He fell for the Antivirus meme

>he fell for the Antivirus meme
>he hasn't turned off Windows Defender which impacts performance
>in fact he even bought a third party botnet AntiVirus because he fell for the meme

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_malware
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have turned off defender

There's really no point for an antivirus when I only go to like 6 different sites and I use an appropriately locked down browser

>antivirus

>Still using windows

>muh loonix can't get viruses meme

You stupid fuckers on this board really rustle my jimmies sometimes

Turning off basic AV protection is like removing the radio from your ferrari so it can go slightly faster, it's fucking stupid and you're fucking stupid, holy fuck will you stop being stupid already?

Sage this aids

The most extreme Ferraris don't even come with a radio.

2/10 bait
Windows Defender just slows shit down when you want to launch some .exe (like, installer or simple software), it'll take ages before this piece of shit will stop eating your CPU for nothing.

I didn't know radios get in the way of the acceleration or whatever.

I think a better analogy would be removing an inner facing dash cam from your vehicle

One that continuously sends it's footage back to its manufacturer for security.

Is this more secure than not having one? Sure, if you drive into shitty areas and get your car stolen you can see the face of the person who stole your car.

But when you are driving your own car, do you really want the manufacturer of the dash cam to be watching you every time you drive? Looking at all the stuff in your car?

Sure, if you just drive to the grocery store and back you have nothing to be afraid of whatsoever. The camera is there to help you. But at the same time... Would you buy this system?

A better solution is to use a car which criminals do not know how to steal or to not go to shitty areas.

>Autism
Just use a shitty tablet then

>app

Maybe you should upgrade from that shitty Pentium 4 box then you asshole, literally nobody else suffers from that shit, and yes ofcourse it's going to scan some executable before executing it you fucking stupid shithead that's the whole motherfucking point

It adds 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001 weight, so technically it affects. I know in practice nobody would notice it, but some people are fucking retarded.

I'm assuming here your PC doesn't have some old shitty CPU from 1998

>not removing Windows Defender from the installation image using WinToolkit

>Muh linux
can only government agencies zero day viruses
because I used VPN for work
not badly implemented malvertisement Locky™ viruses for micro$oft "customers".

Funny how you had to bring up the "spying" aspect when otherwise this thread has been about performance.

>look at me guys, I removed the seat belts in my car
>only stupid people get in car crashes!
>that would never happen to me, because mommy told me I'm her special little soldier

is this troll or??
because is swear the little glass orb on my 16 honda civic is a camera, i had no idea what other application it could provide besides maybe being the external thermostat (as my car displays the temperature outside on the dash)

Try harder next time, AV shill

Seatbelts dont slow you down, yeah when you're in an accident yes, but its a wrong metaphor.

Neither does an antivirus. Why do you expect software to work perfectly with a decade old hardware?

microsoft antivirus is the worst antivirus solution on this planet

I personally have got nothing against AV software, I just think I dont need it.

I love those no antivirus memeboys that later pay me to fix their comps, when they don't just "reformat" every other week because their system is infested with every piece of malware in existence.

>when they don't just "reformat" every other week because their system is infested with every piece of malware in existence
i know right :^)

> He doesn't use host level protection
> He doesn't use Common Sense™ 2017

One of the first things to do after a fresh install.

>he doesn't use the holy trinity of windows settings

>> He doesn't use Common Sense™ 2017
Common Sense™ is vaporware.

>the holy trinity of windows settings
>enabled UAC
pleb

(You)

>completely disabling windows update

behold the guy who later complains how shitty windows is

>better hardware excuses shitty software

GTFO retard

I love the antivirus fucksticks that constantly pay me to fix their comps despite "protection"

retard

whatever im using norton it came with my pc

>paranoid dad buys Kaspersky security package
>allows for multiple installations on multiple devices
>lets me use it for free
>doesn't slow down system in the slightest
>mfw

You sound like my mentally deficient friend that uses Norton because his parents keep buying it, and he'd feel bad if he didn't use it.

You are not interesting forKGB.
Yet.

> he doesn't have top-tier reaction cartoons.

said the weeaboo

>he fell for the "anti virus reduces performance" meme

sitting her at 0% with windows defender and several programs open in addition to my web browser.

I only use Windows for gaming but I feel reasonably safe using Chrome + ScriptBlock + uBlock Origin when I look for anything. Being smart about when you give javascript access can prevent 90% of bullshit.

How can you have 24 cores?

my mom lets me

10% cancer is also pretty bad.

Dual Xeons

>This thing literally doesn't make anything worse
>it does make it worse
>Well maybe you should get a better computer then

Fuck you.

