pcpartpicker.com/list/yTVnd6
pcpartpicker.com/list/ccsNxY
pcpartpicker.com/list/yqjxRG
pcpartpicker.com/list/PJBnyf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>SSD instead of HDD

8 GB of RAM is enough
An i3 is overkill for your mom
Get a good psu so the build won't sound like a jet fighter.

Dont worry all her files are stored in the cloud

>he fell for the 16GiB RAM meme

>facebook
>16GiB

just buy your mom a dell optiplex complete with monitor and everything for like 200 dollars from your local craigslist or ebay, literally cheaper than building a shit tower from scratch

*used/refurbed obviously. a year ago i got an i5 with 19" monitor, 4gb ram and tb hard drive for 225

mouse and keyboard included as well. perfect for what I use it for, a big external hard drive with a gui

>dual pcie mobo
>16gb ram
>i3
>240gb ssd
>for facebook normie shit
Is this some sort of intensive advanced facebooking I'm not aware of or something?

not just buying her some shitty ass chromebook

please tell me that you're bored and have a shit ton of money. Otherwise you're a fucking retard...

>$325
>A lot of money
>Buy a $325 shitbook instead

b&?

if not then get G4400 and H110M with 8 gigs instead

not building your parents an AMD APU build to use facbook on. Why do you like to waste money OP?

Go back to lga 1150, pick up a pentium G and a matx mobo for 100$, 8gb of ddr3 would be another 40
Spend the savings of ~120$ on a quality power supply, fans, nice compact case to keep it quiet

There's no point in having those components. Sup Forums is just a consumershit board nowadays, sad...

This

An athlon 5350, 4 gigs of ram and one of thise mini itx ecs mobos is maybe 90$.
With a psu, case and storage youre looking at a max of 200$. Cheaper if you get one of those psu/case htpc things

This.
Pentium g440
H110
4 or 8GB DDR4
128ssd or hybrid HD (whichever is cheaper)

The pentium chips are great for anyone who's not gaming or creating content. I could contest that 4gb of RAM is so cheap, but since it is so inexpensive you may as well "future proof" her with 8. (Relative to what she would use it for)

>Facebook
>Memelake/DDR4

Get an intel nuc in i3 or i5, its the perfect all in one parent computer, no building required

pcpartpicker.com/list/yTVnd6

get her an ipad, dingbat.

>Radeon-brand SSDs exist

Windows 10 needs a minimum of 16GB to run its epic spyware suite

id check with some of the "custom" prebuilt companies.
recently did that with ibuypower few months ago.

i5 6400, b110* gigabyte motherboard, 8gb ram, 500gb intel ssd, Revolt case, disc drive, wifi/bluetooth, threw in cheapest gpu, 80+Gold 500w power supply, came with windows 10, a new keyboard and mouse. was around $650.

sometimes they have deals if you dont care about the case. better hardware that will stay relevant for longer.

depends how much you want to spend.

>Facebook build

Dude you can build an AM1 system for 250$ if all she does is facebook, and go for the 15w tdp apu

>adata

Enjoy you ssd, while it lasts

Wait for Intel Kaby Lake & H270 chipset

>mom
>16GiB DDR4
>SSD instead of HDD
>Desktop
>not Laptop.

You are autistic enough to think your mom wants a Desktop PC, simply because "MOM I CAN MAK COMPOOTOR 4 U"
kys

This is an upgrade. She already has a desktop Core2Duo and 40" monitor where she does her netflix and facebook. What you think shes old and retarded like your mom?

tell her to get a fuckin job and move out

Words of wisdom.

Just give her a T420
Good Enough.

Grandma PC Formula
>pentium
>8gb of cheapest RAM you can find
>shitty EVGA PSU for like $10
>cheapest no frills matx mobo you can find
>cheap case
>ssd if you feel like spoiling them
>HDD if they made you eat veggies for dessert
Dasitmane.jpg

>She already has a desktop Core2Duo and 40" monitor where she does her netflix and facebook
Most casual desktop users don't need anything more than a C2D.
Why not speccy us that computer she already has?

Buy her a QT NUC

I want one so badly just to post in speccy threads.

Try this on for size OP

pcpartpicker.com/list/ccsNxY

>240 GB
>240 °F

Gigabyte Brix, or Zotac Mini are cheaper.

this.
get a recent pentium instead of the i3

>zotac

>Most casual desktop users don't need anything more than a C2D
Stop peddling this meme. Stop it. Go fucking use a typical C2D machine to try to Facebook/Youtube/Netflix, and tell me how well it works out. It's loud, it's hot, it's annoying. You'd need to completely spec-out a C2D-era machine to smoothly handle these poorly-coded services, which costs a lot of money because, for example, 4Gb DDR2 DIMMs weren't plentiful and aren't cheap.

People here and across other tech forums need to stop saying this as if it buys them sort of scene points. I hear KIDS saying this, kids who were playing Playstation all throughout the C2D era and don't have a fucking clue.

INTEL NUC

Zotac mini PC's are better quality than Gigabyte.

I'm using a shitty Dell D630 laptop with a Core2Duo with 2GBs DDR2.
I have issues with 4k content and some h265, otherwise it works fine.
Biggest issue is the nvidia card on it is going to shit.
I'd go with an i3 for a browser machine simply for reliability and low poper consumption.

My mom has a 32GB SSD and no complaints, except about Windows 10 in general.

You wouldn't know what a jet fighter build is until you hear one of those 4U Germane rugged PCs. We had one of those things and had to literally lock it inside a room and bring out the cables from underneath the door so we wouldn't go crazy from the loud sound while working on it.

Build update. Help me choose.

