Speakers

I want to buy speakers to be used for PC and music. Anyone have any handy speaker guides? Can't find them online. Or I can, and they're old.

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/ele/5893131878.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shut up and buy a civic

already drive one

Audioengine A5+ if you don't have/want a receiver

Literally any $250+ pair of speakers if you do have/want one.

Avoid anything that has streaming capability, they're garbage.

>old
not a problem with sound systems. if you're going to want quality equal to what was standard with a typical receiver/speaker setup from the 70s, you're going to have to creep into the four digit range.

alternatively, go to thrift stores and antique shops and buy high quality dynamic speakers from the 60s-80s for

I meant the lists are old, moron. A list is pretty useless when over half that shit on it is no longer manufactured.

wow, you're rude. I'm not going to help you anymore.

I'm OP, that wasn't even me. I don't know why someone would go to the effort.

I'll check out thrift stores, thanks. Am Irish so I'm not sure how lucky I'll be.

>Audioengine A5+
I thought this was considered shit?

>I thought this was considered shit?
complete shit, yes

>I thought this was considered shit?

Only if you're an autist.

form>function idiot detected
close your macbook

They have "Desktop Speakers" in their name, that's reason enough for me. Fuck that.

yeah, better buy some stupidly large HiFi speakers that are 5x larger than the room i'm putting them in.

I don't have to buy something massive, either. There's a thing called middle ground, might wanna visit there sometimes.

>I want to buy speakers to be used for PC and music

Desktop speakers are the middle ground.

So the Audioengine A5+ are the best option?

If you're not interested in buying a receiver, yes.

Ok I see. Thanks.

I'm intrigued by receivers, any recommendations just out of curiosity?

Any good receiver will run you $500+

however it will have the ability to expand for whatever you might want to do in the future.

A good $1500 receiver could easily last you over a decade.

onkyo?

Under 50 watts is fine unless you get fucking huge speakers. You can get a deal on used "home theater" receivers from the usual sources (craigslist, ebay, etc), doesn't matter if it supports ten billion channels or not, you'll only be using two of them. My personal preference is yamaha, they tend to be higher quality than the usual consumer grade (read: shit) stuff.

shit nigga
Thanks for the info. Probably not what I can afford right now unfortunately. Soon...

Thanks for the info, but see above.

Yeah, might get something used, seems smart. Thanks, saw a few Yamaha reviews, seem bretty gud.

houston.craigslist.org/ele/5893131878.html

Good example of what a used one goes for, I've seen cheaper too. If you're going to buy a receiver then you'll need to get other speakers besides the A5's.

i own the bose mini soundlink 2 and it works great for me. its plenty loud enough for a small room and has a great sound. my computer is also in a small room though. its also convenient because you can just pick it up and walk away with it.

the audiophiles probably fucking hate it. its not as good as desktop speakers especially if theyre run through a receiver but its also extremely convenient so fuck it.

>mini soundlink 2
>$180 for two 1" tweeters.

Wew lad.

I bought monoprice powered studio monitors on sale for $119.99, two large 5" woofers and with two 1" tweeters>

All I do is plug them into a $50 USB DAC and I get twice the volume you have and a lot more separation and a hell of a lot more low end.

pic related, one of the monoprice speakers on my desk.

yeah i admin my requirements are specific.

extremely limited desk space
i cant turn it up too loud because of my neighbors so ive no need for that much sound.
in my line of work having a portable speaker like that is priceless. i move around a lot. i keep my desktop at my primary residence but regurlarly i will have to pack up and live somewhere else for a month or so. so i just throw my laptop and my bose in a backpack and go. so either i pay for both sets of speakers or i just stick with the bose.

>seconding not being autistic / audiophile
get old speakers and a lr to aux cord and run it to your computer.
pic related got the 2 speaker towers/shelf/the stack on the shelf for $5 at a garage sale
I also have a full retail setup (8speakers+sub+lots of amps) I got for free from a store I worked at closing down