Looncucks (+ gnu [?]) office suites

I've been using Arch for about a year and a half and I'm ready to use it as my main OS on my laptop. What Office Suites for linux are good? What about compatibility with MS Word? Keep in mind I mostly use word processors for work and school.

libreoffice is the only one of note that manages to keep functionality. Openoffice used to be good but I believe
>Oracle
ruined everything

You should keep dual booting though, you never know

Office 2007 just works in ubuntu mate + playonlinux

don't expect perfect compatability with docx- Microsoft refuses to properly support open formats, and their own formats are specifically designed to be difficult to decode.

I use LaTeX, but it takes some time to get used to it.

Otherwise, look at PlayOnLinux, they have a Word Office build.

But they are flawlessly decoded by Libreoffice, so far.

Libreoffice is basically the only good one
The only other decent option might be kOffice but libreoffice is very good

>inb4 nonfree software under WINE
>inb4 botnet sugestion

I guess it depends what kind of features you need. I use LaTeX, even on windows next to a MS Office 2013 license from work.

The shit the fan when have tables in the .docx .

>Install Loonix
>No Office 365
>No Gaymes

Dropped

The shit hit the fan.

>no games
Meh.

>No office 365
Just use the web version.

WPS

>Install loonix
Best decision ever

>No office 365
I hope not, I use outlook and its a complete mess, especially on mobile

>No gaymes
I don't play games, son

Nah.. I am mostly working offline and no wifi available. I don't want a watered down and laggy version of office. I am being paid by the hour, can't waste time for my wage masters.

Where are you working that you have no Internet?

thanks guyz, this is the real Sup Forums

Mostly word processing: font, size, spacing, indentations, hyperlinks, the works.

Then OP should go for PlayOnLinux I think

Lurkers who give a shit quick tell user with your IP

LibreOffice

LibreOffice

>Anything but excel as your spreadsheet of choice.

No thanks

I used to dualboot on windows when I need to do some paper work. Since last year, I installed office 2010 through PlayOnLinux, and it run smooth (beside losing focus when hovering a popup). I never boot on windows since then.

Install linix.
Only one app menu.
dropped.

>Oracle
>ruined everything
Overreacted as usual. Of course it would be abandonware without apache, but it doesn't mean it would be worse.

For word processing I'd suggest a text editor and pandoc for converting the markdown to LaTeX and PDF. Otherwise LibreOffice is the better suite.

Google drive for normie shit. Libreoffice for anything serious. I don't mind Google seeing my grocery lists or whatever but I do mind them seeing my detailed personal financial records I keep as well as my contacts.