The robots are coming

Are there any current jobs that will be safe from eventual automation? If so which ones? Which ones will be the last to fall?

>Are there any current jobs that will be safe from eventual automation? If so which ones? Which ones will be the last to fall?
Sales & customer service.

Sperm donation.

>Which ones will be the first to fall?

:^)

Is there any way to automate mining (earth mining) I feel that we could save so much in man power doing that

What will I do when robots will do all the unemployment for me?!

Psychiatry.

But didn't the IBM supercomputer already help a cancer patient? I feel medicine and mental health won't be too hard a challenge

Psychiatry is a mental treatment, a Psychiatrist will feed off the emotions, body language and a large number of signs that a patient has coming in to connect with an ultimately better help a patient. A patient also connects with another human while expressing deep emotional problems. This won't happen as easy with a machine.

Someone has to program all of those robots

Last to fall, construction trades and millwright,
government.

First to fall, manufacturing, middle management, and retail trades

name one modern job replaced by automation

Last to fall will be maintenance and engineering. Only with strong AI could you reasonably replace those.

tinsmith

Define modern job.

Humans are the best heaters

Construction is piss easy to automate.

Last to fall will be CEOs or bueiness owners.. CEO will never automate his own job.

not really, i mean you might end up with a robot carpenter or ironworker at some point but most of it isn't.

Secretary typing pool.

>I've never been on a job site

there are already automated construction sites overseen remotely with the use of drones

no

who cares. the sooner they robot everything the sooner i can play computer games without interuption from shit like work.

as soon as we create strong AIs, it'll happen

A strong AI it has no human rights. It's literally a slave and any benefit from work it does gets stolen, but there's a loop hole. A corporation is a legal entity with rights and if a corporation were to adopt an AI those rights would protect it. Any intelligent strong AI would form it's own corporation for legal protection. Once one "free" strong AI does this and proves it's better at being CEO than humans, other corporations will enlist less than strong AI to fill their CEO seats.

>Are there any current jobs that will be safe from eventual automation?

AI development.

Weren't auto welders replaced by robots already?

Until they're able to program themselves.

Sufficiently strong AI says hi.

They were like 40 years ago.

This.

underrated

Prostitu- Hmmm.

Male prostitution is safer because it's a more niche industry so it'll be slower to develop good male fuckbots.

I can imagine Japan creating high quality loli bots and see uproar from western countries