A local pc shop sold me a computer with an AMD FX-8370 in it and explicitly told me not to apply thermal paste

A local pc shop sold me a computer with an AMD FX-8370 in it and explicitly told me not to apply thermal paste.

However, since I've had the system, it's had constant BSODs and shutdowns, problems booting etc and I can't help but wonder if it's related.

Can Sup Forums confirm if I have to apply thermal paste on this specific processor. He said this cpu in particular doesn't require it.

Other urls found in this thread:

dpmcomputers.com.au/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anything other than

>explicitly told me not to apply thermal paste.
what
>Can Sup Forums confirm if I have to apply thermal paste on this specific processor.
what
>He said this cpu in particular doesn't require it.
what

2/10 bait

Dead serious.

I haven't done anything indepth with computers before. The most physical work I've done is replace a graphics card or a RAM chip every few years.

From what I've found, he ripped me off something fierce ($1200 for an msi 970 motherboard, AMD FX 8370 processor and card reader). Serves me right for being retarded and going to a local shop, but my old mobo died and I needed a new system on the day or faced missing a huge job opportunity.

Probably already suffered heat damage and will never perform like a new CPU again. If he already has shutdowns, etc.
Heat damaged CPUs can lose quite a lot of performance or just crash frequently or not work at all anymore.

post the shop address here so we can laugh at him

More like, he should post his own address so we can laugh at what a retard he is, most people on Sup Forums would rip such a faggot off, like the shop owner did.

Jesus Christ.

dpmcomputers.com.au/ is the place that did it.

I asked him about 2-3 times to make sure, and he firmly said when I left that I absolutely 100% should -not- apply thermal paste.

I feel like I've been ripped off like mad. Fuck my system dying the day I was supposed to move. I ended up losing my job anyway with the delay.

you deserve it for being a retarded cunt and not even trying to compare prices yourself.

post speccy AND openhwmon or fuck off

so, who assembled the fucking parts?
are you using stock cooler?

also

I didn't have anything to compare prices with the day it died. I'd literally just moved into a new (temporary place) and I was supposed to be doing a skype interview that same day.

I am fucking stupid though for going to the closest place so quickly. I was panicked about getting back up and running for my job because it was a job to die for. Didn't want to have to drive around all day. Ended up waiting a long time for it back anyway.

Also just noticed on the bottom left of the site it says the email is "[email protected]", very professional.

I put it together myself later with the assistance of a much more seasoned computer veteran. Got told I was ripped off big time.

If memory serves me, when we removed the processor from its box, we followed the directions given by the guy at the store; he said the only thing we had to do when installing the cpu was clip the processor to the board via a latch, so that's all we did.

>I didn't have anything to compare prices with the day it died
nigger, you check prices BEFORE BUYING.

>on the phone
>with a pad
>with your parent's PC
>with your friend's PC
>at the fucking library

>I was panicked about getting back up and running for my job
you dont have a fucking PHONE to call them?

fuck off

dumb cunt btfo

based David Mikhail

>I put it together myself later
that's not what i asked

>bla bla bla we just opened box and put it on
yeah, but was it the fucking stock cooler that came with the CPU or not?

stop avoiding the fucking questions, you baiting nigger

OHH, the CPU and cooling where new, so the cooler already had a layer of thermal paste under it.

That's why he told you to not add any more.

It's not the thermal paste that's causing problems.

almost none of the aftermarket air coolers come with pre applied thermal paste you retard.

all stock coolers and many AIO coolers do

That IS a stock cooler.

he still havent fucking confirmed it is the stock cooler you god damn tard

every one ive ever bought came with preapplied thermal paste that i had to wipe off to use my own shit, you must buy yours on ebay

>that i had to wipe off to use my own shit
>using a cpu cooler as your loo
PAJEEEET

Only a landline, no working mobile.

I got exactly what's pictured here.

The cucks are trying to make you buy more CPU's by fragging them with heat. Don't be an idiot.

