/spg/ - Smartphone General: this is the phone I just bought so I'm shilling it edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
The ZUK Edge might be one of the cheapest Snapdragon 821-powered phones at $390
phonearena.com/news/The-ZUK-Edge-might-be-one-of-the-cheapest-Snapdragon-821-powered-phones-at-390_id88598

Moto X (2017) is allegedly shown in leaked hands-on images
gsmarena.com/moto_x_2017_is_allegedly_shown_in_leaked_handson_images-news-21974.php

OnePlus 3/3T owners complain of touchscreen latency issues
androidguys.com/2016/11/30/oneplus-33t-owners-complain-of-touchscreen-latency-issues/

Huawei announces update plans for Android Nougat and EMUI 5.0
phonearena.com/news/Huawei-announces-update-plans-for-Android-Nougat-and-EMUI-5.0_id88445

Xiaomi Mi 5c to be unveiled on December 6
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_5c_may_be_unveiled_in_china_on_december_6-news-21878.php

LeEco Releases Kernel Source Code For All Its Devices
opensource.le.com/

Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime review
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4_prime-review-1526.php

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EU6Tv-OfXk0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>nobody likes you edition

Moto X 2017 looks like shit and the Nextbit isn't that terrible if you get it on 160 bucks on amazon.

Anything better than the Mi5 at the same price range?

BlackBerry Passport masterrace reporting in

speak of the devil, look what just came in the mail
yeah got mine off Amazon for $170, wish I had gotten it during cyber monday for $135 though, that shit is crazy cheap

Recommend me some free games my Sup Forums bros

Zuk z2

Purchased for $100 ($150 with Activation, Tax, Etc.)
(Watch was a different purchase.)
Using this for the past few days, in love with the camera, screen, and overall feel of the phone.
A few niggles;
Size - Very Large even for my hands.
Fingerprint scanner - Doesnt work too well in the cold, and sometimes can forget my fingerprint

Get an OPX, pretty much the prettiest budget phone with great rom support.

>ordered zuk z2 pro yesterday
>shipped today
Can't wait

Well hello there

HELLO

What should I order if money is not an issue? Is Pixel a meme?

S7 edge

A pleasure to meet you

>no blackberry

Why even live?

>""""""hasselblad"""""
>on a phone

Dude, Hasselblad usually make $40.000 camera with sensor 5 times larger than this phone

>android
a good design ruined by a shit OS

I changed the broken screen of my Zenfone 2 Laser.
It was actually quite easy.
Do you repair your phone by yourself, Sup Forums?

i know it's bait but every time I look at that image I cringe. fucking burnt hands

1. Its a nice phone, but it relies on you having a really good data connection, since so much of the rom is built around offloading yor files to the cloud. If it had a microSD slot, and you could disable that, id have bought it on release. It also has NO internal metal frame... So its probably the most brittle phone ever sold... Non-issue to me since i baby my shit and keep it in a case, behind a tempered glass screen protector.

Side-Q. I just connected my PS3 controller to my phone to play PSP and PSX roms. Thing is, the sixaxis app fucked up the face buttons(Triangle thinks its circle, circle thinks its X, etc....) Is there a reason this happened? I mean i can re-map them in SOME of the programs(epsx does NOT seem to allow me to, since it recognizes it as a DualShock3, which has a firm profile, i guess) but i'm not sure why i shuold have to, since obviously the sixaxis app knows what the face button layout is... so why'd it fuck it up?(Everything else on it works fine, btw. And its a legit Sony PS3 controller. Not a chink-knockoff)

Yeah. You save so much money

No, i'm not poor.

>moto g4
>stock ROM
>FLAC works perfectly
>CM13
>FLAC works perfectly
>CM14
>FLAC doesn't work whatsoever
>literally doesn't play

Is this an issue with Nougat, CM14, or just the build of it that I can use on my phone?

nice, tell us what you think about it user. The original price was way too much, but still it seems a really good phone with decent internal storage if you are not into hauling around your whole 10Tb Hentai collection or taking hundreds of pictures a day. For less than 200 bucks looks a lot better than some other meme shit like the Moto G or some chinkphones.

Any good custom hardened kernels for a Nexus 6?

Should I get the xiaomi mi mix?

