open source alternative like Jasper?

They're just going to hear the sounds of me masturbating and alex jones rants I guess.

What is the fucking point of this? What does it do?

pic related

echo just says idk. It doesnt have any search capabilities beyond the most basic of things.

Kill yourself, you fucking shit stain.

i have one, it's pretty cool but definitely needs some updates.

more note-taking (it can only make a "grocery list" right now?)and calendar editing commands are needed.

but connected to the Philips Hue light system is very nice, and i would love to get those blinds that can be opened and closed with Home, also the door locks

Nice botnet nigger.

suck my fucking dick you fucking retard

So you paid for a connected always-listening device to turn your TV on without a remote and dick around with your lights? Are you retarded?

your phone is probably listening to you breathe and type right now too...

just think : some guy in a cubicle at google HQ is literally taking notes on your every key stroke and how often you use the bathroom

I had to get one to test it out for work. It has a lot of potential, but it's currently very frustrating. The Google Assistant app on the phone, theoretically running on the same base, has a variety of functions that the Home unit is missing. There are some Home functions the Assistant lacks as well, but they're less noticeable to me.

If the Home could even do some basic things like send messages/email or initiate phone calls it would be significantly more useful, but it's not worthwhile right now.

Already did that with my Echo jokingly and it told me to call a suicide prevention lifeline.

I'll buy one when Google figures out that saying "hey, google" or "ok, google" every fucking time is terrible.

It makes it really easy to spy on you and your family if your /secure/ wifi turns out to be /notsosecure/. Not to mention you are actually being listened to, it's not like it's a paranoia thing anymore.

Unlike you, not everyone is a pedophile.

So you are trading in what exactly for complete surveillance? OK Google what is the weather? Really?

Can it be my ai gf?

Is it possible to pinpoint the year when technology became beyond redemption? When sociopathic Silicon Valley nu males assumed complete control?

Google has no cubicles
They are not that retarded to not automate sound pattern recognition task

>It doesnt have any search capabilities beyond the most basic of things.
And this is why most of these "AIs" are doomed to fail.

I have the echo and I use it way less than I thought I would.

Looking at the command history in the Alexa app, the only two commands I've issued in the last 6 months are

"Alexa, turn light on/off" and "Alexa, weather"

I could see it being useful if I had more than just the one smart home device, but besides smart home stuff, I guess I could set it to remind me when my torrents are done or something, but that's not really worth my time.

I use mine every day. If you aren't using it for music/radio/podcasts and kitchen timer then there isn't that much use for it beyond home automation. I just wish it had a function to fast forward or rewind which really bugs me. I hear Google Home has that but I think it's only for certain things. I'd love if someone could clarify what since reviews don't say shit about small things like that.

I don't have one and I legitimately cannot justify getting one, which is sad because I want one. I don't even know why, but I just want it. This is the first product to do that to me. I want it, but have absolutely no reason to get it.

NSA can do everything they need, doesn't matter if you have this garbage or not

>24/7 always on NSA connected microphone in your home.
Google home like all Google products is a spyware ridden piece of shit. Enjoy your botnet retard.

whats is the difference? to me it sounds like they put your smart phone inside of that stupid cheap piece of plastic.

>wasting money

And people wonder why first worlders can't live on 50 000$ a year

so you're saying that there are actually 14 billion humans on earth?