Are there actually any positives to updating Windows 7 to Windows 10?

Are there actually any positives to updating Windows 7 to Windows 10?

Other urls found in this thread:

safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/
dsogaming.com/editorial/the-current-state-of-directx-12-in-pc-gaming-was-it-worth-the-hype/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dx 12, better security, better compatibility if you use skylake/zen or newer, etc.

You get DX 12 which will never see relevant use for the next 8 years,
you get the same security as Windows 7 and you are better off surfing via VM or just using any other OS for security,
you get to give all your information and browsing history to Windows so they can proliferate it to over 40 other companies last i remember.

I find the performance for gaming systems to be better running Windows 10 but the fact that a few good games I still play do not run on any version of Windows 10 atleast at this stage makes me not want to install it. I am okay having win 7 ultimate x64

You wont have to fear the impending end of support that will happen in just 3 years.

>8 years
Name one modern AAA title that isn't dx12 or vulkan.

It depends.

I have recently received a Windows 10 laptop, and issues aside, it is still Windows and will still run your programs just fine. I mean, that's what important at the end.

Personally, I don't really have a reason to upgrade my other Win7 laptop as it does everything I need.

I just bought an SSD and I want to do a fresh install of winblows on it.

However I don't actually have a win7 product key on my computer, my version of win 7 was via a school download and I have gone through many mobos since then. So I don't k ow how the fuck I'm supposed to get my OS on my SSD without deleting 80% of my 6tb HDD.

I'm thinking if I free upgrade to windows 10 using the disability link, then I'll have a OS I'd instead and can reinstall it.

But I have heard nothing but bad things about privacy protection. Is it really that bad? Is it even good.??

there is software you can use to protect yourself. i recently downloaded spybot anti-beacon. its worked fine so far

safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

thats a thumbnail

Can i h have the classic theme on 10?

>he thinks he can block the botnet via third party programs
oh goy

prove i can't

Don't do an upgrade, do a fresh install instead. Windows 10 performance is highly dependent on this factor.

>didn't make separate partitions for his data and os.

You don't have to worry about your computer suddenly updating to windows 10.

Well actually you do

Name a modern title that had any relevant performance boost thanks to DX12, and don't forget all the games that turned out to be slower than DX11 out of all the kekest of keks.
Worthless useless meme for idiots such as yourself.
First you jerked off to the only game that made DX12 relevant, Fable, and then Fable and the dev got closed down.
Now you jerk off about DX12, yet most games perform worse due to it.

KEK

I mean this as a positive side of updating to windows 10

>DX12
Useless for now, maybe relevant in the future.

>Better scaling
Useful if you have a high DPI screen or poor eyesight. It's still flawed though.

>Native NVMe support
Can be convenient if you want to install windows on an NVMe PCIe drive

>new interface
Matter of opinion.

>Cortana, Windows Store, Edge, Bash, etc.
Can be useful, I don't use it though.

Not an argument

Not an argument.
dsogaming.com/editorial/the-current-state-of-directx-12-in-pc-gaming-was-it-worth-the-hype/

Also i'm not seeing any relevant performance boosts.
The best thing? Hitman even looks the same between DX12 and DX11 in all comparisons.

Again, till the devs have re-built engines around DX12, and this will take years,
it's useless and worthless.

>37 to 64 fps in a shit-tier cpu
>not seeing any relevant performance boost

how old are you?12? grow up
user proved you wrong. It's cherry picking? maybe.

go back jerking off to your pillow waifu

New UI is more eye-friendly. Better multi-monitor support.

Besides that nothing that can't be done with third-party tools. The rest are a hindrance.

>better security
Read: forces updates

Nope

>looks the same
>performs better almost 50% better
I'm not seeing any issues here.

on the start menu? Yes

I forget the program but it gets rid of the tiles in the start menu

>a benchmark made during the period when Hitman was incomplete, for a game that graphically looks like shit, which also ain't polished, and which only shows such an improvement for a specific CPU series since it was completely optimized around that piece of hardware
Noice.
Are you retarded son?

