Why should anyone get any other car?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/science-environment-38170794
snopes.com/lithium-mine-oil-sands/
youtube.com/watch?v=7JHzkdfR9tw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Why should anyone get any other car?
>anyone
Anyone, that includes me, as an eastern yuropoor, will hardly see an actual advantage over any shitty cheap diesel

>costs significantly more than regular diesel shitboxes
>literally would have to drive one for hundreds of years to actually notice any economical advantage over any diesel shitbox

I prefer that all the computers running in my car to respect my freedom. I pay a premium price to source older cars and parts in order to have a car that respects my freedom.

because a used and cheaper model makes more financial sense?

>inb4 you're a warrior fighting global memeing

kys fagot

I will enjoy my ability to drive without the need to rely on ISIS-fuel

>believe global warming is a meme

kys idiot

Auto engineer, Tesla have very poor build quality. Model X Door handles are extremely misaligned for instance.

Diesel in charge of not getting banned in 9 years

bbc.com/news/science-environment-38170794

No, heating in electric cars is big meme.
Killing battery range in winter.

>>costs significantly more than regular diesel shitboxes
Not in norway... Unless you buy a used tesla because a used tesla costs twice as much as a new one (because of the long waiting list)

Tesla cars is pretty much one of the cheapest cars you can buy new here.

>because a used and cheaper model makes more financial sense?
It does not.
Tesla cars have free recharges, you can drive in the bus/taxi lane and you pay way less in insurance and taxes for it. It is also cheap as most used cars.

>2017
>Getting a car

>natural CO2 recycling in killing teh planet!
brainwashed plant-hating faggot detected

It has zero running emissions over its lifetime.

Checkmate.

Where's the part in my post I'm saying electric cars are not memes?

>hur duh detected
kys

Batteries can be recycled without the need to mine for new ones.

if that's true then
Oil = clean mine, polluted city
Battery = polluted mine, clean city

>pic of a copper mine
snopes.com/lithium-mine-oil-sands/

When I was a kid I used to lie in order to fill the emptiness inside my life and get attention.

But now that I have ascended from mere social lifeform to transcendent spatial nonphysical entity I am aware of the truth, the reason of the existence and everything.
But let me tell you, the lie was better.

I would say being too poor is a good reason.

That's my reason at least.

Oh come on, please do not project your Norway little world to the other countries. Currently it is not feasible to use Tesla and actually win from it unless there are shittons of taxes for using petrol car in your country.

>complains about lying on the Internet
>sources Snopes

because energy density of batteries is still really shit

who the fuck will want to drive something with a pascal chip on it and be afraid that it might catch fire

I know, right? Thank god regular fuel isn't flammable

>Currently it is not feasible to use Tesla and actually win from it unless there are shittons of taxes for using petrol car in your country.

Yes it is... there is a lot of taxes for cars in general. but charging Teslas are free many places, electric cars get special parking spots next to the handicap spots with free charging at malls and so on. And most companies also have that.

Sending it to a mechanic is cheaper and is done more rarely than petrol cars and so on and so forth

>not getting a Prius prime
youtube.com/watch?v=7JHzkdfR9tw

Who would you believe?

stopelonfromfailingagain.com

there are a lot of edgy posters in this thread
what is it about climate change that makes people so edgy

A Tesla model S broke the testing machine for roof strength.
pic related is real world result of high speed submarining of large truck.

Tesla is shit, destroying trucks on the road. It's like having a white rock in a snowball fight.

yeah, that was a stupid design decision. like they needed a gimmick to sell and electric SUV. Non adjustable, non folding rear seats is also another mistake of that car.

In my opinion they are making a mistake with the model 3, by not making the base model front wheel drive. driving a real wheel drive in northern climates sucks. Yes I know you can upgrade to 4 wheel drive.

I'll buy an electric car when toyota makes one.