Someone tell me a surface phone will come out and it'll have at least Snapchat on it and I'll spend 1k tonight on it

It wont have snapchat. The CEO hates Windows Phone.

Surface phone is dead before arrival.

Are Moto G4's known for audio problems? The internal earpiece/speaker on my one-day-old G4 sounds distorted and buzzy but through headphones the sound is fine. I'm talking about calls, not music.

it's stupid expensive. Wait til the next smaller variant and if someone else release something similar.
If money is no problem go ahead.

Just bought a Nexus 5X to replace my broken Xperia Z3. How bad did I fuck up?

enjoy your house fire

Just saw a qt grill with a mint Robin

Couldn't believe my eyes

Well, at least it will be an up-to-date house fire I guess.

send it back, there shouldnt be any distortion at all

where are you getting cm13 and cm14 for the g4? I dont see it on xda

Based HTC is dropping Nougat for my M9, I'm F5ing every forum and comment section for an OTA link.

What OS is better in 2016?

>Manufactured by LG
>Battery even smaller than your manlet hands
enjoy your bootloop and mediocre battery life, at least there's a good ROM scene

How does it feel in terms of build quality? On paper it looks like a pretty nice phone for the price, but I'm nervous about the long-term durability of a phone made by some dudes on Kickstarter.

Why

>Housefire
>Bootloops
>piss poor battery

It's like a downgrade in every aspect from your z3

What is this? Leaked Moto Z?

Design actually doesn't look to bad, like a successor to the razr

nice, you can now get your moto mods and shove it up your ass.
I love how they have a good idea and don't even let one year go by and kill it with a new phone that isn't compatible.

Also waiting on Nougat/CM14 for my M9. I have the Verizon model so it might take a bit longer though. Due for an upgrade but I see no reason to waste money on a new phone right now.

My Z3 was a carrier-locked and bootloader-locked POS that was stuck on 5.0.2 and rapidly degrading in various ways before the digitizer finally bit it, forcing me to get something else. I wanted something cheap and unlocked, and the Nexus seemed like a good fit given that my usage is pretty light and I value a strong custom ROM scene. I also had to consider LTE band support since my carrier uses somewhat oddball ones, and the Nexus 5X supports damn near everything.

Just crossing my fingers I don't get a bootlooper.

hello I want to buy a new phone. Nothing too fancy, prefer stock ROMs. Are there any preferred cricket wireless phones? Like ZTE phones?
Is g4 a meme or is it worth it?

OP who just got his Robin here. First post from her right now, using the wonderful Clover app by Floens.

Impressions so far
>looks cool af
>not quite as snappy as my ded OnePlus One tbqh, but I did optimize the hell out of that phone anyways
>outstanding speakers, very very loud
>very good fingerprint reader
>notification light on the bottom of the phone is odd but surprisingly cool this way
>build quality feels good
>for the screen size, the phone is bigish, very tall
>screen is big enough to be good for two handed texting, but small enough to be one-handed unlike my old 1+1 (5.5" screen)

if anyone has questions I can try to answer them.

What's your price range?

what do you guys think of the lg g5

>bootloop
>shit dac
>meh battery life
only seen people complaining about it. don't know about updates.

Max 300

i am about to get one in the mail i heard lots of good things about the camera and swapablke battiers expandable sdcard and so on. Screen is nice too

What launcher do you guys use? I like smart launcher 3 because it's clean and simple

Nova or bust

how's battery life? does it heat up on heavy use?

I've only just started using it so I can't speak on battery life. Hell, I only just now fully charged it.

>Carrier cucked
Lol mine is running amazingly on the Nougat beta

>Good build quality
youtu.be/EU6Tv-OfXk0

Nexus 5X financed with Google Fi good lord I'm so happy to have multitasking and off of iOS bullshit.

I ordered a rn3p a few days ago to replace my moto g first gen. The moto has been a hell of a phone for the past few years but the accelerometer just stopped working and the battery is pretty terrible at this point, doesn't usually last a whole day. Great phone overall though.

this happens with the original controller. re map or buy a chink one. it will work as its supposed to with a chink one.

Yep, I'm still salty about it. I couldn't even flash an international stock ROM because my carrier blocks everything that isn't the original carrier-branded ROM for SIM-locked devices. Fuckers. I'd leave if the other carriers in my country weren't just as bad or worse.

