/mpg/ Mechanical Pencils General

Pencils.jp Edition.
Anyone want to buy me one of these beauties?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DqJpEruMVus&feature=youtu.be
modernfueldesign.com/product/brass-mechanical-pencil/
amazon.com/Staedtler-Mechanical-Pencil-925-25-05/dp/B002BNHMC8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481068950&sr=8-1&keywords=staedtler 925 25
amazon.com/STAEDTLER-drafting-mechanical-adjustment-function/dp/B0014R2GSW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481069159&sr=8-2&keywords=staedtler 925 85
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=https://www.amazon.co.jp/STAEDTLER-REG-製図用シャープペンシル-芯量調整機能付き-0-5MM/dp/B0014R4BJE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481070327&sr=8-1&keywords=staedtler+reg
jetpens.com/Staedtler-REG-Regulator-Drafting-Pencil-0.5-mm/pd/4702
jetpens.com/Pentel-Smash-Drafting-Pencil-0.5-mm/pd/2412
jetpens.com/Staedtler-925-25-Silver-Series-Drafting-Pencil-0.5-mm/pd/5305
jetpens.com/Pentel-Graph-1000-for-Pro-Drafting-Pencil-0.5-mm/pd/436
jetpens.com/Staedtler-925-Drafting-Pencil-0.5-mm/pd/6882
jetpens.com/Staedtler-925-65-Drafting-Pencil-0.5-mm/pd/6896
pentel.com/contact-us
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you use any wood cased pencil other than pic related you should be banned.

previous thread

My little two, they're good enough for me at least

How does the bottom one compare to the P205?
I prefer my Smash over my P205 because of the grip.

I'm sorry friend, I really don't know, these are my second and third mechanical pencils that I ever had, the first one was a > 1mm behemoth

Is this the King of MKG?

I use a similar one w/eraser

This has to be a meme.

I understand mechanical keyboards, great for typists or gaymen. An SSD will make your puter boot up in seconds, and load any important programs/files faster. Even GNU + Linux is good for programmers and free software. These all have purposes.

Mechanical pencils are purposeless and the best example of what you should call a meme.

Pentel esharp

looks interesting, is it metal? any cool engineering features like the kuru toga and the pentel 1000?

staedtler 925 25 is my favorite pencil.

Is it just me or are cardboard-style cards the best notetaking stuff there is?

This shit is flying around in my room but doesn't break when I accidentally step on it or throw it somewhere. Normal papersheets always bent and then it becomes a mess when picking them up because folds etc. Also the card board cards are A5, which is pretty practical.

4u

the part you grip is metal but the inlets are rubber
no cool engineering features besides no tip wobble
they allow you to write a lot without stopping, necessary for some education

How big has your table to be in order to write on it properly using pen and paper and the computer?

Most desktops I see in the desktop threads look like the people behind these screens can't even write with pen and paper, as their keyboards are most of the time placed at the edge of the table.

that's why I have a HHKB

Okay, what about laptops?

I've used laptops for about 3 years but had to go back to a huge tower because of performance reasons and I must say that laptops really excel at this particular, but nevertheless everyday, task.

that would be fine too to allow space for writing
it is definitely a plus that you can move a laptop off of a table but often I need a computer for my work

Just get a huge desk

I have three monitor, and fullsized keyboard, and can still write comfortably. Midget sized desks are the worst thing to deal with if you spend a lot of time on them

how does that even save space besides the few extra inches that a standard numpad board would have? It's still approximately the same width as any other keyboard

the width is not what I have issues with
I can't write something behind my keyboard, so having a normal width does not take away from writing space

That body looks so thin. DAE try to fill as much lead in their pencil as possible?
Also, Kuru Toga Roulette is best pencil.

Is there any difference between the 925 25 and 925 35 other than color? The 25 seems more popular but that blue just looks nice.

no
it isnt as bad as you might think, it's more comfortable for a long writing session than a heavy pencil like the Pilot Automac
but thinness makes lit less comfortable than my Smash
the pen version takes D1 refills, the ones found in multi pens

Holy fuck is this the most autistic thread on Sup Forums?

dumblet detected

its a beautiful pencil imo
and makes a good companion in a small notebook but it's too thin to write with for a while

It's better than seeing install gentoo threads.

my personal collection

btw, does anyone know how to get that stuff off the metal part on the black pentel in pic related?

my guess is that that black stuff is either oxidization or the guiding wearing off
might as well try IPA just to see what happens

should i dip it in IPA or pour some on a cotton ball and rub it

idk try it with a cotton ball
it might damage the plastic if you use too much

Who /TheShaker/ here?

