Hey, you!

Hey, you!
Yes, you.
You can help keep Sup Forums up and running longer just by changing your posting habits.

This is a friendly reminder to compress all of your images so that hiro doesn't go bankrupt.

Was it really worth it?

But I don't know how to do that :(

why doesn't someone implement compression in Sup Forums-x so when you post an image it will try to loselessly compress it

I don't know. Was it?

What are you doing! Compress that imagine immediately!

Have it so every image posted on Sup Forums conforms to a 640x480 screen and is 16 colors.

If you see a CIA nigger, run them over. they glow in the dark.

Is this close enough?

(yes, it is bigger than 640x480, however)

no, i won't.

Terry is a pretty cool dude, a wise man indeed.

i hope hiro likes horse wallpapers

Every decent image format is losslessly compressed by default. You could only make images smaller using lossy compression.

>get rid of banners
>get rid of useless shit like the news that shows up at Tue top of every thread
>clean up the website's code
Done

Stop it, you fools! You are destroying this site!!!

i pay for the fucking website.
i shouldn't have to block ads, because i pay for the website.
i shouldn't have to use low filesize limits, because i pay for the website.

there is no problem sustaining Sup Forums, hiro just wants to make it profitable

>paying for Sup Forums

Top kek
also check em'

gpu threads are destroying this site

I believe a lot of png files can be optimized more

Screenfetch/desktop/Speccy threads are destroying the site you Sup Forumsutistic anime fuck

thanks you too

this

>Speccy threads are destroying the site
yes

>desktop threads are destroying the site
no

>Screenfetch threads are destroying the site
maybe

I am fine getting rid of speccy and screenfetch threads if we bring back desktop threads

For every image Sup Forums makes smaller by a few KBs all other boards upload 100x 2MB pngs

Its like trying to stop global warming by wasting less in the west whilst china just cancells it out.

fuck Hiro

Kek

Is there any program I can use to set a target file size for images?

B/W pics are classy

png already uses zlib compression on the image data, and can use a pallet. Not a ton more you can do except use that thing with the extra byte at the beginning of each scanline without sacrificing quality

max image size: 1kb
allowed image formats: gif

Do it Hiro. DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

What happened to the webp autist?

I had a terrible thought when lying in bed yesterday, what if Hiroshima runs away with the Sup Forums code base after he's done with us?

Would he try to make a Sup Forums clone? Sell the code? Throw it out into the open so Sup Forums be exploited? Would lots of genuine Sup Forums clones pop up?

>ban >1MB png-s from video game boards
>tech illiterate kids cannot post their dumbass screenshots in Untitled.png mspaint crap
>bw problem solved

or, even better, we could just ban underage majority boards altogether

or even better-er you have to email Sup Forums with a photo id proving you're over 18 and your IP address, then your IP gets added to a whitelist and the photo ID email gets encrypted 10 times then overwritten with 0s then deleted

I don't have the confidence to post pictures

You can do it :)
I believe in you!

greedy gook

>954 B

;^)