Surface phone will be doa since it'll run windows. Nobody likes windows on a phone.

I have never seen this before on a phone, I came from a note 4 and a g2. Tell me why the v20 sucks again?

In a years time you'll consistently get 0 SoT

Muh bend tests.

I understand them in principle, but how in the fuck is that even remotely relevant to day to day durability and build quality lmao

Anyways, what I mean is, the device feels very solidly built and sturdy when held. It feels nice to hold.

Well what happens if you stick em in your hipster faggot skinny jeans back pocket (because the front ones won't fit) and sit down to have your Starbucks mocha latte XXL double sugar decaf?

What are some good apps you guys use that aren't mentioned often? Could be anything

Considering replacing my Moto G 3rd gen this holiday. It's too slow for me, especially when using my daily normie apps like Snapchat.

Been looking at the S7, Huawei's P9, LG G5 and the Nexus 6P so far. I'm looking for a phone that has a microSD slot, good screen and, most importantly, handles multitasking well.

The Huawei P9 looks nice. I've been using stock android for so long, so EMUI doesn't look all that bad with some of the functionality it comes with. Anyone have this phone?

I bought one for my mom recently and the build quality feels good. It's reasonably fast for a $170 phone, the display is a decent quality 1080p panel, and the fingerprint scanner is surprisingly fast and accurate.

>tfw my 1st gen Moto G still works perfectly with Android 7.1
>tfw could afford a """flagship""" phone but there's no reason for it

Thanks for shilling me the HTC 10. I'm not going to change the OS for a few weeks (want to wait if anything is wrong with the phone), what OS should I use until CM comes out?

What's the point of the dual cameras

Keep stock you retard. Custom ROMs ruin camera quality and give you all kinds of headaches.

>>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
when will this be updated

anyone got an s7 on nougat beta? how stable is it?

shoulda got the s7 for black friday, senpai. b&h had some nice sales and samsung was giving out free vr kits.

Leaked Moto Z? Moto Z is already out friend.

Sup Forums, Huawei nova plus or Honor 8??

Honor 8 100%

How good is the Xiaomi and which one should I get?

Thank you user, i'll go for it!

Both my English and Japanese versions of Love Live! School Idol Festival keep on crashing an I can't find out why. Wat do?

what's the best phone i can get on Sprint right now?
V20?

I was disappointed by all the flagships this year and will just wait until the next one. Surface phone could be interesting. Samsung will probably do something cool with the S8 since the Note 7 fiasco. Pixel might get water/dust resistance and a better design.

Not really interested in HTC or Sony due to pricing, LG due to QC, Apple because Apple or Motorola due to Lenovo and the "ecosystem".

I have the same problem with my Moto Z, when I call someone the dial tone will be very distorted and sound very buzzy, but once I get in the call it'll sound fine and music sounds fine too.

One lens has an RGB sensor while the other has a monochrome sensor. It's supposed to give a better image processing by combining the picture captured by both sensors/lenses into one.

What do you guys think of the Mi5C? I bought one from Gearbest for $725.

i think you're cute

When will the Redmi 4 be available to order from within the US?

Redmi Note 3 Pro or Redmi Note 4

not him but it heats up a fucking ton during regular use. probably unrelated but yesterday when I was using it it heated up much more than usual very quickly then rebooted by itself.

What phone should I get Sup Forums? I don't have a budget.

Xiaomi has good price / quality for $100-180 phones.

Everything but the camera is quite nice on the right models of the Redmi [Note] 3/4.

They also have phones where the camera too is good, just costs more.

Post that was wallpaper. Now.

What phone should I get Sup Forums?
Budget of 100-200$, carrier is Verizon.
I want a good camera, since my mom keeps requesting selfies. Size ain't all too important to me.

Just receive my rn3p to replace my nexus 5. I already unlock my bootloader officially and now trying to root. Why are there so much custom recovery to choose from? What do I use? I'm not interested in CM seeing as there is a problem with the camera and fingerprint, plus I kinda like the MIUI.

Mi5C

It is very good. SD821 with 4gb 64gb

What reason did you use?

Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look into them

For the unlock? I said i want to install custom root and use root-only apps. I have to wait 2 weeks for it though.