Pixel

So, my mate just got a pixel, and I'm impressed.

I have always been a galaxy fan, and have been using the note 3 for a while now. Haven't had any issues what-so-ever, and only got a replacement when I wanted to install cyanogenmod without being out of a phone if I messed up.

Has anyone got it yet? What do you think? The xl doesn't have a stylus does it? The camera blows my note 3 out of the water, but that's not surprising. It looks sleek and I use Google apps a lot, like their calendar, cardboard, alo, duo, and of course gmail, and most of those come stock.

My mates phone didn't seem to have a fuck ton of bloatware, but she got it from the Google store. Anyway, is it worth going into debt for?

The only Android phones I've ever enjoyed were Nexus, and Pixel is taking those ideals to the high end. I love my Pixel XL, wouldn't use anything else at the moment.

You should really avoid the Galaxy phones, by the way, they're riddled with security vulnerabilities.

Good phone but don't wanna spill £800+ on a phone.

>those huge bezels
>that ugly rear

Seriously google? You couldn't come up with a better design than THAT?

If you want quality don't buy Google. I have Nexus 6 and is the worst fucking phone ever, buy OnePlus 3T

Literally what is wrong with the perfect Nexus 6

Using one right now

>2016 flagship is better than a 2013 flagship
Okay? What's your point?

That's an issue I have, I really prefer hardware buttons.

I'm looking for an upgrade. I haven't felt the need until this phone was released.

This thread seems like it was paid for by Google. The shilling going on in just 5 posts...

Well shill'd. Take your overpriced piece of shit and gtfo.

> (OP)
>Well shill'd. Take your overpriced piece of shit and gtfo.
This

And regarding if it's worth going into debt for?
Just Kys yourself man.

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro

It's not worth debt. Don't use money that you don't have... That is the reason WHY you are a poor faggot

I'm using one too. It's ugly as shit, chink tier quality and is slow as shit opening apps. I can't wait to replace it.

Is it a good phone?
Yes.
Is it worth going into debt for?
Learn to money

does noko still work?

S7 with vanilla up-to-date Android would be god tier.

>priced like an iPhone
>looks like an iPhone
>marketed like an iPhone
>no more updates in 23 months

Why don't you just buy the real deal and not lame imitators

I agree that the bezels are way too huge and there should be something there (preferably dual speakers like on the Nexus 6P) but I think the rear looks great, especially with that window. It's one of my favorite things about the phone's design, actually.

>It looks sleek and I use Google apps a lot, like their calendar, cardboard, alo, duo, and of course gmail, and most of those come stock.
t.GoogleCuck

>The only Android phones I've ever enjoyed were Nexus, and Pixel is taking those ideals to the high end. I love my Pixel XL, wouldn't use anything else at the moment.
t.GoogleCuck

I can smell the semen from the BBC they crave just reading them. It's a mix of old dried up semen and new. Putrid. Nauseating.

Reasonable criticisms.

Blatantly obvious and Painfully so.

Best response

I got mine a few days ago. It's missing features I'd like (front facing speakers, a useful bottom bezel, water resistance, OIS) but I think it's worth it for the sheer software experience. There's a reason reviewers keep saying "yeah it's missing this and that but damn if I don't love this phone". It's because it's so goddamn smooth. Would I like the features? Yeah. And I'll be happy to get them when the Pixel 2 comes out. (After all, it's confirmed that these missing features are due to the unusually short development cycle)

>Oneplus 3T
>By far the worst touch latency on a phone this year
>Pentile display

Yea Google essentially jumped the shark with the Nexus line. Last decent Nexus was the 4, Post Nexus 4 OnePlus took the crown hardware and community wise. Dev community is better on those devices and the hardware is just better for that entire price range. Anyone that was a fan of Nexus devices all around jumped ship to OnePlus and others. Moto phones sadly seem to have gotten worse too in the dev community. The roms are just horrible.

My problem with the pixel is that it is a no frills phone and they are asking $920 USD for the 128gb version. At that price range your budget might as well be infinite. It's not a good enough phone to completely dismiss other flagships and you begin to think what an infinite budget might buy you two, three months ahead in ces.

Why not just buy an iPhone?

But why

this tbqh

Smartphone design has become so safe and boring. I hope Xiaomi's Mi Mix shakes things up a bit and forces western companies to get a bit more creative.

>So, my mate just got a pixel, and I'm impressed.
it's overpriced garbage

I would get an ishit before I got the XL since they're the same price and I don't have to deal with Android shit dev standards

Android was good when the Nexus line was subsidized

They're delusional if they think their half baked OS and hardware is worth 769USD

Why not just Sudoku?

you get impressed easily OP. Try not to make a thread every time that happens.

>Yea Google essentially jumped the shark with the Nexus line.
what's the problem with the 6P?

because google is know to be tasteless shit

Interesting fact, those two phones cost the same exact amount in the US

Used Nexus for a long time and now that it's gone I'm not paying 769USD for a PixelXL

I know Android well for what it's is and I know that that combination of hardware and software isn't worth that much

I'm seriously considering an ishit just because its stock functionality and app quality is more stable and it has a longer support cycle.

