keypuller.com

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

originativeco.com/products/tada68?variant=20284675781
world.taobao.com/item/520940971460.htm#detail
world.taobao.com/item/542168551280.htm#detail
modelfkeyboards.com/product/f62-model-f-keyboard-kishsaver/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Absolutely gorgeous. Right down to the PCB the switches are mounted on.
Perfection, bar none.

Kc60 or pok3r?

neither

why PCB and not plate mount?
Its like they wanted this thing to break easily so you can buy another one in the next group buy

Where do I throw my money to get one of these?

>Its like they wanted this thing to break easily so you can buy another one in the next group buy
The guy who designed it is an industrial designer, so that's no surprise.

KC60, you'll get a keyboard that's actually fully programmable.

Received this in a trade yesterday.

Memes aside, this is great.

what did you trade it for?

Taobao

OCD60

It is too fat/thick it is repulsing,also no plate mount

threadly reminder that the best keyboard ever made uses rubber dome technology.

Stop being so fatphobic, all keyboards are beautiful regardless of size

Does it ship to milkbagland though?

Ergodox with cherry greens. No complaints with that either. It was fun to play around with, but not something I'd like to use everyday.

What keyboard is that?

Taobao agents will.

i cant solder so i cant make a custom mech bored

HHKB Pro 2

welcome to /mkg/

What's a good agent then? I remember imsto sometimes shipping stuff from taobao to people if you asked, but he's been nonresponsive lately last I checked.

What keyboard is that?

pay someone else to do it for you

Find me another aluminum keypad that isn't garish like that Van thing and I may cancel my order.

My soldering's shit and I still managed just fine

TADA68

Sorry, replied to wrong post. Thanks for the answer though :)

originativeco.com/products/tada68?variant=20284675781

Is an ErgoDox good enough that I'll give up normal keyboards when I get one?

Digging the AEK keycaps. What alps variant do you have underneath them?

I'd say so. I can still tolerate the normal staggered layout, but I doubt I could go back to using them all the time.

Dampened cream alps, I also love the keycaps, they seem to be some of the few good caps you can get for alps-style switches.

Just bought an AEK II that may or may not work on eBay
I plan on harvesting the keycaps, but can I harvest the switches as well? And if so, what board could I put them on? I'd like a 66% one if possible

Is a mechanical keyboard worth having if you never learned touch typing?

will most likely have some form of alps switches you could harvest and put in a custom board

i believe clueboard has alps options and is 66%

I love soldering, where do I get one of these? I've been wanting a mech keyboard anyways so it's like two presents.

It depends on your usage. They are very comfortable; being able to type with both hands at shoulder width is certainly a luxury. Comfort is only increased with grifiti wristrests.

That being said, there are several disadvantages, namely, the inability to comfortably type one-handed. While still possible, it was significantly more difficult for me than on a more standard board.

I'd say that its one of the best for writing, but they do not particularly excel at much else aside from comfort.

depends on whether you like how they feel or not

That looks pretty nice, what case can I put this in? I see it's compatible with the fc600m's but I can't find that anywhere

damn

i don't really type two-handed much, but it looks super comfy and good for gaymin

I'd say so. Regardless, touch typing is an invaluable skill. Websites such as keybr.com are great for learning.

i believe varmilo make a board with the same layout as well, vb660m or something

you should be able to find cnc alu cases for that layout on taobao, know i've seen them there before

yes, you can also harvest the switches. You'll need some desoldering equipment, but you can get a basic desoldering pump for 12 bucks or so.

I think the clueboard PCB supports alps, should also allow for a layout that'd accustom to the AEK II keycaps (non-standard bottom row).
Clueboard also offers cases last I checked.

That's not a kit you're looking at, what's a disassembled AEK II.

Though you can get a DIY keyboard kits all over the place. Aliexpress has some, clueboard.co, and mechanicalkeyboards.com should also have everything you need to build one yourself.

Or just design and build one from scratch. You could even handwire it if you love soldering to that extent.

world.taobao.com/item/520940971460.htm#detail

China is your friend

you obviously have a bbw fetish so even if I recommend you the npkc one you'd say that its thin aluminum despite it just being 30 bucks

Thanks, I'll look into that
Will a 5 bucks like they have on amazon do?
Also the clueboard website currently doesn't offer cases, maybe I should wait a while to see if they sell them again

Thanks man
That's a bit expensive though, are all cases like that?

The thin nature of it doesn't bug me. It's just pretty ugly and unfinished since it was never supposed to be a fully keypad to begin with. Leopold once made a silver aluminum version of their number pad that I like the look of but they haven't done so in years.

For Aluminium? Yeah.

You can get some fairly cheap plastic cases sometimes, but they're normally only for GH60.

Where can I buy TADA68 in uk ?
Ukkeycaps sold out ages ago and they didnt get any in stock since :(

>Current Orders (updated Dec 2, 12:42PM)
>ISO – 4
>MOQ 1: 25
Daily reminder life isn't worth living

yurofags btfo kek desu

I really don't get what your obsession with metal is? Its not as nice as I thought it would be once I got my metal varmilo

Is that world.taobao.com/item/542168551280.htm#detail a plastic case that would fit?

