How long would it take an average programmer to install Gentoo if they had never done it before?

How long would it take an average programmer to install Gentoo if they had never done it before?
pic unrelated but cute

From a stage 3 and including compile time on a good machine I'd say around 5 hours

They wouldn't need extra time to learn the process and troubleshoot problems along the way?

Are you sure she's a REAL shaman?

Maybe... But the forums and wiki are quite good nowadays and most problems are solved within minute if you're not completely shit at googling

oh i cannot into gentoo therefore im a bad programmer.

Depends on how fast their computer is.

Not counting compiling time unless it is wasted time.

I've done multiple gentoo installations on a 2.4ghz celeron from 2003.

You don't need to program anything.

>Not counting compiling time unless it is wasted time.
thats all gentoo is friend

thats all life is friend

>provides no answer at all to OPs question

great job!

Ok. But I wonder about where the the average programmer's capabilities fall when it comes to doing so-called "tech expert" stuff like installing Gentoo Linux

>following step by step instructions on a handbook to install gentoo is considered being a tech expert

wow dude do you have a blog?

did you use a mouse, or just pure keyboard?

monitor???

As long as it takes to read the wikiz

I'm not a "programmer", and I can get Gentoo to a working GUI (no Genkernel too) within ~4 hours (on an i3 U model).

You can get 4-5 hours on even a decent machine made in 2007. The installgentoo wiki greatly exaggerates how long it takes to install gentoo.

But how can I Google while my computer is compiling?

If you have enough ram, you can have a terminal and the browser working at the same time.

Why the fuck people think Gentoo is just for programmers? That is just retarded.

However long they would need to compile/download stuff plus 15 minutes typing the commands from the guide.

>tfw I think this is a waste of time
>tfw I spend up to 10 hours a day on Sup Forums and YouTube regardless

Iktf my brother

Would they understand everything in the wiki without having to go to google to look up terms?