ONE

ONE

NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/26iN12iVjqU
wccftech.com/rumor-amd-phenom-iv-x12-170-baeca-25nm-cpu-leaked-features-12-cores-6-ghz-core-clock-am4-socket-compatbility/
youtu.be/EhaB1dqYv_I
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

LET THE SHEKELS HIT THE FLOOR

LET THE SHEKELS HIT THE FLOOR

Why are they both at 4GHz?
That's not the native clockspeed for the 7600k...

You can't run an i5 6600 at 1.4ghz and expect it to act like an Intel atom.

oh sick. a price drop on skylake. I don't have a desktop so i guess i should start looking for parts

To show there is virtually zero increase in IPC, you clueless retard.

>intel
>lowering prices
Nope. Skylake parts will be pulled from shelves as Kaby Lake starts moving.

RIP Intel

But that's not how CPUs work.
CPUs don't scale well above or below their native frequencies.
Otherwise why shouldn't an i5 2500k at 4ghz just match the 6600k?

Does that ever happen?last gen intel getting a discount I mean

>why shouldn't an i5 2500k at 4ghz just match the 6600k

Because it fucking almost does

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH

HAHA oh man you're a fucking idiot

people who just forgot what MIPS is.

user, that's not how processors work.
You can't run 2 different architectures at the same clock speed and expect the results to make sense.

Why would you be so proud of being this tech illiterate?
youtu.be/26iN12iVjqU

>price drop
Kek

Wonder if those shitty benchmarks are taken with the programs as is. You're supposed to recompile the benchmark suite with a different mtune to make use of newer instruction sets.

Performance is a function of IPC X Frequency.
Jesus Christ, just how stupid are you?

Do you even understand the concept of IPC

>price drop

hasn't noticed the prices have been rising on components recently.

getting double shekeled basically.

>You can't run 2 different architectures at the same clock speed and expect the results to make sense.

Yes, yes you can, shiteating tech illiterate retard. Its called an IPC comparison. Skylake has Skylake IPC no matter if it was clocked at 10ghz or 1mhz. It processed the same number of instructions per clock.

Demonstrably he doesn't. Its pathetic.

>MUH RAW PERFORMANCE
its all about efficiency these days
and at least intel is letting amd catch up

Intel isn't letting AMD catch up, intel is caught with their pants down.
They tried to tremendously outpace the rest of the industry by having their SRAM cell size and BEOL scaling be the equivalent of a full node smaller than what everyone else was offering. They paid for it in having god awful yields, and it taking them years to tune it. They started releasing 14nm parts with Broadwell CoreM in 2014, and they will be releasing 14nm Coffee Lake in late 2017 or early 2018.
4 generations of chips and 4 years on the same node.

Their 10nm process will have the same parametric yield issues that they encountered at 14nm. No PR spin about this node ramping up faster will change it. 10nm Cannonlake will launch as low power mobile SKUs because they won't be able to yield any high clocking dies for a year after it is technically "ready."

>5 watts
>all of the power hungry components are now in the north bridge

>it processes the same amount of instructions per clock
I don't want to believe in the summer meme, but your post and this season...
Damn...

Nice shitpost, tech illiterate retard.
The core pipeline and all its stages are timed with clock cycles. Any given stage takes X number of clocks. This never changes. Ever. It is a function of the architecture. IPC is a constantly.

Stay in Sup Forums where you belong.

Ipc is different at different clockspeeds user, that's why overclocking doesn't result in linear gains.

Must be fun being a tech illiterate faggot though, but it's a shame googling those fancy words didn't actually teach you anything about what you're trying to argue.

Performance doesn't continue linear scaling with all ops, it does with some, because different parts of the core handling different instructions don't all hit cache at the same rate. This is a nuance, not the rule.

Keep on shitposting, tech illiterate retard.
Kaby Lake is nothing but a refresh of Skylake with a new video decoder. IPC is the same. There are no significant architectural changes.

>b-b-b-b-but you can't compare them at equal clocks!

Not that user, but this discussion (and OP's post) is about theoretical IPC and the only time it would ever make sense to compare them would be at the same clockspeed.

>You can't run 2 different architectures at the same clock speed and expect the results to make sense.

I mean, this might be one of the stupidest things I've ever read on Sup Forums that was posted unironically and I've been here for years.

>There are no significant architectural changes.
This.

Also tip-top-kek to somebody linking to that fake Euroslav's "benchmark" channel. Yeah, SEEMS LEGIT. Basically a WCCFTech registrant magnet. Faggot containment zone: population - SkuezTech's subscriber list.

GPU has a few new functions and they fixed some of the bugs Skylake had

What are you smoking? That's the best way to compare the performance of multiple architectures.

>instructions per clock
>different at different clockspeeds
Are you fucking retarded?

Every time I'm reminded of wccftech I'm compelled to link this
wccftech.com/rumor-amd-phenom-iv-x12-170-baeca-25nm-cpu-leaked-features-12-cores-6-ghz-core-clock-am4-socket-compatbility/

I'm disappointed they removed the article, but the URL should be enough

At one point they claimed Steamroller had SMT and supported 4 threads per core, and Kaveri was going to be a 6 core APU.
It really is awful. Like those tabloids you see in the checkout line at the market, except people seem to think currytech is legitimate.

I think he's trying to apply gaymer diminishing FPS returns logic on GPU overclocks to raw CPU IPC benchmarks. The hilarious thing is that the 6700k's stock clock is 4.0 GHz. There is no overclocking here.

Literally LMAO'ing @ that guy's life.

Oh man. Thank you based wayback machine.

>AMD Phenom IV X12 170 – The 12 Core and 6 GHz Clocked CPU

>Codenamed Baeca, the Phenom IV X12 170 processor is built on a 25nm process. AMD has never mentioned plans to use 25nm process in its 2013-2014 roadmap, the only 28nm process designed Steamroller arrives in 2014 with the Kaveri APU. So this is a false assumption, furthermore the Phenom IV X12 170 processor would outdo the 8 core FX-series featuring 12 cores and a 6 GHz base clock speed. All of this within a 75W TDP package. The CPU would also feature a L3 cache of 24 MB. Sure seems alot no?

>The processor comes with new instruction sets which include 3DNow(+), AMD-V and AMD-IV. It is mentioned on the CPU-Z that the processor is in ES phase and was tested with an internal AM4 motherboard from ASUS. Yes, it seems so the leaker has found out that the new Phenom IV X12 170 processor would only be compatible with the AM4 (1356-Pin) socket. The processor sounds like a beast but when would it launch? the leaker has mentioned that the AMD Phenom IV X12 170 would launch in mid-2014 or 2H of 2014 after the launch of 28nm Steamroller based Kaveri APUs.

>AMD Phenom IV X12 170

>You can also find the CPU-z shot which was leaked by the Chiphell forum member, quite surprising isn’t it that CPU-Z database got updated with an unknown CPU’s specifications so earlier before launch?

>Note: If you missed the note on the top, then i would like to mention it once again that this rumor is mostly based on false assumptions by the leaker. It’s false since AMD doesn’t has a 25nm process design planned for 2014 nor do they have plans to release a new socket for their FX line of processors.

Speaking of games...
youtu.be/EhaB1dqYv_I

>2013
>12 core CPU
>24 MB L3 cache
>the vaunted 25 nm process
>under 75W TDP
>AMD

WCCFTech (((((Journalism)))))

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!

What are we supposed to be looking at here?

SURELY NOT THE BEST

COLORS THAT YOU SHINE