What switches are yall rocking?

what switches are yall rocking?
just switched from blues to reds and i fucking love it

reds

Solus™ switches

organic membrane like a true patrician.

Buckling spring Unicomp.

Romer-G

Honestly, I like mx black. Blue is nice, too.

blues at work reds at home

quads confirm

white fuhua/fukka

Mechanical keyboards are a fucking meme, "ooh look at my my keyboard is louder!" Doesnt even offer anything but more durability and loudness for over $100 dollars more what a waste

>tfw you have a Model F

I have the loudest keyboard in this whole thread, faggot. I could literally beat you over the head with it and then type another 50 million keystrokes on it.

>$100
>for a used old ass keyboard that costs 5 bucks on ebay

Looks like you got memed by shills, kiddo.

Blacks

I like chiclet membrane keyboards so I got one from a Dell system. I tried a few kinds of switches and I'm partial to clears, might get a CODE keyboard with them.

low quality bait

noppoo choc mini on blues & corsair k65 with obligatory reds

bucking spring all the way

typing all day it's a lot nicer

gaming it's a lot better because the actuation point is half way down or even 1 quarter way depending on type of switch

makes it faster to press and possible to flutter

there are clear advantages outside of feels

Browns because I'm shit.

Scissor swiches.
I don't like any of the Cherry MX switches because they feel cheap as fuck, that plastic on metal like feeling is the worst.
Topres feel pretty damn amazing but $250 is a bit much for a keyboard.
I want to try one of IBM's model M or F type keyboards.

Loli keyboard, Zealio.

Browns for everyday. I won a ten-keyless set of blues, so I keep that around when I have to write up papers and such.

anything surface or plate mounted is fine

fuck yeah

buckling springs

some very expensive rubber domes made from pure nippon steel

depressed 1000 times for ultra rubberiness

ruber domes with an intel processor for speed

>2016
>not having embraced chiclet

do you have an opinion on romer g vs topre?
Topre

78g zealios
makes browns feel like reds

I also switched from blues (which I used for 4 and a half years) to red a couple months ago, I don't regret it. Blues were definitely nice for typing but they were just too damn loud, and I strongly prefer reds for games, particularly WASD movement which feels far better.

I did have my blues o-ringed for the last few months, I honestly don't remember what the difference felt like enough to know if I should do it again. Slightly lower travel distance I guess, and no clack but that's about it. Don't think I can be bothered.

thanks for the kek Kevin

was using blacks on my keycool84 and switched it for reds on a tex yoda. Took a few days but I got used and I am enjoying the change.
I have a poker2 with browns at my office, feels mushier I think it's the switch I like the least.

never really tried them. but they do look really cheaply made yet they cost a lot.

maybe if i find one for less than $200 i'll get it

Using cherry reds. They're a little typoey but I wouldn't really look for anything else.

Tried a friend's Topre board the other day If I wanted something a tad quieter, that's probably the route I'd go.

Gateron Brows with Elitekeyboards grey soft landing pads.

What do the soft landing pads do?

Reduce the travel. It's a pillow for people who bottom out.

nature white

>organic membrane
>organic

They are free range too right?

Mx clear on my pok3r
Mx red on my Cherry MX board 3

>50 million
everyone point and laugh at this poorfag

standard razer switches are 80mil, far more durable than your cherry garbage

best keyboard ever made uses rubber dome technology.

Kekvin

Cherry brown master race

I've had my Filco Majestouch in MX Blue since 2010. I don't know when it'll give up but when it does I wanna try out those CUTE 60% keyboards since space is a premium here in Japan.

I use Reds via a Roccat Ryos MkFX.

It's clicky as fuck.

I have reds, grays, browns, and blues. Blue is master race no questions.

buckling springs

blacks, for like 5 years or something like that now

sometimes I feel like trying out browns or reds, but my keyboard just works and I am too fuckin greedy to buy a new one. I like the feeling of those blacks though, just havent tried any other switches long term yet
pic related

what else could we invent

mechanical gamer monitorarms for $200 a piece? you want?

Or what about gaming cables in different colors? Actually a neat idea, huh? An orange cable to the screen, a red one to the keyboard, a yellow one to the power cord...
$50 a piece. You want?

fucking this!

I tired a mechanical keyboard for $120 and not only was it loud, it also double pressed some keys because MX Blue actuation point is in the middle somewhere and is really flaky.

went back to rubber dome $20 keyboards ever since.

>game on rubber dome keyboard
>really nice and doesn't disrupt your gameplay
>buy mechanical keyboard with MX Blue switches
>get headache after 5 minutes of gaming because the loudness, even if i'm using a closed headset
>finger fatigue after 10 minutes
>can't use computer after 10PM because my family will wake up if I write something
>loudness of the keyboard leaks into my skype conversations so my friends will complain

fuck mechanical keyboards, i'm staying with rubber dome thank you very much

LOL YOUR SUCH A NOOB XDDD

you should "rock" the suicide switch, buddy.

but only if you sell if over massdrop and add a $50 shipping fee

Corsair K70 with cherry blues
I can't stand browns/blacks, reds are tolerable.

Hahaha, you're fucking retarded.

i read that the blacks are like heavier reds which i think would be nice for me, but i just got a board with reds. wish i could shell out another 100 for another board lol

Clear

Razer Green.

That's why I live in the basement. Can't hear shit upstairs.

I paid $50 for a pic related with mx greens. they're pretty good for typing.

reds are shit.

forgot pic lol

Faggot ass mama's boy over here.

Topre

nice looking board
however reds are superior you fucking faggot

Reds fucking suck, there's no tactile feedback. I honestly like the relatively lighter actuation force, but the fact that they're totally linear just kills it for me. I think its funny how they're marketed as a "gaming" switch since "gamers" are the only people dumb enough to fall for that particular meme.

its all preference, in your case that is what browns are for

Romer-G feels somewhere in-between Topre and Cherry MX. It's hard to describe in exact words, so the best thing you can do is to go to your local Microcenter and either try out the display unit or open up an unsealed box(there tends to be a couple boxes without seals) and try it out to compare.

Just got this today to replace my shitty ass logitech G710. It really is the most horrible looking mechanical keyboard to have been designed, don't know why I purchased it.

Brown key master race.

clean looks

Das honestly still over prices the shit out of their boards. Media controls are nice, the keyboard has a nice weight to it but not really $170 dollaroos.

>mfw I used a 20% off education discount code in conjunction with their black Friday sale listing it at 149.99

yeee

does it have rgb?

>rgb's
>backlit keyboards
Do you really need to look at your keyboard to type?

for $170 dollars it should have lighting..
thats all im tryin to say

I really don't understand why people are always raving about mechanical switches while what's really important when it comes to keyboards is for them to be both split and ortholinear. Deciding what switches to use should only come after having found the right keyboard form factor.

(you)

If only there were mechanical switches that weren't noisy...

Can you reccommend me a good mechanical keyboard for 100 euros or similar? Ive been investigating on my own but id like some advise from Sup Forums

ITT: People who think Cherry Blues are the only switch, when keys such as Clears and Blacks exist as well as totally different brands such as Zealios.

Reds on my gaymen pc, blues on my work pc

his switches are 30 years old though

>not using Greens

pssh, fucking 12 year olds

>Camo keyboards
Are you fucking serious?

salmon alps

In case he is hiding and trying to type out a message. Mechanical keyboards are loud as fuck so every little thing helps.

Why should a peripheral you don't look at while using light up?