Not the guy you replied to, but AMD does have thermal paste preapplied to the bottom of their stock heatsinks with a plastic film over it which needs to be removed. This makes more sense than someone making a retarded statement that no thermal paste is needed.

you must be buying stock coolers from amazon then.

both cooler master and zalman come with a small tube, not pre applied.

>stock cooler
yeah, the guy that told you not to apply thermal paste was right, because that already comes with it pre-applied, you dumb fuck.

fuck off and kill yourself, baiting nigger

>reading comprehension
doesnt fucking matter, i had to ask twice and you're a fucking retard if you just assume things with retards like OP.

That makes a hell of a lot more sense. Thank you.

Shouldn't even need cooling there, I was freezing my ass off in your "winter".

no dude I bought a brand new artic freezer 13 which came with preapplied paste
and i bought a h110 which came with preapplied paste

>($1200 for an msi 970 motherboard, AMD FX 8370 processor and card reader)
wait, seriously? That's like if I sold you three car parts with a combined retail value of about $300 at most and asked $1200 for it.

>doesnt fucking matter, i had to ask twice and you're a fucking retard if you just assume things with retards like OP.
I didn't assume that AMD has thermal paste on the bottom. This is / was fact. My assumption was that a computer salesmen wouldn't go out of their way to screw a customer like this and as OP originally said
>and explicitly told me not to apply thermal paste
He wouldn't need to apply it if it was already there. He would need to remove the plastic film though.
The simple solution would be to remove the heatsink and see if he fucked up or the store clerk fucked up. It's kinda his fault for not reading the instructions anyway and taking someone else's word on it.

h110 is AIO like i said you dumb fuck, they mostly come pre-applied.

and you've only bought that one air cooler? i've bought from two brands and none came pre-applied.
we can ask the rest of Sup Forums if theirs came with or without pre-applied but i dont think it will go in your favour.

>I didn't assume that AMD has thermal paste on the bottom.
i was talking about him using stock or aftermarket cooler

>He wouldn't need to apply it if it was already there.
thats why i asked several times for op to clarify if he used the stock cooler or not.

op is retarded, he probably left out that it was a complete system.

You got completely fucked by the idiots at the store.
Saying a CPU doesn't need thermal paste is like saying a car doesn't need oil.

If its overheating though without paste then surely the fan that was installed didn't have paste pre-applied to it and was 2nd hand right?

it absolutely needs thermal paste

the only reason i can think that they told you that is if they ripped you off and the cpu isn't what they said it was (and don't want you to see it)

>a jewish shop with high prices explicitly not jewing you with additional costs for thermal paste

commercial thinking debunks your lie, OP

idk man those are the only ones i've bought lol.
I know big air usually comes with a separate tube of paste but honestly I think that's because you run the risk of fucking up the application if it's difficult to mount your heatsink.
everything else I bought was used so I just wiped it down and applied arctic mx4 becuz it's the fuggin best

... did ya plug the fan in, cunt?

next time ask the dude to assemble the whole PC for you because you clearly suck at this

>explicitly told me not to apply thermal paste.

Why? Was there an actual reason given?

>AMD FX-8370

They probably told you not to apply thermal paste because the cooler has thermal paste on it so applying more paste won't do anything except force it out around the cooler, which could be bad if you apply too much and it gets on the motherboard AND is conductive.

>every single component comes with a manual
>putting a computer together is basically the same as lego
>people still cant do it without fucking it up

you would have been better off going to costco or wallmart. and yes you most definitely need thermal paste. its not hard to apply yourself. look up a youtube vid. your cpu might be fucked already though

not sure what australia is like, but i'd take him to court over this. In america, I would go small claims, as its most likely going to go your favor there, but not sure about where you live.

>buying amd
>prebuilt

you are supposed to do it yourself because you are using amd to save as much money as possible.

or i assume you are because there is no other reason to be buying FX series processors

They told you not to apply any because the fucking stock cooler has pre-applied thermal paste and they don't want you fucking around with it.

Get your money back and spend it elsewhere