>he didn't use Norton
>he thinks his password will protect him
>he fell for the CommonSense meme
>he don't use Linux

>he doesn't remove MRT.exe

Why disable defender if you are going to leave other rogue executables there that do the same thing?

>what is an exaggeration?
Whatever man. Forgot to mention plugins are blocked by default on Chrome too. What else is there to worry about?

>he don't use Linux
Some people want software compatibility, their hardware to work flawlessly and not having to dwell into a terminal for hours

crazy right

Rocking Ubuntu gnome here on a x220. Your milage will obviously vary a shit ton depending on your hardware but I've had no issues with anything thankfully.

>tfw when falling for the thinkmeme was worth it

You should run a virus scan every once in a while even if you use Linux just so you are not passing on malware to someone else

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

> he fell for the "purchase antivirus" meme
> he didn't turn off windows firewall too
> in fact he didn't even torrent a third party botnet antivirus
> because he fell for the memes

>literally cannot feel the difference (performance-wise) with it disabled

upgrade your shitboxes.

>windows

I paid $30 a year for BitDefender; never had any issues and I torrented tons of different shit constantly.

I personally have not used anti-virus is 4 years. Did a scan about a week ago using 2 different a/v softwares. Nothing here.

Windows 7 with updates disabled since windows 10 BS.

>My college network machines dont use antivirus, UAC disabled and admin user.

Can someone post the pic on how to disable most botnet services on Windows 10?

Link me some common linux viruses then user

What's with your obsession with using windows 10? You know it's filled to the brim with botnet shit, why do you even want to use it?

You don't need an image, download the LTSB version of win10 then turn the telemetry value to 0 in gpedit. Block (known) windows telemetry IPs in DNS. But you are delusional if you believe you can completely turn off Microsoft spying on you when you are in their house user

You guys absolutely crack me up at times, not installing updates or enabling the standard firewall is just a cherry on top of the tidus desktop cake.

As a network security analyst your boxes are a fever dream to me.

Windows 10 has a bunch of bullshit that needs to be disabled but disabling basic functions to help stop getting your shell popped is asinine.

Even a basic script kiddie with armitage or MSF could pop you.

If you want to stay secure get a firewall in place(PFsense is easy to setup), proxy or offsite vpn or both and use common sense.

Never said I can completely block it

you're the cancer that has killed Sup Forums. Please post better quality threads in future.

Having a router/modem that refuses external requests makes that irrelevant

>As a network security analyst
Also irrelevant

Are "antivirus programs" literally botnet these days? What is the probability that they scan your drives just to find out what's there, then send directory listings (and maybe hashes or even whole files if not too big) home via an encrypted link?

Ya. I remember never paying for antivirus.

Great times.

> network security analyst
> not shilling ssh tunneling

Weird.

>PFsense
kek

Yeah, until some script kiddie's bot doesn't fuck your shit up

I don't use antivirus because it's a Jewish scam and people think highly of themselves. Acting like some super hackers are after your anime collection you NEET.

With that said, I used to have Windows Defender on just because it was always there, but it started spamming me so I turned it off.

YOUR COMPUTER MIGHT BE VULNERABLE PLEASE SCAN.... Scans.... NO ISSUES FOUND... 15 minutes later... YOUR COMPUTER MIGHT BE AT RISK... Fuck them.

I use FBWF, it wipes anything unwanted away after a reboot.

>default windows comes with defender on
>file scans of take up huge disk resource if you're using HDD

AV is not just slow, it's dangerous. They have bugs and are exploitable like any other software.. except they give you system level access.

Just google how many RCEs have popped up for every popular AV software.
The funniest one was the sandbox escape bug on.. AVG I think? It basically allowed every email attachment to infect you even if you didn't know you received, because the AV executed it while scanning it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_malware
And every other android malware(it uses the linux kernel, dont be pedantic) shows if desktop linux got popular, it'd be just as infected as everything else.

>he fell for the man-in-the-middle meme
>he fell for the JavaScript meme

>Turning off basic AV protection is like removing the radio from your ferrari so it can go slightly faster
Radios in Ferraris are an optional extra, if it is even an option.

>getting a virus
>2016

How is this even possible?

>malicious websites
>malicious email/attachments
>warez from untrusted sources
>usb sticks from random people connecting to your machine
>your usb sticks connecting to random people's machines

And probably more. If you feel that some of the above somehow do not apply (anymore), then please kindly elaborate on that.

>literally and unironically using XP in the current year

Really? It barely slows down my laptop. And that garbage is a pentium processor with its default 5200rpm hdd

Well I just depend on FBWF, adblock and frequent reboots. Wiping to a known safe state would be better than any antivirus

>what is deepfreeze