Is this the Thinkpad of pencils?

I use Ticonderoga if I use a wooden pencil. I do have a 2mm wooden clutch pencil though

easily the Thinkpad of pencils

why do we need to give a shit about mechanical pencils? as a disorganized student I tend to buy the bics in bulk and lose them periodically and not give a shit.

If you weren't the type to lose your pencils you could afford to get a really nice one that has better features or is more comfortable to write with. Don't fall for the kuro toga meme. It's cool but that shit does not work if you are left handed

i have the black one, very comfy to hold

so i'll just let this sit here overnight

BIC and their throwaway stuff will only lead you to throwaway hardware.
Smoke bowls with refillable lighters and you have replaceable parts everywhere. Smoke bowls with throwaway lighters and you get the new Macbook.

Hard truth, maybe also hard to grasp.

The type of person who buys expensive ass pencils is the same person who makes analogies about smoking weed.

I think I'll stick to a pack of 20 pencils for a 3 dollars

0.7 is for niggers and degenerates

ad hominem and refilling is cheaper, you dumb nigger.

I got the black body model. I also have the thin ones, although they are for some reason more expensive than the fat ones.

I bought one of those steel bodied Zebra pencils, expecting it to not break in my pocket. The plastic tip snapped right off. Does anyone make pencils that are entirely steel/titanium/whatever and will not break as my pockets get heavily abused?

>HHKB

Way to big.

Not to mention a non clicky switch.

Cherry MX Green Planck or GTFO.

>kuru toga
>good anything
pick one

The kuru toga is worse than fucking bicshit mechanical pencils

Buy a tombow monograph for $4 on ebay. Very cheap.

Then you will see how much your writing experience can be improved by the pencil you use.

Maybe you don't write much user but many people do; the easiest way to get ideas out of your head onto paper is still by far with a pencil or pen. Sure, typing or using computer programs are useful, but they haven't replaced writing or drawing yet. And if you write or draw you should have good tools to do so.

How are they a meme at all? They last longer than pencils, write better and finer and are a hell of a lot more ergonomic. If you write for any amount of time even spending 8 dollars on a pencil makes a huge quality of life improvement.

Serious question what's the difference between an actual rotring and the Chinese ones that are a fourth of the price?

Staedtler 925 25

A new Surface with Surface pen is as good as, if not better than, writing by pencil.

Absolutrly blew my mind first time I used one. There is a reason many artists have switched to digital.

>he fell for the ohto meme
laughing at you right now desu ne

ohto is the worst mechanical pencil company on this planet, it's the only company that makes pencils less reliable and 10x more expensive than Walmart pencils

They switched to digital because it's easier to edit.

>But muh input lag

youtube.com/watch?v=DqJpEruMVus&feature=youtu.be

bruh if you're autistic about everything in life then it's not a massive leap to jump to writing tools

Sup Forums would have threads about the optimal napkin to use when wiping their nose if they could

"2 thread count nigs pls go".

I have a Rotring 600
a Pentel Graphgear 1000
a Faber-Castell Contura XF
Looking for another metal body pencil, Staedtler 925-25?

Smash is the perfect pencil.

No gimmick features on the smash, it's just optimised for long writing

Is there any point in buying any other pencil if you already have a Kuru Toga and a rotring?

Also I don't think this needs to be a general. It's nice to have threads only once in a while.

Nobody cares about your opinion
Mechanical pencils are the only thing that matters in my life I enjoy seeing others caring about them as much as I do

No point, although the Rotring should at least be a 600 model and the kuru toga should at least be a roulette. Plastic sucks.

>Mechanical pencils are the only thing that matters in my life
I like mech pencils as much as the next guy, but this just sounds fucking autistic.
Upgrade your 600 to an 800 or rapid pro for that retractable tip.

Mono 100 gets you similar god tier quality and slightly longer pencils for usually the same price.

>Upgrade your 600 to an 800 or rapid pro for that retractable tip.
Not this. The 800 is wobblier because of the extra mechanics.
Get the 925 or a 0.3mm Rot 600

kuru toga (plastic) doesn't seem to work. maybe it's because I write lightly.

They seem to have a plastic pushbutton in a similar style to the ones on BICs that I've snapped off.

And I regret buying that piece of shit. I should've bought another staedtler 925 instead of the ohto.

