Do you have a Mac?

Do you have a Mac?

no

No but I have a bunch of qt socks

Yep, '09 MBP

They're pretty solid laptops, but expensive. The rest of their lineup is shit though.

Yep, 2015 15" rMBP with dGPU, the last good MacBook made by Apple since 2016 models are literally cancer inducing.

no, but i have a pants

Yeah, rMPB 15'. It's meh all around, okay for light dev/media shit, bad for fun. If I didn't feel like throwing $3200 further down the drain, I'd install a sane distro.

This .

Yes, a 2006 Core 2 Duo white MacBook still rocking Snow Leopard

The thing is trashed, the display has lost all brightness and the fan is failing. Still it has crazy features that newer mac can only dream about

>USB ports and many other ports
>DVD-R drive
>Replaceable battery
>Replaceable disk drive
>MagSafe™ connector
>An IR receiver for the bundled remote control

The thing was very good for it's time with much better battery life than contemporary laptops. It had it's flaws but all in all it was a very comfy UNIX based graphical laptop with a nice OS and nice software. I don't use it any more, too old and slow with too little memory, my Linux based laptop is better in everything.

Back then Apple wasn't all trash. The new Macs are shit though, software wise, hardware wise, price wise and the Mac users are annoying.

new mac laptops don't have replaceable batteries?

'11 mbp
it just werks, newer mbps are absolute trash tho

mfw never bought an applel product

yes, 2013 mbp

No, they are all glued up.

In 2006 MacBook you just needed a coin to replace the battery. With 2 standard screws you could quickly add RAM and change the drive unit (both impossible in the new MacBooks).

Not to mention the 2006 MacBook had a proper keyboard with a full key travel unlike the shit that Apple is doing now.

Yeah, it's essential for work, because another options for doing job right are windows with terminal ports from gnee+linups or gnu+lineeps itself.

yes, 2015 13"

it's pretty nice to use, build quality is great

And it had battery lights, another feature crapple dropped but still somehow charges more!

But we got an emoji bar now!

>Yeah
>Yep
>Yep
>Yeah
Are we gays, guys?

Got an 08 MacBook Pro 15" for $170, popped a spare SSD in.

Really not a bad machine

Sadly, yes.

Yes, a late 2013 13" Macbook Pro.

Of course.

Im getting my first laptop in 10+ years. how did I do for the price?

Lenovo E570 15.6" Laptop: i7-7500U, 16GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe SSD, GTX 950M, Win 10 $510

Why are you drinking with grills?

I miss the charge lights.

I have a 2015 MacBook Pro 15" with gpu (x2). One is for personal, one is for work.

No. What I also don't have is a bunch of dongles.

I'm gonna get one to learn Swift, is it better to get a desktop or a laptop?

Just a Google pic of the same unit, haven't photographed mine yet
>tfw mine don't work
>tfw repair means total disassembly
Depends on what you already have/use. If you don't really have a main desktop, grab an eBay iMac. If you don't have a solid laptop pick up the Pro

>not the proper way to have Mate.
what are you doing fampai?

Now it's 20-16 with a waifu and a dream.

Yes.

This, I have the same model as well with 2.5GHz i7, 512GB SSD, and 16GB of RAM. Probably going to be my final Mac but that's okay, it should last at least a few years.

Sure, late 2012 mac mini, its the only one that is decent value.

>Meta Wikipedia
>Mate
Sören bitte

The charge lights were a neat gimmick but they're a lot less useful in an era of NVMe SSDs where macOS boots in 2 seconds.

i work with technology, so of course i have one

Yes.

2015 13'' rMBP 256GB.

A few.
Powerbook 520
2006 iMac
iMac G3 600mhz
PowerMac G4 MDD DP
Powermac G5 2.0 DP
Powerbook G4
Powerbook G3 PDQ
Powerbook G3 Pismo
LC575
Two G4 cubes

Mid-2011 11" MBA
I'm considering replacing the battery to keep it going since the bastard only lasts about half an hour to 45min when using chrome with a bunch of tabs and stuff. I had to have the logic board replaced and apple store told me nothing was wrong with the battery so IDK. Other than that I've gotten quite a bit of use out of it, it's accomplished what I wanted it for, though I can't see myself ever buying a new Mac in the future at this rate unless I needed some piece of OSX only software for work.

What do you think of the cubes?

Mac is cancer

2014 13 Inch Macbook Air
It's alright, but I'll probably be installing some Linux distro sometime soon.

Not much right now, since I need to make space for one. They look nice and were decently powerful for something that size. I love how the inside is set up to minimize space, and how easy it is to pull it apart. The CPU is kind of slow, so I'm going to try and drop in a dual 550 CPU once I get the time.

Nearly forgot, 1.5ghz G4 mini.
It's amazing what people throw out.

>Computers and electronics
>Not technology

>fruity toddler toy OS and devices for technology illiterates that are terrified of and hate technology and want everything to "just werk" even if it means sacrificing 95% of functionality
>technology

Pick one.

do you have gtk socks?

>Computers and electronics
>Not technology

>fruity toddler toys
>technology

>Convergence of materials, electrical, computer, software, mechanical, and countless other forms of engineering
>Not technology

I have a Macbook 3.1. It has an installed Xubuntu and compiles CyanogenMod for me.

no. just a thinkpad and an 5 year old android phone.

