What if

What if there were open source distros of windows? It would probably be less of a botnet. I could actually imagine it being a great os if it was more open source.

> Install Paint.NET

Ever heard about ReactOS you fucking newfag?
Google it.

Not good enough.

Why?

We've all thought about the idea of an open source Windows at one point in our lives, and we all thought it would be great.

> But it's never going to fucking happen.

All the Windows APIs and DirectX are never going to leave the grasp of Microsoft.

> Even with Bill Gates gone, we got some god damn dirty ape pajeet who appears to be hellbent on making everything Microsoft related a botnet.

Who are you quoting?

> Myself.

This is simply my personal opinion in regard to Microsoft's Windows and the overall consumer pc industry.

Someone could leak it though. Or someone could RE it.

Fuck windows, GNU/Linux is better anyways and it also respects your freedom.
Why clinge to the video game OS?

Because it's equivalent to Windows 95 at best, retard.

>I literally have down syndrome

Good luck in the special olympics, retard.

Basically you just said
>hurrr it doesn't run my new gaymez durrr
So fuck you and your thread. Use GNU/Linux or fuck off back to botnet forever.

I don't really consider it a video game os. It has a lot of compatibility with applications though. Almost every application made right now is on windows. It would be neat to run windows programs natively without slow down or a botnet os. It's only a dream though.

Basically you just said
>hurrr I'm literally suffering from severe mental retardation durrr

There are many applications for GNU/Linux, but you probably mean the nonfree proprietary applications.
In this case, the only thing you can do is use your Windows machine offline, this way backdoors don't affect you.
Honestly, even free, libre open source software doesn't guarantee protection from botnet.
Read Trusting trust by Ken Thompson, it's a good article.

I use OpenSUSE. I can't really stand windows as an os. I did enjoy windows xp when it was out though, that is just a throwback to when I started using this site though.

>I want free windows
>There is react os
>Gno! Gnot good enough! and I'm too lazy to help to develope it!
People like OP is the problem above else.

can reactOS run Ableton Live?

[it ain't me starts playing]

If you want to go "probably definitely illegal", you can compile the leaked source code from Windows NT 4.0.