Retro Thread?

Retro thread.

Just bought this for $40 plus an hour and a half two ways of driving in a blizzard.

Radio Shack Tandy TRS-80 Model 4 with 2 disk drives and 128k of ram.

Only had TRSDOS III for it though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PBz25fWz5ds
asciiexpress.net/
asciiexpress.net/gameserver/
youtube.com/watch?v=Hht-wG4qHRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where can I find software for an Apple II?

Still got this that i bought a couple weeks ago. Haven't gotten any disks for it yet though.

Archive.org perhaps? I've gotten stuff from there for my G3 and G4 before.

ftp.apple.asimov.net is pretty good

Found these notes posted on it, thought it was pretty neat.

Note: UNB is University of New Brunswick.

You should think of getting a virtual disk drive

Here's a great druaga1 video showing him using it with his 512k Mac
youtube.com/watch?v=PBz25fWz5ds

I use something similar for my Apple IIc using VDrive in ADTPro

Did you get that directly from the university or from someone else?

Been looking at it, saw a nice kit for ~$100 USD. Supports all the 68k macs.

Nope, was an ad on Kijiji. Came with some Model III documentation and disks. Pretty sure the disks are on their last legs though.

if you died in the storm it would still be worth it, nice find brotherman KKona

Also, posting from this. I know it's not retro, but it's getting there.

Still works great though, running XP, 2.5gb ram, 80gb hdd, 1.6GB turion processor. HP Pavilion DV6000.

Battery still holds a 2hr charge.

damn I'm jelly

Do you even know what you're looking for? or are you expecting there to be some resource out there they tells you exactly what software will work for for your particular dinosaur and then also provide download links for such software?

Are you a canadafag?

Yup

100% leaf.

asciiexpress.net/

asciiexpress.net/gameserver/

enjoy

The more i look the more it seems that it's going to be a real challenge finding software for this system.

Not a whole lot of anything on Ebay. Real shame because what i've used of the system, i've really enjoyed so far.

Where can I find an IBN5100?

eBay Titor, eBay
Didn't they tell you anything? I can't imagine people forgot eBay in a couple of decades.

Can't you guys just use a FPGA? Everybody else seems to.

I'm trying to acquire an IBN5100 for somebody.
eBay just gives me weird looking chips.

I don't really know what an FPGA is.

Is this a literal meme machine?

Never heard of it, and all i see when i google it is animu shit.

I'm trying to acquire an IBN5100 for somebody.
eBay just gives me weird looking chips.

I don't really know what an FPGA is.

Here is a picture of it from wkiwkipedia

>and all i see when i google it is animu shit.
>IBM 5100 - Wikipedia

>animu shit.
Google is pretty smart, they arrange search by your past search history.

I typed in "IBN5100" exactly in Ebay and immediately got 2 results for a system. Free shipping from Japan. 99.4% positive feedback.

Fail, such a shame though.
Didn't you use imageboards as a kid?

I'm looking for a very specific piece of educational software...

and I found it here. Thanks.

Those are alarm clocks...

There weren't any of image boards when I was a kid. I did not know how to edit my post so I deleted it.

Would make sense if i ever searched for anything even closely related to anime.

>There weren't any of image boards when I was a kid.
rip 4chin

>travels through time
>doesn't know how to edit posts

Kill yourself.

?
Where did you get that information about Time traveling?
Can you guys help me where to find the computer?

>send time traveler back in time
>bullied to death by trolls

we are 1337 haxors from around the world
actually we created the year 2038 problem to see the world burn

Anybody into vintage transistor and solid state radios here? I got outbid on one of these a few days ago, it's pretty much my white whale. The Zenith 3000-1 Transoceanic.

Is 1337 haxors related to super hackers?

I have to go now.

Yes and no.

Yes because i like them and think they're cool af.

No because i live in an apartment already filled with junk.

OMG, the fucking nostalgia.

I saw one at a goodwill recently, but it was really beat up and didn't work when I plugged it in. They wanted $70, so I passed.

Eh, I have a neighbor with a kid called John with the same last name, gets the shit beaten out of him every time he comes home from school though.

I know you're just memeing steins;gate

But in all seriousness, out of all the different retro computers TRS-80, Apple II/Macintosh, Commodore 64/Amiga, Atari 8-Bit, etc... the IBM 5100 is downright unusable

I absolutely love Zenith products! My grandpa has a 1959 Zenith console TV/HiFi combo that still works great, even after almost 60 years. It's fully tube amplified, and sounds great.

Finding one in good condition is definitely a challenge, I'd say collecting Japanese radios is best since they're built like tanks and are impossible to kill it seems. Also really easy to find since Sony, Panasonic flooded the market.