>forced updates
Better for the end user 2bh

If only they'd tweak the fucking updating system to as uninterruptive as possible. You know, do something about the part that made people stop updates.

But nooooooo, let's instead turn it into something that causes people to discard it completely or do something even dumber shit to their pc's to stop them or whatever.

MS are fucking moron.

That's why so many people use Linux instead? :^)

of course

I meant go back to 7 or 8

You don't need any third party programs to remove tiles from start menu. Just use right click.

so
>use windows 7 for gayming and other programs
>use vm ubuntu to browse the internet
what are the downsides to this?

The downsides are downloading, since you have to get the shit to a shared folder and then move it to your OS.
Other than that, browsing alone is best done via VM.

The best way to avoid malicious downloads in Windows though is to use 3rd party software to sandbox your main download folder rather than relying on any worthless Windows security.

Also, CubicExplorer or some other explorer alternative up to your taste since Windows file management is turd, especially in Windows 10.

all these spy features are due to capitalism

they exist because all these capitalists want to know personal information about people in order to advertise to them.

people blame the government, but it's not really the government's fault. it's microsoft's. a corporation that allows it's os to have spy features on it for capitalist purposes. software created by capitalist cunts usually turns into adware and spyware.

you wanna know why open source is superior. it's because it's anti-capitalist in its very nature.

alright so
>download malwarebytes or some av on your main windows 7
>never touch the browser basically after
>use ubuntu vm for browsing solely
I've never used a vm before but watching some yt vids you can't just drag from the vm window to main pc window to transfer files? If so I could just then
>set up 2nd vm windows pc
>check for viruses there
>proceed to move clean file(s) to main pc
correct?

I don't suppose that comes with a browser integration for upload dialog?

It is the government's fault since the government has allowed itself to lose the balance of power which shifted towards corporations.

It's not the fault of corporations since profit and knowledge are precisely their purpose, and nothing else. They are an evil that's supposed to exist.

The government though is supposed to have anti-lobbying, anti-blackmail (like corporations using a politician's browsing history to put them in their pockets, since a leak of such kind is a completely different matter to a politician than it is for an average Joe like us),
and anti-bribery systems and regulations.
But they allowed themselves not to have these.

Concurrently, the government is also not supposed to have more power than corporations in that they shouldn't govern over them since that leads to state tyranny, so self-regulation is the core point here which brings balance.
Self-regulation is precisely the responsibility of nobody else but the government and the dumb populace who should be forcing the government to self-regulate.

and of support is 10 yrs by contract

If you don't mind the additional clicks and effort,
downloading in VM, sweeping and cleaning the folder, and then moving it to the shared folder and then moving it to Windows, is the right choice.
It can be fast if you plan it properly and just do reflexive training via hotkeys.

the internet is already being ruined by capitalists with their fucking ads. the internet is nothing but fucking ads now. i can't even use it without ublock

Even if it could, i would never allow it since that's too much of a security risk.
The sole purpose is productivity, tabbed browsing, and default session setup (what tabs are opened at startup and in what order by default).

>the US destroyed countries because of "possible communism"
>apparently communism is bad and takes away freedumbs
>they spy people in the whole world and defend it

>eye friendly
>everything is white
I wish blandows had a dark theme preinstalled.

Last update did allow "dark theme". Sort of. In few select places. Hinting simple color changes in elements are more difficult then it should.

Dear god.

Silly tripfag, enjoy your nsa spyware winkiddies.

No

Dx12. Task bar takes up less space.
Other than that the automatic updates are pissing me right off.

Is there still a way to make them manual install only through the group policy editor? or was that patched out in the anniversary update?

>Is there still a way to make them manual install only through the group policy editor? or was that patched out in the anniversary update?

I use the opposite setup with ubuntu as main and win7 on a vm for windows only stuff, my computer works better with linux...

The "Awesome" part, assuming it's actually there :^)