How Sup Forums?

>I just can't keep dust and dirt outta my pc...

Well.

Do pic related with oil and you can not damage anything . I think destiled water could work too but do not take my word for it.

Ever heard of compressed air?

Yeah pure water doesn't conduct electricity so you'd be good.

well
this isnt really deadly
stupid, but not deadly
if you dry it out completely, it should be fine

>Ever heard of compressed air?
Yeah, but the air full of crap floating around where other fans can suck it in doesn't impress me.

>I think destiled water could work too but do not take my word for it.
De-ionosed water is the thing. That's what IBM used in its 3090 CPUs.

So many retards in this thread. Unless you're trying to give bad advice.

Distilled/de-ionised water doesn't conduct electricity but as soon as it comes in contact with something that contains ions, like dust...BANG!

Use ethanol.

>Use ethanol.

>not cleaning your pc with gasoline
Look at them and laugh

I had a brand new PSU blow after a month and the only one I had that had the wattage had been sitting in my truck bed for months through rain and sun. I took the case off, drowned it in 91% isopropyl and let it dry. It worked just fine. I eventually gave it to a friend and as far as I know it's still going strong years later.

I've washed my GPU and motherboard several times, no problems at all.

No, the minerals in the water settle out and short the really fine circuits

Well, the problem is that the dirty stuff on the Mobo will contaminate the distilled water making it conductive again. These conductive deposits may do damage on unreachable places.

Buy an electric blower from home depot.

that's why you dust it with compressed air outside

Just make sure the pressure inside your case is greater than outside, wow, no dust

The only way you do that is by forcing air from outside the case into it...which is going to blow dust into it

>Dust filters
>Invest in decent electric duster

Makes it super easy to dust things out quickly.

get a new case that has dust filters

>buy $20 generic OEM case without dust filters or positive static pressure
>ruin hardware by washing it instead, so they end up having to buy more hardware
poorfags are truly a meme. They're the only reason they're poor

>not installing dedicated air tanks

Used the air compressor in my garage for over 10 years on multiple builds to clean them, had no problems whatsoever.

Dust filters.
I recently bought a decent computer case instead of some shitty cheap case and it has a lot of air flow including filters on the intake fans. The dust inside the case is almost nonexistent, after 4 months of not cleaning up there was just a minimal amount of hardly visible dust in a few spots that I cleaned up. That and just on the dust filters but all I had to do was slide them out, clean up, and slide them in again.

Keep the dust.
I had dust in my pc for like 4 years and it worked fine.
Then i cleaned it and now it doesn't boot anymore.
It's a lesson for everyone, if it works, don't fix it.

Take your PC outside and leaf blower that shit, that's what I've been doing for over a decade.

/thread

>removing critical system dust

I hope you backed up the dust on your drives though.

use the cone setting

dust cleaning is a meme.
there isn't another single electronic that you own that you have to open up to clean the dust off its insides, and they all work fine.

There aren't many other electronics that have fans blowing floor-level air through them.
Your TV may be a dust-trap but there are no fans and it's well above the floor.

good point. we should remove all the fans from pcs. nothing but trouble.

>there isn't another single electronic that you own that you have to open up to clean the dust off its insides, and they all work fine.

So you just buy a new one when your vaccum cleaner is full?

my vacuum cleaner is never full.

>dryer sheets as filters on all ventilation holes on PC
>98% dust free
>computer smells like fresh linens

SHIGGY DIGGY DOO

>Not having filters built in PC
>Blocking airflow
>stay pleb