It's the type of thing that i'll only buy if i end up finding one in absolutely mint condition.

Simply because i just don't have room.

I like collecting the cute pocket radios of the 70s and 80s, like
I don't have much room so they make most sense.

>trash80
>any year

k

They make sense in that way, but my priority is older computer systems.

Is an Acorn Electron worth picking up? Guy near me selling one for relatively cheap with a handful of games.

Depends how much relatively cheap is.

I'd argue any vintage system is worth picking up for the right price, just because they're fun to play with. Even if you only get a few hours worth of play out of them you'll still probably get your money's worth.

Additionally, if obtained for the right price, it's almost always an investment. These things aren't being made anymore, over time less and less are in existent and eventually people will want to have them. The price will most likely only go up.

If you have to ask, then probably not worth for you.

Stop encouraging hipsters.

>buy machines as an investment
>literary the cancer killing retro
it was nice until it lasted guys, thanks

He wants £45 and is throwing in all the games he has, looks like some good ones. I like Paperboy a lot, never played the BBC Micro version.

Shit bait mate, even I could have come up with better.

Buy it if you're going to use it. £45 isn't enough to worry about.

It's more of an emergency investment. Still haven't sold a single unit i've purchased, and any time i've come into rough times i've found other ways to make my money. It's more of a way to make myself not feel guilty about buying this stuff.

Hey it's the truth. The 5150 and up are still fun to use, because they are more capable, and can run a ton of DOS games.

The 5100, on the other hand is just a fancy programmable calculator. Even the HP-85 is more advanced.

>make myself not feel guilty about buying this stuff
>instead of the enjoyment of it
it's getting worse

When you buy as much of this shit as i do, you'd understand.

It's an addiction that can't be stopped.

And with every addiction comes a form of guilt control.

Get off your fucking high horse if you think you're so great.

i have one of those pictured

Anybody else here Britbong? Where do you discover your best finds? My local "Goodwills" or charity shops are pretty much dead granny clothing and bric-a-brac, the nearest car boot sale is miles away and dominated within minutes of opening by aggressive Polish who walk out with massive bin bags of loot.

I don't really know where to pick up anything nice around here. I rely on things being listed near me on eBay I can pick up.

I know here in Canada i've never found anything much decent from our versions of "goodwill", which are Salvation Army and Value Village. Every now and then i can find some good Dos / 95 / 98 games from Value Village still complete in box for $3. Never found any systems or anything though, I'm pretty sure they chuck them.

Everything i find is from local ads on kijiji, our version of Craigslist. Not sure if Britbongs have anything similar.

sweet trash80 OP

burger here

haven't seen anything good at goodwill in years

youtube.com/watch?v=Hht-wG4qHRE

Yuropoor here, lots of local sites I get my shit from, gotten many XTs, ATs and clones, C64's, Amigas, Ataris, 68k and Power Macs, plus all kinds of peripherals, hardware and accelerators, usually for a few euros because people just want to get rid of it.

Aren't you dead?
>maybe another time travel

multiple universe theory

I love having retro computers around my office so I can spin around and re-experience the unique differences of those early attempts at figuring out how people were supposed to interact with technology.

>how people were supposed to interact with technology
apparently with horrible keyboards

what happens when you enter date >correctyear

>tfw you have a TS1000 complete in box that you got for free
>tfw the rf output circuit is on the fritz
I think it's a loose ground connection.

why not fix it?

I'm too stupid

other projects/work/college/family/etc

obiously

>Trinitron

>all tvs made by sony are trinitrons

Post /retro/stations!

needs moar wood paneling

also postin my retrocenter

>stargate
nice

moar, I like your stuff

ok then

dumping my /gentoo folder

and a never before seen overall shot

... and what it looked like 5 years ago

wow. actually not bad. I have zero snarks.

Glorious! Respect.

love the aesthetics

I miss my TS 1000. Got it back around '82 or so, had it until '89. In 1987 I used it as a science fair project where I wired up a ti99-4A keyboard I got from Radio Shack, gave it a nice metal case, 16K upgrade, and tried my best to make a crude OS and burned it to a new EPROM.

kek

VECTREX!!!??? I HATE you!!! I have no idea what happened to mine. I think my mother gave it away to some kid in my neighborhood. Had a bunch of games for it too.

Real cool user!
Keep it up!

thanks

good night /retro/

good night boingball

Just missed out on this thing, a Panasonic Travelvision. It's a 1.5" TV/radio combo, always wanted one because they're so tiny but they seem weirdly rare. They even come with a little magnifying lens so the screen appears bigger. Ah well, next time.

lol all these plebs

>bunch of x86 shit
>not even anything special
pleb

pre x86 even more useless