>Will a 5 bucks like they have on amazon do?
Yeah, it'll be a pain, but that's the case with any handheld desoldering pump like that.

You could try sending the guy who runs clueboard an email, I hear he's quite responsive.

just buy like 5 of those sets, then sell them off as a scalper

I like my computer and accessories to match to some degree.

>garish like that Van thing
You mean this? How the hell is a simple polished square garish whole the rama pad isn't?

Hiya everybody, newfag here.
I was recently contemplating purchasing my first mechanical keyboard, and found the

"Teamwolf Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Aluminum Alloy Body LED Backlit, 87 Keys, Blue Switch"

on Amazon...
Is it good? I mean, for the pricing an all.

that's not even made from metal. What are you talking about m8?

At that price, most likely plastic yeah. Should fit.

Alright thanks a lot, I'll look into all that and probably post the result here

user that set is already $40, and evidently that's already too expensive :^)

>and probably post the result here
Please do, it's always nice to see people building things themselves

>while the
Fix'd.

that is one ugly keyboard. Zhuque uses some sort of propriety stabilizer, but it seem like it can be easily swapped. The tomoko one looks better, but I guess if you want the LEDs then go for it

>a computer that's cased in aluminum and stainless steel along with a matching keyboard are not made out of metal
what

What he fuck man? I just checked the prices on that GB and its even worse then gmk retro on massdrop

A shiny plain box is just not in my tastes at all. Might as well just get a converted switch tester if all I wanted was a metal numpad.

Hey /mkg/, I just bought a G810 from Amazon.
Got it for 80€ instead of 130€.
Any owners here and what should I expect?
First mechanical kb by the way.

shit

return it an get something that isnt made by logitech

>what should I expect?
A non-standard bottom row and non-standard stabilizer placement.

e. g. don't expect to find any replacement keycaps that will fit the whole keyboard

consider this

First not every part of the computer is made of metal, secondly that rama thing doesn't even match the aesthetic, What point are you trying to make other then you want to have an overly ostentatious set up.

How do they feel?

Can't wait until the guy cuts my plate and ships it to me so I can start building the case for my custom

Quite nice. My friends describes as browns done right, though I don't think that I can really compare them to anything I've used so far. They're fairly light, with resistance building up as you press down, with a very distinct type of tactility that I can't really put my finger on. If I had to compare them to something, I'd say that they feel like lighter clears, but that's still far from a valid comparison.

Got any drawings or sketches or anything of the sort to show off? I'd love to see your ideas

It's true that the display has a glass front, I suppose.

Sure, here's the CAD file for the plate.

Gonna be made out of clear acrylic
Controller will go in the little extension at the top mounted sideways with a right angle mini USB extension taking strain off the controller's one, without needing to fit the controller under the switches I can make the case less tall
Case will be cut out of a block of solid pine that I've got lying around using the plate as a template, using a router to cleanly carve out the interior

Browns done right sounds nice. I've never really enjoyed browns - they feel generic, perhaps too lodged in the middle of the spectrum to be interesting.

I've never used topre before, but I can see why they get so much attention. They are smooth and buttery, requiring very little effort to actuate without being as slippery and light as reds.

Thanks a lot. That picture actually just gave me an idea for my next build.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.

Why do dumb yuros need a larger enter key?

For the same reason you need all those guns, to compensate for penis size

Why are dumb yuros obsessed with penises?

You'll probably be waiting a while to see the complete finished product, I won't be able to order the switches until sometime after Christmas and the keycaps won't be here until about March because >3u caps

What can I do with this?

Is that a Lee-Enfield behind the AR on the left? Magazine makes me think so but I can't see the metal band just behind the trigger to confirm it

sell it to someone stupid enough to spend on an industrial model m

>parts finally shipped

yes

those things used to sell for 80 bucks, now some dumb asses pay like $200. Good thing the Chinese still haven't caught on

I got mine in 2009 for somewhere around $60-$90.

>Good thing the Chinese still haven't caught on
someone has
modelfkeyboards.com/product/f62-model-f-keyboard-kishsaver/

You better be able to do a mad minute m8
>tfw Strayan
>want SMLE because patriotism
>rifles start at $600 for a low quality one
>would also have to spend about $300 on getting my licence and a gun safe first

funny
this one is Australian

Nice

Convince me to not get this

Get it

You can get a vanilla ergodox from falbatech and assemble it yourself, probably be cheaper.

It costs as much to build one from falbatech to get the combo package with LEDs + wrist rests + height mounts

Does the HHKB feel significantly heavier than Reds to anyone?

I like how it is more of a vertical key.

Including the full-hand acrylic case, switches, & DSA keycaps it's 240 yurobux off falbatech. So I guess if you want to pay an extra $55 for those little legs & to have it assembled for you, then sure.