>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

idressgood.com/product-tag/lolita-mechanical-keyboard-choc-104s/
deskthority.net/wiki/Keycap_material#Yellowing
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=17&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=55&switch=63&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=5&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1781
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for topre rubber dome memes

Speaking of oneness with cup rubber, the topre 87U with PBT spacebars is on massdrop right now for $200. I'm tempted to get the uniform 55g version if only to use it to eventually harvest the switches and put it into this thing.

Unless there's a chink torpe clone that's 55g or something.

Reposting
Is there anywhere I can get this version of the lolita?
Aliexpress only has the floating key design

>chink torpe clone that's 55g
there are those korean ones, but they cost almost as much as real topres

>thick apple homosexual pcb mounted number pad

idressgood.com/product-tag/lolita-mechanical-keyboard-choc-104s/

Thanks but the link doesnt work, it takes me to aliexpress 404

Looks like the perfect keyboard, except Topre.

Might just end up making a dactyl soon. Have no fucking clue how to program it though.

Well it has the same number of keys as the ergodox, so you could just slap a teensy in the case and program it the same way you would an ergodox.

Dactyl is missing a collum I think.

Plus the latest version uses two micro pris instead of a teensy.

Just bought a Corsair K70 Lux RGB with brown keys.

How did I do?

>browns
Bad.

YOU DUN FUCKED UP

Brown switches. kek

Could you go into just a little detail as to why?

I know two friends with K70's. One is a moderately serious gamer, and the other one is very, very high level, competes in leagues, has sponsors, etc. They both love it.

Brown switches are really popular right now.

Meme'ing aside.. what gives?

Memes.

It's cool to hate on browns.
Enthusiasts don't like Corsair boards because non-standard bottom row so replacing keycaps is a more expensive and difficult process that is unsuited to new people.

>k70
bad
>browns
good

Browns become quite unpleasant to type on due to lack of response.
Clears are light years better if you're looking for that kind of switch.

The terminus two actually uses all single keys besides the two spaces like the others.

>objective opinion

Browns are a good medium for typing and gaming. Period.

Blue's are the best for typing, but are loud.

Red's are objectively best for gaming, but don't have tactile feedback, which can cause mistypes.

Clears are awesome for typing, but require a little more force than most switches.

Just go with what you like to desu.

>all those opinions stated as objective facts

there is no such thing as a typing or gaming switch user. For example in Asia blues are marketed as the best gaming switch and most of their e-sports players use gaming keyboards with blues like the g89-1865

I never said that it was objective. That's just the general [spoiler]overwhelming[/spoiler] consensus.

We'll just agree to disagree that the majority of people think browns are unpleasant to type on.

And holy FUCK my K70 just developed the loudest FUCKING squeak on the space bar. It's literally two days old.

GOD

FUCKING

DAMN

IT

that's the scratchiness of MX switches for ya

good night /mkg/

Would you recommend lubing the bar up with lithium based grease with a q-tip? It's so loud it's driving me mad. And to have just spent $130 on this. Fuck me.

didn't see new thread

Depends. If its made of ABS then yes. If its made from PBT/POM then no.

some general info:
deskthority.net/wiki/Keycap_material#Yellowing

let me clarify: if its made from ABS then it will yellow over time, if its made from PBT and acetyl then it will stay looking white forever

its says on the website the keycaps are ABS but nothing about the rest of the keyboard

what keyboard?

Ducky one tkl rgb

Ducky uses a coating on their keyboards, so as long as you don't melt it off then you should be fine

okay, thanks

Why is ASD row padded 0.25 compared to QWE row when every other row is 0.5?

Because staggering is a relic from the days when typewriters needed to provide clearance for the arms to pop up and hit the paper.

There are keyboards with uniform staggering, like I believe the Filco Minila has 1.25u tab, 1.5u caps lock and 1.75u left shift so each row has a .25u offset from the one above it

I was wrong, it's 1.5u tab, 1.75u caps lock and 2u left shift. All the alpha rows have .25u difference but the numeric row is still .5u off from qwer

Perfection follows precision

thats lame as fuck dude you gotta know, im not even playing that was just fucking awful

Alright, let me try that again

"Being a sleepy keyboard follows being a tired keyboard"

Hey
I just got a new K65. I've had a K60 for maybe 4 years now. Both red switches.
The old K60 has noticeably easier keystroke on all keys.
Is this normal? Breaking in a keyboard should make the keypress feel easier (less force)?

cute keyboard bb

lots of people have reported having similar experiences

hold me mkg
i made the mistake of reading the discussion section of the drop
the worst are the smug comments of the shitpeddler himself

>No mounting plate
>No stabilisers either
>Not enough keys to be a functional numpad
>99 bucks

first for triggering numpad cucks

>cuck
Totally not a ipad baby, kiddo.

u already mad lol

>got a 4 year old QPAD MK50, it still works fine but it's getting unappealing to look at due to over-use
>around $150 budget
>no gimmicks are needed, like lights, displays, macro buttons, etc
>dislike blue switches because noisy, used redd only since; are browns good?
Suggestions?

Have a pic of my cat in return.

>are browns good?
why does everyone keep asking this Jesus Christ

NO

brown are shit and the color is a hint

PBT yellows really badly.

>PBT yellows really badly.

the hhkb case is abs right?
because mine has almost a year and the case is yellowing already but the keys are still white.

pic related, SOON

Probably abs. PBT may last longer but it yellows just as bad,

>Clears are awesome for typing, but require a little more force than most switches.

