Why did Microsoft make is so difficult to boot from a USB at startup on Windows 10...

Why did Microsoft make is so difficult to boot from a USB at startup on Windows 10? Even Apple made it easier to use Linux. On a Mac, just plug in the USB, restart the computer holding a key.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V7z6rV9jLuI
pcworld.com/article/2900536/windows-10s-secure-boot-requirement-could-make-installing-linux-a-big-headache.html
twitter.com/wikileaks/status/629145393524277248
ibtimes.co.uk/spy-agency-whistle-blower-posted-top-secret-report-Sup
techspot.com/news/61680-australian-whistleblower-leaks-top-secret-report-Sup
youtube.com/watch?v=B_obeR1OIm8
fortune.com/2015/12/08/donald-trump-bill-gates-internet/
edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/01/23/donald-trump-iowa-rally-shooting-sot.cnn
youtube.com/watch?v=zzSvzTTBALg
people.com/celebrity/omarosa-says-donald-trumps-critics-will-have-to-bow-down-to-president-trump/
msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-aide-critics-will-bow-down-president-trump
youtube.com/watch?v=f1JYDmo19to
youtube.com/watch?v=WC5HyAeb2tM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

On Windows it is even easier, just plug in the USB drive and boot the system.

Microsoft doesn't write the BIOS for every conputer.

>Apple made it easier to use Linux
and this is how we know you are a clueless retard. Apple made it worse on each OSX release to actually boot anything other than OSX or bootcamp and made it fucking cumbersome to dual boot shit.

I just explained how to do it you retard.

>On a Mac, just plug in the USB, restart the computer holding a key.

You're the clueless one, you arrogant dumbass.

Because Microsoft has no control over your bios you retard.

Doesn't work. I think there's some settings in the BIOS I need to change although I've tried a lot so far. I'm missing a step.

>Microsoft doesn't write the BIOS for every conputer.

yet

i just play jazz piano solos on the F keys to find the BIOS on PC's, works everytime

>can't figure out how to boot from eufi
>blame everyone else

Mactoddlers everyone.

This has got to be bait right? For fucks sake.. Turn secure boot off and smash f10 and f12

>I don't know how to boot from USB on Windows 10, yet
And you didn't know how to boot from a USB on a Mac until I just told you, you fucking hypocrite. I win.

>t. mactoddler

I did that. Didn't work. There's some limitations or something with Windows 10. They made it more difficult for some reason.

Newer lenovo laptops reversed the f keys so you have to hold the fn key to get g keys (they default to lowering brightness and system shit like that)

I actually kind of got used to this change

>t.windowstoddler

best is when the bios requires you hold a key while pressing the power button or else refuses to show itself

>ms follows standard eufi boot method
>linux follows standard eufi boot method
>apple uses proprietary locked down EFI shit and purposely hides how to boot into their EFI and even then places restrictions on how you interact with it
>"b-b-b-but MS SUX!!!!111"

>t. mactoddler

>Newer lenovo laptops reversed the f keys so you have to hold the fn key to get g keys (they default to lowering brightness and system shit like that)
OP here. This might be the answer I needed. Thanks.

>
What's the actual command go get in your bios, Google it.

Check if secure boot is turned on

should be fn + f2 to get into bios
you'll hear a beeeep and you can change the boot order and turn off the fn for f keys if you want

Retards like you always think so highly of yourselves so you come to threads like this to """troll""". Yet you're too dumb to realize you have served me, you have done my bidding. You kept the thread bumping to the top for me to get my answer. And all you've done is allow me to reveal you as a hypocrite here: ...and a fail troll every other post such is this one I'm replying to. Now, I'm done with you.

youtube.com/watch?v=V7z6rV9jLuI

You are a retard.

>t. mactoddler

F9

>Because Microsoft has no control over your bios you retard.
Sure they fucking do, they dictate standards to bios manufacturers all the time.

>i just play jazz piano solos on the F keys to find the BIOS on PC's, works everytime
I used to hold F2 and switch to F8 or F1 if that didn't work.

But I'm going to do it your way next time and pretend I'm a cool jazz pianist.

>
>>Because Microsoft has no control over your bios you retard.
>Sure they fucking do, they dictate standards to bios manufacturers all the time.
>

No. No they don't. Please source this claim.

"Security".

Holy shit you're retarded.

pcworld.com/article/2900536/windows-10s-secure-boot-requirement-could-make-installing-linux-a-big-headache.html

GOD TIER, ANYTHING ELSE IS OBJECTIVELY WRONG:

F1 - BIOS
F8 - Windows Startup Options
F9 - Recovery
F12 - Boot Menu

>mactoddler literally too fucking retarded to figure out how to turn off secureboot

Color me surprised.

This is bait.

>mactoddler thinks the secureboot specifications are bait

This is why no one takes tehnology illiterate mactoddler morons seriously.

Boot Windows, hold shift, click restart.
Pick advanced troubleshooting, click boot from cd or device.

Thread over. Go away.

Doesn't work. Incorrect. Go away.

You sound like a Trumpcuck too. Same method of argumentation, nothing but ad hominem with no actual problem solving, only emotions.

Anger: the poster.

A lot of you would be terrible at customer service, that's why you don't have jobs.

Did you make sure that the os was bootable on your usb flash drive? (Rufus or any other program that converts it for you?)

I used Unetbootin with an iso, ntfs, fat32 formats so far, tried all manners of settings in the BIOS. I'll eventually figure it out, it just is more difficult because they wanted Windows 10 to be this way. It's the reason Windows added bash. They don't want to make it easier to install Linux, they just want you to feel like there's some Linux-like features. On the other hand, Mac is just easier with Linux because it's based on Unix. I'm having this problem because I'm fed up with Apple and sold all my Macs. I've never had this problem installing Linux with Windows before around the time XP was new. It's Windows 10 that's different.

