Why the fuck is USB-C still not standard for smartphones?

Why the fuck is USB-C still not standard for smartphones?

it's a maymay

Google Pixel / Pixel C / Chromebook Pixel LS owner here. Feels good.

Explain your reasoning, fagaloo.

Have a Nexus 6P. FeelsGoodMan.

Because most manufacturers use USB C 2.0 instead of the 3.X.
Why? Because jews.
Posted from my OnePlus 3

All Android flagships of this year have it other than the S7.

Have an Alcatel Pixi 4. FeelsGoodMan.

do mobos have them yet?

jewgle didn't give me an adapter to normal usb

Even my UMI Super chinkphone has type C.

Nextbit Robin checking in, usb-c is both here and comfy

They're now basically found in all new mobos.
The implementation has been relatively slow though and the number of these connectors found on mobos is still fairly low.

And the s7 is the only one worth buying. Strange.

Those icons are cancer. Making everything look the same is always bad design.

Does apple have a patent on this sort of connector where the male end is solid instead of hollow?

Having the male bit solid makes way more sense in my opinion, I don't understand why they didn't design USB C like that. With this design the male end is hollow so more likely to get deformed, and the female end has to have a part sticking out in the middle to connect with it which is another point of failure if it snaps off.

Manufacturers want to get rid of their stock of micro USB ports. In 2 years once they run out every pajeet tier $50 phone will have type C

i want to put the lightning cable in the usb c one so hard

PoS phone desu

USB probably puts the sprung pins in the cable so the device socket pins can have more insertion cycle durability.

Applel makes the cables look like they have a durable connector then proceed to use no strain relief boots so they die easily anyway.

Because exposing high current pins on the connector is a fire hazard and you can't trust chinks to not fuck it up.
Applel can get away with it because only they themselves use their shitty proprietary connectors so nobody cares

>Chromebook Pixel LS
Still waiting for the samsung chromebook pro to be released, the next best alternative to the chromebook pixel. ;_;

>he doesn't have HTC 10

j-j-j-jam it in!

How does that answer the question?

I've tried toe Robin and it was an impressive phone given it's sub-$200 price. If they made a sub-5" version I'd probably buy it.

Because it takes time to adopt a new standard. USB 2.0/DVD wasn't a thing for years when it was finalized and standarized.

Also it doesn't really offer much over USB 2.0 for phones that usually have 20-40MB/s write/read micro SD cards.

>he has an HTC 10

>he doesn't have the best phone of 2016

Whats yhe difference between thunderbolt and usb c?

thanks user

Thunderbolt is proprietary Apple shit.

eipä ollu

No thats lightning, right?

What sound does Lightning create?

They both are.

THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTNING, VERY VERY FRIGHTENING

>the female end has to have a part sticking out
it's not gay if it looks feminine enough

kiro mee nukkuun

Been wondering the same.

These make sense. Thank you.

Slylake motherboards do.

Some Z97 and x99 do too.

You can get a PCIe card with USB 3.1 Type C for less than 50 bucks.

Finally something to justify going full ATX.

They use the same connectors, i think the transfer rate is different but i dont know enough abut cables to explain it. Theyve got a chip r some shit in them.

Rape!

WHY IS IT NOT STANDARD ON PC CASES AND MOTHERBOARDS YET?!?!

when you're limited to like 3' cables anyway, a port on the back of an ATX case isn't super useful.

Thunderbolt is proprietary intel shit.

it looks like it wants to eat me.

Those bezels

>have a 5x
>2015 phone
>has USBC
>still can't find USBC cables or adapters commonly anywhere because niggers use the same old garbo phones with shattered screens for six years and that's where the market is
on the plus side anytime someone asks me to borrow my charger i can tell them to fuck off

asus z170 sabertooth owner. it has one. the I/O shield is so thick you can't get a reliable connection so it essentially has 0.

Kek

This

I have a zte zmax pro with usb-c. Nobody I work with knows what that is....I work for a tech company. Kinda sad

>that feel when using micro-usb type-c before the rest of the market has adapted is the feeling iPhone seven users have about their headphone jack

It's such a perfect port. I'm glad that I feel confident it will one day be standard even in apples mobile products, but fuck I only have one c cable and I have to carry it around everywhere. I honestly blame Samsung. If they had moved to type c with the s7, apple would be pressured to switch also.

>never responds

typical Sup Forums being contrarian as usual

Type c spec was finalized just two years ago. Products take time to develop. Devices using micro were too far along to redo just to use a new connector that they probably wouldn't take full advantage of.
Rollout of type-c devices should gradually ramp up.

Apple won't switch.

Seems more like docking to me

My laptop came with one of those kajigger's, though it doesnt use it to charge.

What model?

It is, you retarded nigger.

Too expensive for poor humanity.

Yes, I have not Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime yet.

Acer, not sure exact model though

my zte axon 7 has it, and I absolutely love it. Smartphones will start transitioning over to usb-c

Mods???

> have 5 years of micro usb based market
> expect industry to change within a year
Samsung specifically didn't put usb c into the galaxy line because they just sold a shit ton of micro based peripherals (galaxy gear vr) and didn't want to alienate their consumer base by swapping connectors

>expect industry to change within a year

Apple does that every year and is doing exceptionally well.

That said, they do tend to make products that actually work.

>falling for the samsung meme post-S3
just stop, seriously

no, it is not

one is a protocol and one is a connector

kinda like how the AEKII uses the same connector as s-video even though it's a keyboard

>USB-c fits either side
Shit can't become standard any quicker

Literally no phone out there is better than the a7 or s7 edge right now. Even the s8 is looking to be worse.

>Tfw all you want in life is the note 7
I'd risk it

It's a meme port, Apple is going to change it with their next generation hardware anyway like they have been doing every hardware generation since 1998. Not even Apple believe it is worth keeping.

1) because developing something new costs money
2) because companies are cheap niggers
3) because apple hasn't done it, so who the fuck are other companies competing with to get there?
4) some flagships are coming out with it, but the refresh cycle on each individual company can be slow. do you expect your phone from 2014 to sprout a USB-C port while you're asleep?

Google gave me with my pixel xl USB c to c, USB a to c and and female USB a to male USB c other adapter

>it's an edgy teen thread

It will be you fucking sperg

Thunderbolt is a protocol which uses the C connector. TB also supports USB and a whole other protocols

Apple hasn't yet switched to it.