I have an iBook G4. It is awesome.

I have two MacBooks, one 2011 white one and a 2015 MacBook Pro. It's very good desu, but I'll be getting something like a Dell XPS 13 as my next I imagine.

>Still it has crazy features
>>USB ports and many other ports
>>DVD-R drive

wow crazy

my desktop doesn't even have a DVD-R drive how crazy is that

Yes, and it's a cheap flimsy fragile under performing piece of shit, like all Apple products. Getting a Thinkpad next time.

I'm using both a 2010MBP and a 2016 macbook right now. One on lap, one on desk.

Yes I do. It isn't that great.

you bought a fucking Air is why you retard. It's meant for things iPads are meant for but with a keyboard.

I think he was being sarcastic.

>Buying modern chinkpads
Exactly what I'd expect from you.

Yeah i do but its only because of work.
Not that really great machines

2012 MB Air checking in.

Yes. It's the best computer I've ever owned.

>fruity toddler toy OS and devices for technology illiterates that are terrified of and hate technology and want everything to "just werk" even if it means sacrificing 95% of functionality
>technology

No, I have something far superior, a Dell XPS 13 and a custom desktop.

2011 15" MBP

Has done the job pretty decently so far if you don't count when the motherboard failed (which my insurance covered) it's been pretty good. Replaceable HDD and RAM means I've replaced both. The GPU is a bit asthmatic, but I don't post on Sup Forums so it didn't become an issue until I started doing heavy GPGPU compute stuff and even then I just did the sensible thing and built a desktop for that work.

>Computers, software, and electronic devices
>Not technology
This isn't /whichbrandsipersonallyapproveof/, this is Sup Forums.

>No, they are all glued up.
It's not like that's a problem when you can still easily remove the things with a putty knife. They didn't even move to glue straight away, the 2008-2011 models had their batteries held in place with screws and it wasn't until the 2012 when they started using glue.

for being ten years old it's gotten me by just fine. I just spent $40 on two new xeons because the ones I have are shit. 32gb of ram is coming as well.

>t. mactoddler

>Melting down when people discuss technology on a technology board

yep

rMBP 2015. typing on it now...

>melting down when people on a technology board tell you to take your toddler toys back to /r/eddit

I thought I was the only one. Mine is in near perfect condition apart from the battery which no longer holds a charge. Upgraded to a 256GB SSD and 4GB of RAM. Works pretty good with Lion and Debian.

At the moment? 11 Macs. But most of those are classic Power Macs (some I need to sell).

My main work computer is a 2011 MBP i7 16gb 500gb SSD. Apple did great things while Jobs was running the show, and I really hate that they're drifting now because I love my MBP and I would not buy the current one.

Every time someone discusses Apple there's a "mactoddler" poster. Is it always the same guy? Don't you have a life?

>Melting down when people discuss technology with a logo you don't like on a technology board

Some retarded poorfag

t. PC mustard race that also owns a MacBook Pro

>Every time someone discusses Apple there's a "mactoddler" poster. Is it always the same guy? Don't you have a life?
Remembering how badly Sup Forums bleeds onto Sup Forums I wouldn't be all that surprised if it's several different people. Then again you should never underestimate the fury and dedication of truly autistic people.

>t. mactoddler

I have a Macbook that I run Gentoo on.

>toddler toys
>technology

>Computers
>Not technology

GIGASÖREN BITTE

>fruity toddler toys for technology illiterates
>computers

>look ma i posted it again!

>apple using multi-gesture touch mouse because it's [current year]
>posts a picture of a mouse from 1984

Government really needs to spend more to cure autism.

>Government really needs to spend more to cure autism.
This.

Appletards should be rounded up and gassed tbqhwyfamalam.

>Collection of integrated circuits designed to perform mathematical operations
>Not a computer
>Not technology

2010 13" mbp, upgraded to ssd and upped ram to 8gb. I use it for web dev and playing the binding of isaac while I travel.

Will be using the new touchbar 15" rmbp in january for work will see how it goes, not looking forward to it.

Also have a windows machine and ubuntu machine at home for games and web server related stuff.

Who's the whore in the back?

Late 2013 Macbook Pro Retina from work, pretty much fully loaded

Not a big fan - always seems slower than it should be in everything. OS X has always lacked that "snap" dunno how to describe it but even when I was a Macfag 10 years ago and had an iMac when I booted into XP to play games everything always felt faster (browsing and shit).

>it has chipz so its technologee
>t. mactoddler

OSX has always been a bloated piece of shit that focused more on wowing normie retards than doing what an OS should be doing.

>It's made by a company I personally do not approve of and is therefore not technology, despite all objective measures stating otherwise

>it's made by a faceless corporation i worship, so their toddler toy facebook machines must be technology, despite all objective measures stating otherwise

>Computers aren't technology if I don't like them

Yeah, got two of them. iMac was free and is basically an anime archive. Power Mac is more or less dedicated to Civilization II, although when I was in university I used to use it to type my essays because Apple Standard Keyboard and Alps switches. Shame that you can't install the 1.16.1 Starcraft patch on Classic Mac OS.

>Model M hooked up to a Mac

I see we have a similar idea going here

Late 2013 rMBP.

It was so good I ended up buying an iphone and ipad too.

Now I'm deathly afraid of being called an apple shill

>fruity toddler toys are technology because i luv apel

>It was so good