>t. mactoddler

>reddit

Yeah, 10 is pretty fucky at times. Have you tried any other version of windows or do you only want 10? I can't really imagine why it wouldn't allow you to proceded unless there might be something wrong with the image or perhaps your flash drive has an issue but it doesn't seem like the latter since your pc recognizes it.

>t.newfag

So now I've exposed you as a hypocrite and a newfag.
See:

>boot from a USB at startup on Windows 10
>on Windows 10

how the fuck do you expect to use linux if you don't even know the basics of how a computer works?

>t. mactoddler

You said that already. It wasn't relevant the first three times you said it.

>t. mactoddler

Mighty fine bait

Your mom.

Anyone, understand the implications of why I'm posting this?

twitter.com/wikileaks/status/629145393524277248

ibtimes.co.uk/spy-agency-whistle-blower-posted-top-secret-report-Sup Forums-users-called-it-fake-gay-1514330

techspot.com/news/61680-australian-whistleblower-leaks-top-secret-report-Sup Forums-users.html

You people are like anti-anti-anti-intellectuals.

Sup Forums is dead.
>Sup Forums is dead.

The whole thread is bait brosef

See:

>t. mactoddler

>Anti-intellectualism: the post

youtube.com/watch?v=B_obeR1OIm8

that makes no sense

Your post shows me you've never booted from a USB using a Windows 10 pc. Because rather than post how to do it, you posted this, which shows you're never booted from a USB using a Windows 10 pc.

You go to bios and set the fucking boot priority to usb dumbfuck

run by poo in loo what did you expect

Did that, tried all the USB options, as weird as they are listed: USB CD, Generic USB, all that shit I tried it.

Windows 10 even makes it difficult to nuke the whole system, as if they don't want you to mess around with it, almost as if..as if Windows users are...toddlers.

it's not a windows pc until windows starts booting, which if it begins to do, you've already failed to boot from usb

windows plays no part in the process of booting from usb, hence your op makes no sense

Do you have a pic of what the BIOS screen looks like? On a newer Thinkpad, with Windows 10, I'd love to see a pic of that BIOS screen, show me.

This is a bery nice thread

Roll or your motherboard die in her sleep

tonight

Have you turned off fast boot?

Yes.

rollin

sounds like you need a fucking mac because you are fucking retarded

>Turn off Fast Startup
>Turn off SecureBoot
>Stick the USB in
>Press the power button
>HOLY SHIT IT'S LINUX
If you can't even do this, you aren't ready for Linux.

>t. mactoddler

OP has either
1) incorrectly written his disk image to USB in which case it would not boot on any computer anyway.

2) become so brain dead he can't find the one key to press for his laptops manufacturer to either set the boot order or select a boot device

3) is trying to boot from a USB 3 port that doesn't have the necessary drivers at boot

I boot to live images vua USB almost daily on my Windows 10 computer. This thread is retarded.

inb4 he just copied the ISO directly to the USB stick and didn't make a bootable image

>why did microsoft make it so difficult

What are you talking about? If you plug a USB with a bootable OS or partition into a windows based PC, UEFI will default boot from the USB as soon as it passes POST.

What kind of poorfag mobo can't boot from USB 3.0? Never had this problem.
If anything I find that the main problem with booting from USB is that the actual USB drive has to be FAT32 GPT formatted for UEFI and SecureBoot to even register that it exists.

It's b8 thread.
Sup Forums is hilariously easy to troll

Almost all of HP's higher end business class laptops from several years ago can't boot from USB 3 ports.

>hurt durr I'm retarded fooled them.jpg

OP here. It's not a bait thread. It was a legitimate problem for me since I haven't used Windows in close to 10 years. I had all the settings in the BIOS correct so ultimately the origin was the USB after checking it on another computer.

The problem was Unetbootin, so I took that advice ITT of using Rufus and that worked to make a bootable USB.
>no I didn't just copy the files to the USB, I burned the iso to it

So, it's not a Windows error, but a Unetbootin one, it has some problems sometimes. So I don't fault Microsoft totally on this, but I do blame Microsoft partially for what's coming...

fortune.com/2015/12/08/donald-trump-bill-gates-internet/

/thread

edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/01/23/donald-trump-iowa-rally-shooting-sot.cnn

>Trump bragging about how cucked his voters are

>Eufi
Pls off yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=zzSvzTTBALg

people.com/celebrity/omarosa-says-donald-trumps-critics-will-have-to-bow-down-to-president-trump/

msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-aide-critics-will-bow-down-president-trump

youtube.com/watch?v=f1JYDmo19to

youtube.com/watch?v=WC5HyAeb2tM

>government shills on Sup Forums

Also UEFI is a pain in the ass. On my 3 year old HP Laptop the UEFI is hardcoded to use their OS-loader. To dualboot Win10 and Linux i had to trick the HP Bootloader to load grub. Also I cant change the hardware clock from shitty localtime to UT

>change boot order
>move USB to be the first entry
>done

You bitch

Im trying to put the official WIN 10 on a usb drive using their tool. But it cant seem to find my usb drive that i have connected. I tried formating it to NTFS and 8GB and it didnt work. Is there anything i did wrong or what?

Regardless of anything else, UEFI's "secure boot" and the fact that you have to go in through a Windows control panel to change fucking *BIOS* settings is nothing but pure unmitigated garbage. This is inarguable. It's like having to go into your attic to ring the doorbell.