Little bastards on Sup Forums complaining about $1,300 macbooks being overpriced, or spending $1...

Little bastards on Sup Forums complaining about $1,300 macbooks being overpriced, or spending $1,500 on a decent gaming laptop. They have no idea what it was like.

and this

They do it because they're worse than poor.
They're NEET.

Lern2capitalism and delete your thread faggot

Look up how much a really old Sparc Server costs these days, thousands of dollars. Highly coveted for shaking out bugs while doing builds

My first PC cost 1700DM because I wanted a 320MB hard drive. It had a "turbo" button that when you pushed it clocked up from 16MHz to 33MHz.
It ran DOS 6.0, Win 3.1 and of course Linux 0.99-k.

>shadow ram

god damn, i haven't seen that in forever

how much would those laptops be after adjusting for inflation?

nvm im retarded

mind figuring out the conversion rate for your friendly Gen Z browsers?

Sun SPARC machines were never cheap.

>4/8M ram machines
>windows 95 coming out a year later
>8M bare minimum with networking enabled
technology moved a lot faster back then

I remember my Gameboy Color was $70. $40 was probably a great deal for that Gameboy.

It's a Game Boy Pocket.

I can't believe we unironically used Windows 95 in high school in 2006.

Aside from issues mine had, they worked fine for their purpose, to. Wonder what their specs were.

how the fuck did people even bother with home computers in the 70s to mid 90s?

>buy a $1500 computer
>4 years later it's completely obsolete

I know computer companies had more respect for their userbase and had the crazy idea that people would be able to service and upgrade their own machines, but jesus christ reading back these things were fucking expensive, especially when you consider inflation

Hm.

its got a built in clock

It's overpriced when you can get a computer that does the same thing for half or less.

found a recepit of pc bought in ~ 1992
'bucket shop' = fastest & cheapest could find

paid £2200

couldn't believe it -- reading back

had paid £2200 for PC

I remember I sold it for £300

got a free mousemat & loads of shitware with it

On the bright side, you could supposedly get a good job just coding HTML

Thank God for Sir Clive, amirite?

Go and be twelve somewhere else

LOL, I am old enough to remember these things.

>My first PC was bought in 1996. It was a 486DX100. 4MB RAM, 40 MB HDD. Cost, in excess of $2K AUD.

That was a lot of money back in those days.

I think my parents got a $1,500+ Packard Bell back in 1994 or 1995.

Actually seemed decent, got a bunch of free games, Putt Putt, MegaRace, and some others. I remember being able to play all those FMV games like Mad Dog McCree, Urban Runner, and Who Shot Johnny Rock. Doom and GTA of course. Was able to go online as well.

in 1996 i paid 953 usd for a used mac with apple system 7.5

As soon as the 90s hit, technology went rapid fire. The internet started to build up in 93 thanks to AOL. There was also a fuck ton of competition. So things were outdated quickly.

lucked out and born into pretty well off family. We got a really nice IBM and it was 1600 90's dollars. 32mb ram, 1.4 gig hard drive, 233 mhz Pentium. I could play Duke 3D at 800 x 600 with screen set to full flawlessly. Pentium 2 came out shortly after, and couldn't play any good PC games like Quake. Computer was still new, just purchased at the worst possible time

still butthurt about missing out on Quake, and I advocate for console gaming > pc gaming to this day

>Look up how much a really old Sparc Server costs these days, thousands of dollars
Huh? No, they're worthless.