How to write an Android app in C++ ?

How to write an Android app in C++ ?

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.android.com/studio/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BTW, why isn't there an app dev general like there's for web dev? Isn't app developing a faster growing industry now?

Visual Studio

Qt

No

(not OP) It's a pain to get the android kit set up and working, really.
I actually gave up on the last attempt.
Is there maybe some step-by-step how-to? The official Qt documentation is not helping very much.

Isn't there a sudo apt-get install [installs all the shit] for it ?

Just don't. Everyone, even the developers of the NDK recommend against it.

That's what non mentally challenged people call a package.

>playing a smartass anonymously
So is there a package that installs all the shit for Qt Android development?

Write the gui using java and then reference the C code into it.

Or use SDL or Qt.

Can it even be done with Python? Wouldn't be nearly as efficient as C++, no?

I forgot the little Java I knew, don't have the time to relearn now for one or two apps I want to write.

There are several packages in AUR (SDK, NDK, Qt5-android) and more, but nothing worked for me just like that. Also there are catches like you can't just take the latest NDK, but one specific version and apply some Qt patch, which you can find somewhere on their website.
I got it working once, but can't seem to do it again.

The possibility to simply compile one application for desktop or for android with just using different toolchain is amazing, tbqh

Qt spent so much time advertising it being MULTIPLATFORM you'd think it was all available with one click.

Yeah, this was kind of a disappointment. But maybe I'm doing something wrong. Also once you get it set up, it seems to work fine.

Damn, I finally got it working again on Manjaro. Thanks Sup Forums for reminding me!
Maybe I could write a blog post or something about setting up Qt for Android, if anybody was interested?

>Download Android Studio
>New Project
>C/C++ Project
>Select Template
>Select Target Devices

done

>>Download Android Studio
This? developer.android.com/studio/index.html

Yes