Curved Monitors

Have you guys tried Curved Monitors yet or is it just a fad? I mean I've been hearing great reviews from shills but I'm unsure if it's really justifiable to add extra for a little curve.

Recently piqued my interest since my local PC shop is selling a 27" Samsung Curve for $269, it's still 1080p but didn't really bother me much since I've got a 4K TV, but I'm not sure if a curve is more worth than getting new PC Parts.

curbed monitors are a meme that always looks awful

How so?

They're worthless shit for retards.

From what I've heard, they're great for watching videos and playing vidya. But, there supposedly terrible for creating content, because they screw up anything that's supposed to be straight.

You can just curve your existing monitor, you know. Just apply sufficient force for the monitor to bend but make sure to stop before it snaps in half.

>You can bend solid glass, trust me user
Yeah, no.

>Actually replying

>solid glass
Monitors don't have solid glass on them, fool.

This, it's not called a liquid crystal display for nothing.

If rather have no bezel first, tbqh

Just purchased Predator X34 a week ago. For Arma3 this screen is amazing. Feels a bit weird while working or coding but will get use to that soon. Selling out my 3 screen setup. Would recommend if you can afford it. Otherwise wait few years

Curved or go home.

Pic related, it's my setup (not yet complete).

Instructions unclear

This. I actually buy straight monitors and bend them using anons technique, and resell for 150-160% of the original value.

complete meme that makes a display more aesthetic as a piece or furniture than better at what it does.
it might make sense on a >40" display used as an actual monitor, but putting a slight bend in a 30-35" ultrashort is just silly.

It's a meme. They provide little to no improvement in image quality and it reduces your viewing angle. The only good part about them is that they are starting to become cheap as fuck.

It's got a pretty neat optical illusion that isn't really 3d but it acts on your brain like a vr headset's separate eye viewing makes parallax have this phenomenon. Really it just makes your head swim in a way.

Im looking to buy, can you elaborate on the wierdness while coding ?

Waiting for the X34P, like the user said please elaborate and tell us if it was difficult to get used to coming from a three display setup. I have three 27" right now.

I like the curved TVs. Specifically the LG OLED, but I'm not sure about a monitor. Reading text might be a bit weird on it.

Curved swords are no joke

I bought the samsung galaxy phone with the curved edge

it's just a gimmick

but damn I think it's cool

they're great for entertainment/gaming/movies and can really add a layer of immersion.
For artists and those who want to do actual work on their machines it's a step back

It really depends on what you're looking for in a monitor

Implying glass isn't a high viscosity liquid

no its a disappointment really i learned it in a hardway

Triple screen setup>curved memenitors

90% of the time you have this weird black border in fullscreen games, movies, etc

black border is to be expected for video, but any games that black bordered me on a 21:9 would be instantly and unrepentantly refunded.

I have a triple screen setup and frankly it's garbage. I have the flanking monitors turned off 99% of the time because not a single game uses them well, and it adds huge load to the GPU for no reason.

Thats the widescreen meme through

My monitor appears to have a softish material on it, defenately not glas. I also tried pushing on it and it definetely worked but it would just snap back.

Is there a guide to make straith monitors curved? I think it looks Sup Forums af!

you can put a metal brace on the rear and apply pressure to the brace, that will slowly, evenly and gently curve the monitor.

Sup Forums is full of retards, you know
bait is their favorite

this is pretty ugly
clean your monitor