Lithium batteries are recyclable.
Gasoline isn't.
The equal volume of gasoline compared to lithium in a Tesla would propel you for a few hundred miles.

you can drop a match into diesel and nothing will happen

because not everyone has a bullshit job earning millions of dollars on the back of others, mainly.

The pro of being able to open the rear doors in a very tight parking space is negated by the fact you can move your car out of the parking space by remote control.

>mfw idiots believe this in the U.S.
>mfw idiots don't realize they charge their car with coal fired plants because they are afraid of nuclear
>mfw idiots don't realize the amount of energy it takes to create those monstrous batteries
>mfw these are usually the same idiots who think wind and solar are good ideas

wake me up when we have better battery technology that more closely resembles the energy density of gasoline or diesel per unit weight.

the worst part about electric cars is Elon

dude is so annoying. he's replaced Jobs as the father figure for "smart but lazy" normies the world over.

>Why should anyone get any other car?
Because I don't want that car?
Because I want to go off road?

Is buy one because they are made locally, know people that work there, cars are pretty nice, never driven in one, I like old cars.... aka Japanese death traps.

The oil industry is the cause of the greatest transfer of wealth in the history of mankind.
More than tea, furs, spices, silk, opium etc.

We actually just opened a new nuclear plant in the US. It's like the first new one we have had in a while but it will help give us more clean energy.

Only problem is earthquakes are becoming strangely more common and there could be a possibilty the entire country could turn into Chernobyl.

>tfw you have the option to change the world
>tfw you have to conform your audience into believing you first

so what other choice do you have user? have changed the world today for everyone?

>implying coal is the only source of electrons.
>wind is already generating more electricity than nukes in North America.

>Only problem is earthquakes are becoming strangely more common

Source?

I live in the US.

Nuclear was a mistake and you're and idiot if you think it's clean.

>change the world
LOL

elon fanboys actually believe this

Because they are still expensive

coal is a majority here in the U.S.

wind is not sustainable. the generators are eye sores, it screws with migrating bird populations, and again, with no storage capacity, when there's no wind there's no power.

not that poster, but I live in Kansas. from my own personal experience, earthquakes have been felt here for the past year and a half. never had felt them the previous 20-some years I've lived here. Oklahoma is getting fucked up with earthquakes near 5 on the richter scale. thanks fracking.

t. Jill stein

>Source?
They have none, there's nothing abnormal going on, people just don't realize that the west coast isn't the only seismically active area.

>don't realize the amount of energy it takes to create those monstrous batteries
As opposed to refining and carting around gasoline?

>expensive
>battery degrades over time
>the hardware is obsolete the time you buy it
>market value is MUCH lower than MSRP
>muh connected always botnet
>muh hipster silicon valley endorsement

No one mines for lithium, retard.

At least Elon is actually doing important shit instead of making lousy phones. I agree that worshipping him is retarded, but he is making g electric cars desirable, affordable, and a valid replacement to fuel based cars. Not to mention SpaceX is the first half decent private-space company.

I can't afford / justify a $60,000-$100,000 car

this. buying new is worthless. just buy a good $3k shitbox on craigslist that suits your needs for a few years.

>affordable
source? tesla doesnt have a single affordable car yet. and they are competing with no one.

>doing important shit
yes thats good. but he's still just a guy trying speed up the adoption of the inevitable. not a savior figure.

>"""recycled"""
You mean, dumped down on a coast somewere in West Africa like they did it for last 30 years?

>yes thats good. but he's still just a guy trying speed up the adoption of the inevitable. not a savior figure.

But that's a good thing

>wanting a car that can be hacked by the powers that be to kill you

>kys
Reddit detected. Go back to your montage parody's.

Hi, Ivan

How's the propaganda campaign going? Do you get paid per shill post or every Republican cock you suck?

Sure. Although you won't hear it from Elon Musk, lithium batteries, unlike nicads, are pretty much landfill safe.