The Rotring 600. This is a stock pic. Mine is 1 mm (it is old). Smooth and comfortable to hold

Does the 925 really have a plastic pushbutton? Found mention of it on an eBay listing but nowhere else.

>staedtler 925 25

>he does not have REG

If you want one with a cool engineering feature try the zebra delguard, it prevents your lead from breaking.

zebra is a mediocre manufacturer

What's a badass mechanical pencil I can use for preparing nautical charts and plotting?

Regular pencils are too thick and go dull too fast, and the cheap mechanical ones I use have points that wiggle and fuck up the small shapes I draw.

Redpill me on this shit
1- Why mechanical are they that much better than a ordinary pencil?
2- Could you recommend me a cheap pencil >$8 (not sure what I'm looking for, thin probably is best also it will be used for mathematics -not for intensive writing)

ty

I know there are a lot of titanium pens and metal multi pens, but this is just a pencil.
modernfueldesign.com/product/brass-mechanical-pencil/
There is also the Mono Graph One and Zero but they're hard to get.
The metal clip, like the 925 25, might be worthy of mention.
It's a lot better than a plastic one.
I've tried the Mono 100 and it felt basically the same as the Hi Uni. I just prefer the color scheme of the Hi Uni.
The Pentel Orenz does this with really thin leads.

>modernfueldesign.com/product/brass-mechanical-pencil/
That is a fucking sexy pencil.

bump

the 925 looks like its made from plastic unlike the 925 25/35

where do i get one that's not crazy expensive?

Is the only difference between the 925 25 and REG the lead extension variation?

Amazon is pretty cheap.
amazon.com/Staedtler-Mechanical-Pencil-925-25-05/dp/B002BNHMC8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481068950&sr=8-1&keywords=staedtler 925 25

lol
amazon.com/STAEDTLER-drafting-mechanical-adjustment-function/dp/B0014R2GSW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1481069159&sr=8-2&keywords=staedtler 925 85

other than the looks yes

that's not the staedtler reg

Wtf, why are these so expensive? The picture description on the Amazon link is in Jap so I can't understand it.

They're discontinued.
Way too heavy for me.
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=https://www.amazon.co.jp/STAEDTLER-REG-製図用シャープペンシル-芯量調整機能付き-0-5MM/dp/B0014R4BJE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481070327&sr=8-1&keywords=staedtler+reg

This might be more useful.
jetpens.com/Staedtler-REG-Regulator-Drafting-Pencil-0.5-mm/pd/4702

Should I get this or a Staedtler 925?

What are you looking for in a pencil?
Click specifications to see the details on the pencils.

Second link.
jetpens.com/Staedtler-925-25-Silver-Series-Drafting-Pencil-0.5-mm/pd/5305

Might want to consider this one too.
jetpens.com/Pentel-Graph-1000-for-Pro-Drafting-Pencil-0.5-mm/pd/436

just for doing math on paper for school. I have a graphgear 1000 and i feel like it's too heavy towards the top. Also own two Kuru Togas and i'd rather just have a regular one since i don't push hard enough to make it turn like it should

Either of the 3 should be fine but the Smash & GG 1000 for Pro are lighter than the 925 25 at .4oz.
Might as well try the Pentel Smash. I know it is more tip-heavy.

Leaning towards Pentel Smash right now. How are the plastic 925's?

I haven't used them.
But at .4oz, it's more similar to the Pentel Smash.
The grip part of the Smash is made of metal but it doesn't seem that is true for the 925s.
jetpens.com/Staedtler-925-Drafting-Pencil-0.5-mm/pd/6882
The 925 65 is really pretty imo and it's lightweight.
jetpens.com/Staedtler-925-65-Drafting-Pencil-0.5-mm/pd/6896

thanks user
just ordered a smash on amazon

I've used this beauty for about three years now. Still writes like a dream and I haven't had a single problem with it.

It didn't work :(

You could try to contact Pentel at
pentel.com/contact-us

ok, i sent an email

I have that Kuru Toga that's in the middle of the pic and I've been using it for 5 years now. Love the shit out of it. It's so perfectly balanced.

Great choice, not that user you are quoting but I also really love kuru toga roulette. People keep calling it a meme but it's actually a really useful feature, cursive is dead anyway. I just wish they would make one with an all metal body, the half metal/half plastic throws me off.

How do people unironically like the lead spinning mechanism? Why not just use thinner lead instead of some overly complex spinning thing which only works sometimes if you press really hard?

Is the more expensive kuru toga different on the inside compared to the cheaper ones?