The days of good middle priced Android is over

>Verizon only

Why would Google only put their phone on a shitty network?

Because Verizon cucks pay $120 monthly and the pixel is the most expensive phone yet.

>>Verizon only

It isn't Verizon only. Verizon is the only carrier you can buy it from but you can buy it directly from Google and use it on any network.

Actually HTC designed it

Yeah, giant bezels are retarded, the UI experience is really not different from Nexus devices, the camera is actually amazing though, and all in all it's a solid device with carrier subsidies, but otherwise it's a solid middle of the road device with a high road price tag.

Theres a google store now? Jesus christ why is everyone trying to copy every aspect of apple?
It just makes these companies look like they're desperate and just reinforces the general misconception that apple is superior and these copycats are just making cheap knockoffs.
And when apple inevitably starts to lose the interest of the general consumer, all these shitty marketing trends are just going to look worse and worse over time.
We oficially live in a time where tech companies are more concerned with having the snazziest commercials and logos than the actual progression and development of technology.

Would rather use a Moto Z Play

Rajeet, nobody is interested in this overpriced phone with bezels and chin straight from 2009 phones.
Also
>build by google
>only 2 years of official updates
LMAO

I hope this too.
If pic related is gonna be real, It will be my next phone.

Kys poorfag

>Huawei confirmed Google wanted them to make the new phone, but Huawei declined

>2nd choice HTC jumps and create this monstrosity

Kek, you cannot make this up.

Google rejected huawei over a logo

A FUCKING LOGO

>we could've had a 6p with pixel internals

>buys iPhone ripoff for same price as iPhone

I hope a domestic brand copies this phone in a smaller form factor. I love muh one hand phones and i dont trust chinese batteries. Ive seen first hand how dangerous lithium cells can be and im frankly terrified of them.

Go bitch about shit you can't afford on LamborghiniFourms.com something ffs

All batteries are chinese. They overheat mistly due to shitty charging circuitry.

that phone is 5.5inch and have no bezels so it the same size as a normal 5inch phone.
>i dont trust chinese batteries
well bad for you because all batteries are made in china/south east asia

Tires are all made in china even the nip brands if I recall correctly. I think cooper is the only one in USA that makes some but mostly tractor tires are all that's made here.

I'm posting from a pixel right now. It's great. I got mine for $240 (agreed to two year Verizon contract) and I love it. Super snappy, no lag whatsoever. Great camera and battery life. Battery can charge from 0-100% in around an hour. All around great phone.

The back panel could have been done better but I do think it looks better in person. Not bad looking at all.

>I'm impressed
>I have always been a galaxy fan,

I like the pixel too but why would anyone trust you?

>The days of good middle priced Android is over
>what is the moto g? what is the oneplus3?

Samsung and LG actually make some of their phones completely in Korea. With obvious things like Chinese parts of course.

I'm not sure about that charging time since my Zenfone 2 charges just as fast as does my Moto X Pure and cheap 50 dollar ZTE Zmax 2's.

If you dig it though good for you.

>I got mine for $240 (agreed to two year Verizon contract)
my family is renewing our contract and I'm getting the pixel for $2.50 a month

garbage that will be forgotten about in two months

The moto g is at the mercy of motoshit for updates and they release a new one every week
so there can't be a stable dev community

The oneplus is the closest continuation of the Nexus while still being relatively obscure and managed by an incompetent company

Verizon must be hurting. Used market for Verizon phones is rock bottom. They generally go for 50-100 dollars less (sometimes more) than any other carrier or unlocked phone.

>The oneplus is the closest continuation of the Nexus while still being relatively obscure and managed by an incompetent company
They are the continuation of the Nexus since the OPO. They are at least not as incompetent as Google...yet.

>The moto g is at the mercy of motoshit for updates and they release a new one every week
>so there can't be a stable dev community
Meant to add my disdain for Moto lines nowadays. Agree with you there. Moto X Pure has shit roms and community. The rest of the newer lines don't look healthy at all either.

These are the same people that recommends obscure Chinese phones

I'm tired of looking for the best flavor of curry roms
I have no intention of doing this for a phone that is meant for someone without any technical knowledge because any small fuckup means they're lost
I'm tired of getting shit support on a device that is barely 2 years old (mainstream app development on Android is a disaster)
I'm tired of the subpar development standards

I've put up with Android for years because I used to consume media a lot more on mobile and wanted file access, webdav, rooted additions etc

Honestly, if I move to the ishit the thing I would miss the most is hostfile adblocking and app specific adblocks. I've lost my enthusiasm for Android as I need a working phone and don't want to be bothered with hardware updates for as long as possible

>The moto g is at the mercy of motoshit for updates and they release a new one every week
they also support their phones for like 3 fucking years

I think most people fall into your exact sentiment.

I suppose it's true. You go from muh root, ricing, I can do everything on my phone. to I just want muh corporat video conferencing, call quality, emails and pdfs without any problems.

This is what it's like to lose your soul, /gee/

>Huawei build quality

and meanwhile, at HTC

the 6p did not feel comfortable in the hand. I'm glad I upgraded from that piece of shit.