Apparently fucked up... do i need to fix it?

So I built my rig a few months back now, and am just realizing my 212EVO is installed in a different orientation than everyone else.

I have my CPU O.C.'d at 4.2GHz and it's been maintaining a good temp so I think I'm okay leaving it as is amr?

Which way is the fan pointing? Is it blowing air down or up?

it's blowing air up and the fan at the top of my case is blowing air up and out...

i think i am good... and my logic when building it was the air flow would go up and out but i just dont see any other build that way.

i like it

as long as its making good contact i dont see a problem
desu it might actually be better

>it's blowing air up
That's fine, if it was blowing air down then I would suggest rotating it but blowing up is ok.

Might get a little bit hotter with the GPU expelling heat directly below it but nothing to worry about.

>but i just dont see any other build that way.

Pretty much every case comes with a back exhaust fan installed but not every case has a top exhaust fan or even an opening for one. You might run into clearance issues with RAM sticks if you mount a bigger tower cooler horizontally.

actually it appears from the arrow i have it blowing in. The logo is on the opposite side i am used to for the fan direction.

Well in that case it could well be hurting temperatures when under load. Can you take the fan off and mount it on the underside without having to remove the cooler from the CPU?

That's exactly how mine is, same cooler. I just can't block the top vent otherwise it screams for mercy

just ran a passmark test CPU never got above 40 C and GPU never got abover 42C. i run an open system and my apartment is def on the cooler side, that seems suspiciously cool though.. is something wrong here or am i just doing it super right?

I was going to give advice but then I noticed you were running Windows 10, so you get nothing.

Those temps look good, try an intensive game and see if the temperatures rise higher. But if not then I'd just leave it as is.

intensive game? you do notice i have a 750Ti right? not much of a gamer. got the card brand new for next to nothing.

Well you know something that will really stress out the card in different ways.

well, I ran passmark 8.0 the first time then found out they had 9.0 so i ran that... temps a little higher but still lower than what i hear even for skylake.

Alright pretty good then, no need to change anything in your setup.

What temperature is your room?

i keep it cold and it's winter with not great heat retention in the walls and shit. ranges from 60-68F

>ranges from 60-68F
iktf, my house is very old and the heating struggles to keep up in the winter. I woke up and my room was 14c(57f) the other week.

yah it gets down there sometimes for sure. right now it says 62 and id say thats about average the last month or more

thinly veiled fishing for compliments, fuck off

I can't wait to get my own place (parents house), I hear new builds hold onto their heat better than the houses of yesteryear.

jealous cause his amd runs at 90C

ok, so you have it on the "wrong" way, you have two fans fighting eachother with opposite airflow directions, i suggest either flipping the fan on the cooler, or just rotating it the "right" way

the reason coolers are usually mounted that way is so it can draw air from the front of the case, where you could have an intake fan, but the air in the front is also cooler, and then expel that air out the back via the exhaust fan mount

Then its fucking wrong. Theres nothing pushing air through the fins.

Put the fan on the other side blowing up, but its still fucking wrong because it'll be taking hot air from the graphics card. Which is kind of what is happening right now.

Just flip the entire thing so its like everyone elses, theres a reason nobody mounts it like you. Heatsink hipster cunt, KYS.

except that my temps are lower than people with the same rig. Heatsink nazi douche.

You don't even know how to install your heatsink properly so with that in mind you've probably fucked up taking the temp as well. Or your comparisons are BS.

tl;dr you're a fucking idiot, go buy a mac

>never got above 40C on a stress test
>with that puny cooler
>running that voltage

Only a custom loop would get you those temps. I'm calling bs.

why so bitter?