Post yfw realtek finally updated their fucking audio drivers

post yfw realtek finally updated their fucking audio drivers

oh shit they did?
finally

>yfw realtek finally upgraded their servers so downloading their reference drivers doesn't take a day and a half

post link pls

Those (un)official drivers in the mean time from softpedia were legit right? They said they improved the quality...

Do they still have that "Andrea Electronics" or whatever ad plstered on them? I still use R275.

www realtek com tw/downloads/

Does Realtek have the worst tech support ever?
I remember their web-page being abyssmal.

The fuck, this is almost double the sze.

botnet confirmed

Yeah, I guess I'll skip it. R275 works just fine.

Their website looks from before 2010

RIP good web ;__;

why would i use the realtek driver over my motherboard manufacturer's driver?

> he didn't even look at version number

it tells you right before that page that the realtek drivers might not have or support customizations a motherboard manufacturer put in place.

what is the benefit of updating a fucking audio driver, anyway?

Manufacturer's driver had high latency issues for me.

are you an audiodumb?

Not at all, but it created usage problems. Latency was so high that every sound was delayed (for instance the sound you hear in Explorer when you open a folder) by about 1/5 sec.

Wait what? I thought they updated drivers almost weekly but never seem to change anything

Just tried it, literally nothing changed from R275 , yet twice the size. Bloatware. Rolled back.

That being said, Windows' default driver is pretty neat. Best bass booster ever.

Their web page is actually one of the possibly last places on the commercial web which didn't go haywire with some "muh flat design, muh 5mb of js per page" nonsense. It still has much content in little space as it was custom before 2010 or so. The only culprit is that the site always had been excruciatingly slow.

All websites should go back to looking that way. Enough flat and empty garbage filled with gorribytes of pointless Javascript.

Amazing

Is it worth updating my 2008 driver for my P35(also from 2008) mobo now?

Would like to know as well