Why do companies still put "WARRANTY VOID IF REMOVED" stickers and tamper tape on their products if it is explicitly...

Why do companies still put "WARRANTY VOID IF REMOVED" stickers and tamper tape on their products if it is explicitly illegal to have it on in the first place under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act from 1975?

Why are governments not curbing most of this "authorized repair" proprietary bullshit that corporations are pushing without resistance?

Sue them if you care so much

I dunno dude lmao call the cops on them

To keep retarded hacks like you annoyed.

You should do this because nobody else has done it

Noob catchers.

>Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act
that's for a "full warranty"
the warranty you are referring to is a "limited warranty" as are most.

I'm gonna pull the tag off my mattress, CALL THE COPS lolo

welp now i know why everything has a limited warranty now. to bypass the law right?

Wouldn't work. Their terms of services and claims are so full of "mays" and "ifs" that a judge would just throw the case out on the spot.

Because they know nobody is going to sue them over a $200 computer part.

I think it's for countries that don't have laws against it. I remember dealing with XFX before and they told me to just ignore it since I'm in the US.

yep exactly :3 that's why even lifetime warranties have a "limited lifetime warranty"

fun fact. exclusions can not be applied to limited warranties in the state of California. thanks to that I was able to force western digital to pay for over $2k worth of data recovery on a 1 year old external 2 tb hard drive that was encrypted with w/e the fuck apple uses that i've forgotten because that was back in october... but yea. that was pretty sweet

wish I'd known that back when acer refused to fix the hdd in my laptop because the outside screen hinge area got a small crack in the plastic during shipping
seriously, fuck them

I thought that sounded like bullshit at first and this guy instantly came to mind

I've been playing this series for too long

Does australia have laws against it

im high so i forgot to mention that it was a client's drive an not my own (i've been trying to fucking install windows 10 on a god damned pentium 4 for two days because it's what the client wants and is paying for..)

california has some really strict consumer protection laws. i told the client that i'd advise asking a lawyer as well, but western digital listed out all these exclusion on the warranty which included the loss of data and the cost for data recovery. then there was one little line that said except in states where such exclusions are not allowed. quick google result showed california didn't allow exclusions on limited warranties.

need help?

nah, it just had to be slow as shit bc it was originally vista, upgraded to 7 then 8 then 8.1 which was fucked up and all sorts of old programs that needed to be intact.. just had to fail and retry the same shit hoping for different results ;) almost done now.
client has other machines. he just wanted this one running for w/e it is he does on this one. lawyer and a composer so it's his work. fresh install would be best, but i doubt half the stuff would reinstall on 10

>it is explicitly illegal to have it on in the first place under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act from 1975?
Prove it.

Is it illegal to deny warranty, or are the stickers themselves illegal?

Oh, so now it's a P4?

If you're going to lie about a very spevific task, at least be consistent you dense fuck.

> music composition
> on a p4
> under win 10

have you always been retarded or were you in some sort of accident?

what the hell are you even on about?
that's what his other computer is for. this one had case data and shit

i appologize profusely for the typo. it will never happen again. just something about two days straight at a computer not even eating.