So, what if I want light tactile switches? My reds are already kinda stiff, compared to rubberdomes so I'm not even sure... (they're kailh, though)

>My reds are already kinda stiff
do you even lift

I guess I'm not used to the travel distance. Rubber domes were maybe stiffer, but required much less t bottom out/actuate. Will o-rings help (already ordered some to try out)?

>My reds are already kinda stiff

You're pressing them too far. They actuate long before they bottom out and the spring force goes up as it compresses.

Compare with a rubber dome, which has a stiffer force before it collapses, but then falls right to the bottom with next to zero resistance.

Tactile switches will allow you to know when you've reached the actuation point and can let go of the key.

I want to pet this cat

>PBT may last longer but it yellows just as bad

Considering the PBT keys on my AEK are still pearly white after 28 years compared to the piss yellow ABS spacebar, "may last longer" is one hell of a fucking understatement.

Go on ebay and look for any old keyboard with PBT keys. You will find many that are yellowed.

I've seen plenty and not a single one of them is even a fraction as yellow as pretty much anything made out of ABS of similar age.

How new do you have to be to never have seen a model m with discolored keys?

stop spreading FUD

pbt never yellows unless you forget it 10 years in the Nevada desert

It is a neat little macro pad.

But the price is a fucking joke.

Even worse are people referring to ot as a work of art or an investment. Absolutely insane.

Ye, anyone with some basic stuff laying around and a 3D printer can make something equivalent in function and nearly equivalent in design (save for the aluminum case).

Is Ajazz ak33 chinkboard good?

Not enough model ms or fs. Allow me to make up for that

>mfw waiting for my keyboard in the mail

it says coming tomorrow!

keycaps might be another deal. Have you managed to make good, solid, 3D printed key caps?

Does this have 1000hz polling rate? Thinking about ordering this for a gaymer.

Not really, though I haven't experimented a whole lot yet.

It works fine for everything but the stem. In my three attempts so far, I haven't managed to make a stem that fit properly and was also tight.

is there a reason some of these keyboards or so loud when typing? What causes that?

You literally cannot press a key fast enough for 1000hz polling to matter.

A friend of mine is also having issues. The tolerance is still a huge problem. I see some people do it on youtube, though.

I've heard that separating the engine from the needle(?) might help reduce vibration and fuckups, but I don't know.

Response time tho.

git gud

I think it's be easier to print a mold, possibly using a keycap for the part of the mold that includes the stem. You cast shit like that and still make nice molds quite easily.

Not sure what you mean with seperating the engine from the needle

>Not sure what you mean with seperating the engine from the needle

On cheaper printers the part through which the plastic is fed is mounted right on the beak that "prints". This adds weight and noise due to the engine and the fan. You can just adapt it to receive the plastic feed through a hose, the engine would be mounted someplace else.

Ah, I see what you mean.

My printer dies indeed have a fan mounted there, but the feeding mechanism is separated from the extruder.

I'd be willing to try using a mold, but from my little research I've read that you may need a vacuum chamber... It's getting too expensive for me.

A vacuum chamber? From what I could tell looking at guides on geekwhack, you can buy all the stuff you need for making molds for less than 30 bucks.

The vacuum chamber was needed to avoid air bubbles, I think. I shall research harder then, thanks

The actuating mechanism is th reason

Bump

Ducky One is finally restocking. I suggest you preorder before everything runs out again.
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=17&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on

Not sure if I want to make the jump to mechanical yet, but given the price point and what I have now is very different.

>Budget
$100-200
>Location (continent at least)
Florida,USA
>Preferred switch type
Red I believe
>Layout
ANSI preferred
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
Not important,I do like it sometimes at night for a little light
>Previous/current keyboards
Logitech G15 (Lasted me a nice long few years)

get any white keyboard then buy some Miami keycaps

you can get some cheap keyboards like kaihua for like 60 bucks, or you can get some nicer ones like Ducky

mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=55&switch=63&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off

mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=1&switch=5&size=&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off

The Ducky looks nice but the better looking ones aren't out until Mid January.

Unfortunately part of my space key onmy G15 brokeso I'm looking at a faster fix.

Would you recommend the Kuiha over just getting another G15 and then the Ducky in January?

KBP has an all black keyboard if that's the style you want
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1781

Now the ducky keyboard has a steel plate to hold the switches together, nkro, and some programmable macros and layers. If you don't really care about all that then get the Kaihua, or if you want those features then get a g15 and pre-order the keyboard you want because they sell out pretty fast. I got my Ducky when there were just two left, and that was the week after they arrived.

Tempted to get this, now that it actually has enough keys to not be over-reliant on Fn layers like the 42 key atreus.

> 1u shift
> 1u control
> enter in the middle
the more I stare at it, the worse it gets

Those keys are 1.5u on the ergodox, which is what I'm used to. So I don't think I'd be bothered by them being 1u keys.

>ergodox, which is what I'm used to
oh I see you already have a gaping asshole.

never mind, carry on then

Those keys don't need to be 1.75u and larger user. It's a waste of space.

y so mad, is only keyboard

Why are the 61% keyboards so expensive(+100$)?

I lost control over my life

Boutique. Small market, often manufactured in limited qualities. On reddit there is a community of people who buy/sell/trade used keyboards. Definitely worth checking out if you are attempting to be somewhat frugal (as frugal as one can be when spending that kind of money on keyboards...)