>mfw idiots think gasoline doesn't have to be refined from oil and is directly pumped without harming the enviroment
>mfw idiots think gasoline is pumped directly under gas stations and doesn't have to be somehow transporter for thousands of miles
>mfw idiots think most electricity comes from coal power plants in 2016
>mfw these same idiots think renewables won't produce 90% of electricity demand in 5 years

You fairies enjoy your electric cars while I enjoy passing you on the highway.

It's like you don't even know what you are talking about.
10/10

Because this is still hugely expensive.

Don't get me wrong, they are nice cars, but really the people buying them would have bought some 7 series or Merc or Land Rover instead if Tesla wasn't around

The regular joe would have to own this car for 20+ years to break even with fuel savings.
Might as well buy some hybrid instead if that is your thing, or buy a V6/V8 if you want speed and save the rest of the money.

Yes transfer of wealth from billions to thousands

Modern nuclear power plants can withstand earthquakes of magnitude >8. The problem is that modern nuclear power plants cost 5 times more than the electricity they provide in 20 years, not including maintenance required.

>mfw gas is transported less than 200 miles on average
>mfw idiots don't realize pipelines service most major areas
>mfw idiots think renewables made from rare earth metals are renewable

Nukes kill birds in Alaska when radiactive debris from Japan washes up on the beach.

You're telling me you can't get a used car for

Why should I? I want a hydrogen truck.

Are you stupid? Just because these special priveledges are offered where you live, you can't just assume everyone on the planet has the same benefits. In burgerland none of those advantages exist

Tesla P100d is the fastest 1/4 mile car currently in production.

>selling something is now seen as a transfer of wealth

I'm not that poor, I just can't afford a $60,000 car without sacrificing other things I value more. My current car was around $30,000 when I bought it and I don't regret the purchase at all.

You can get used cars for

>mfw gas is transported less than 200 miles on average

not sure if stupid or trolling

and it can be used as an everyday driver and not break the bank on upkeep.

I guarantee you the upkeep cost on the other fastest cars is crazy expensive.

Unless you're a republican, then rich people paying taxes is transferring the wealth.

>tfw it's cheaper to charge Tesla from powersocket than own a combustion engine car in my oil-exporting country

>Because you have to buy petrol, pay taxes send it to the mechanic and that sort of thing.
yes because none of those things exist with electric cars..

why are electrotards so dumb

The only good thing about them is being rear engine rear wheel drive and being electric. If it use a gas engine it would be a pretty mediocre car.
An electric Cadillac muscle car with a Chevy badge would be great because caddie is great at making sporty chassis and with a Chevy badge you won't need a super isolated cabin.

>I guarantee you the upkeep cost on the other fastest cars is crazy expensive.
are you too poor to own a Ferrari ?
Did you have to settle for a Tesla ?
Is your only bragging right the 0-60 time ?

No radiator transmission muffler differential oil changes antifreeze (i could go on)

>

>0-60
lol.. and it tops out around 100.

you dont understand how torque works do you friendo

> But it will cost you more than a Tesla over time.

Yeah, over 20 years.. If you don't count having to pay 40k€ to replace Tesla's batteries every 7 years.

Emotors provide a flat torque curve beginning at 0 rpm.
I'm a licensed mechanic.
I think the Tesla that set the e-car 1/4 mile did it at 118mph or there abouts.
I stated the P100d is the fastest 1/4 production vehicle STILL in production.

But it can't survive a fall from a cliff. Pathetic.

>yes because none of those things exist with electric cars..

It does not, for example petrol... Why on earth would you buy petrol for an electric car? There is no place to put it.

>Giving a shit about top speed
If you just think about number you end up with a boring car that get beaten by muscle on track even if the American car use tech of the 60s and cheap plastics instead of carbon fiber.

lithium is a vanishingly small component of lithium ion batteries.

>giving a shit about 0-60
wow look i used the same argument against you

if you think a 5000lb tesla is fast on a track you're a delusional electrotard.

Good. You can never have too many ions.