Cant do G4400, hd video will stutter. Dual core cant multitask netflix and facebook at the same time.

better bump that up to an i7 boy

Yes
>muh js
>muh FHD flash
>muh 300fps Farmville 2
>muh ads load at the speed of lighting
>muh emoji input of 0.5ms
>tfw poking cunts into orbit
Get on that level bitch!

I gave my mom an optiplex 745 with an e7200,4 gigs of ram,an ssd, and a gt 210. After replacing the thermal paste, it runs relatively quiet.
My little brothers use an optiplex 330 with a modded xeon and 9800GT and it runs quiet enough too. So shut the fuck up, you don't know what you're talking about. My i7 920 runs louder than their desktops.

>4Gb DDR2 DIMMs weren't plentiful and aren't cheap.
Learn to ebay, cuck. I got 4 2GB dimms for 19 bucks.
Tell the truth, you just wanna build mommy a brand new desktop so you can show off your pc build youtube tutorial skills.

you are retarded

A dualcore cant do netflix and facebook at the same time!?!?!?!?

Get a nice Intel Pentium G3258 and pick up an extra second hand monitor with the money you saved or some shit. You can even overclock it up to 4GHz easy.

just give her the A8-7600 and run it in 65w with fast ram. You really want fast ram ddr3 2400+ for an a series apu but 2133 is still pretty good.

Here's a cutesy itx mom build
pcpartpicker.com/list/yqjxRG

i can browse x website from my intel atom. what are you talking about

Your mom will be fine with a H110M board, 8GB ram.

You will have no perceivable performance differences

You are full of shit, Intel HD 5x0 series support 10bit HEVC hardware decoding up to fucking 4K

swap out the i3 for a g4400

>letting your mom fall for the cloud meme
You're a terrible son, consider suicide.

Recommendations for a mom laptop? What to watch out for?

Pentium
Cheap motherboard
4GB or 8GB of RAM
A Corsair MX300 SSD
EVGA 430W PSU
Whatever cheap case you can get

THAT IS ALL SHE FUCKING NEEDS MATE, STOP BEING AN AUTIST.

Just get her a prebuilt.

>hd video will stutter
Retards like you should buy prebuilds.

Spill proof keyboard. Fucking trust me on this.

Why are autists around here so triggered by processors?

You can probably pick up an older gen i3 for like 70 I'd do that instead.

Don't fall for LE OLD PROCESSOR MEME XD. These people are the equivalent of works on my machine fags and feel superior because they can get by with old technology.

A lower tier i3 is a better option for the integrated graphics alone. Windows 10 is a fucking lazy whore that ran like shit on my x220. So I can't even fathom running this on a C2D to save 40 50 bucks. I don't give a shit if it works on your machine. In my experience older people end up bogging their shit down and complain it runs slow. This at least extends the lifetime of the system before they complain.

I'm convinced this is just an epic ruse or poorfags are legitimately oblivious to how it feels running on newer hardware.

For mom? yea

the skylake pentium $60
8gb ram 40$
mobo 40$
120gb ssd $40

No psu, no cooling, no case, not 325

>Vulcan
Are you sure? I always go for G-Skill.
>ADATA
Maybe Samsung.

THIS is what your mom wants OP
pcpartpicker.com/list/PJBnyf

Your Facebook Build works smooth with Netflix my bro.

This SSD is pissing me off.

Try this:
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB NVMe SSD

Only gaymers, hoarders and people who use computer for work need 1TB of storage, and if his mother is a hoarder, she'd be better off just getting a HDD + small SSD.

And getting an expensive NVMe SSD would be complete waste of money. A 250GB 850 EVO would be a much better option.

>getting an i3
>i3
>i dont even know why the fuck you would choose an i3 op

get gud pleb

don't be a monster, just buy her a notebook with ssd in it

>the PSU is what makes a PC noisy
Are you mentally retarded?

ok

Underrated

Lmao. You deserve my (YOU)/

I used to think this way too but you can't salvage parts from optiplex, primarily the PSU.

This is what APUs are made for, cheap shit that works fine, to give to people you don't want to buy a good PC for

Get a single 8GB stick of ram so you can upgrade down the line if needed. PSU is fine but I'd rather get a fanless one.

>my C2D handles graphical processing just fine
>dont look at the gpu behind the curtain!

Just get some HP laptop from WalMart because she's going to complain about not being able to sit in front of the TV or watch Netflix in the kitchen.

A better option would be a Samsung tablet

Aren't Vulcan and g skill both skhynix ram?

It's the noisiest part in my build at least, even under 75 % load.

>no cooling

The fuck does your mom need 16GB of PC4-19200 for?

kaby lake has i3k editions, watch then trash bulldozer

This guy gets it. Don't bottleneck your mom, OP.

100% silent PSUs are on average only like $30 more than "the noisiest part in your computer" PSUs

Unless you need it it's a waste of money. Under the hood it's still the same NAND just with a different interface that has lower latency and sequential performance which is useless if you want to play farmville.

Pentium dual core haswell
4 gigs single dim ddr3 ram
64gb ssd

get a Pentium
go ITX (pic related)
only need 4GB RAM
preinstall firefox

Isn't that SFX?

it's mini ITX

>people on his thread give actual good advice
>still goes on to make a horseshit build
Might as well give her an i7 you fucking goof

>Dual core cant multitask netflix and facebook at the same time
I think you should install a new CPU in your brain first, it seems to be single core

What components? That just looks way too small to be ITX

It is, brains aren't very good at multitasking or processing multiple threads/stimuli simultaneously

not my pic, but in that you can fit
>mainboard
>cpu cooler (i think intel stock fits)
>RAM
>2x storage (i think one 3.5" and one 2.5")
>slot in disk drive
>40mm case fan
you use a pico psu, that's why it's much smaller
this is around as small as it gets. pic related