Why did we let this happen?

why did we let this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ViewSonic-XG2700-4K-FreeSync-Monitor-DisplayPort/dp/B01A0ZRQTW/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1481049318&sr=8-17-spons&keywords=pg27aq&psc=1
pcpartpicker.com/product/yfx9TW/lg-27ud58-b-270-60hz-monitor-27ud58-b
youtube.com/watch?v=mDBWH5XGbjg
pcpartpicker.com/product/TzfmP6/asus-monitor-pg27aq
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One is IPS, the other one is not.

>Pays to post on a Mongolian basket weaving bbs
>Complains about prices

Get your own finances under control before throwing stones.

Supply and Demand

There is a much bigger demand for G-Sync since most people are smart enough to buy a Nvidia card over an AMD card.

well that explains that. but you can still get a 4k freesync IPS monitor for half the price, with similar or better specs than the PG27AQ. i never understood this disparity in price.

guarantee i make more than you

raaah, look at me, I'm such a Sup Forums pass elitist

>you can still get a 4k freesync IPS monitor for half the price
no you cant.

The g-Sync one is out stock and is sold by scalpers or jewish stores.

the©way©you©are©meant©to©be©played

>bought 27" 1440p 144hz asus republic of gay men monitor
>$500
>better than 4K 60hz

Oh ya it came with a g sink too

this one often goes on sale for about $500. it's pretty similar to the PG27AQ.
amazon.com/ViewSonic-XG2700-4K-FreeSync-Monitor-DisplayPort/dp/B01A0ZRQTW/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1481049318&sr=8-17-spons&keywords=pg27aq&psc=1

this is true. from some stores you can have the PG27AQ for around $800, but most places it sits at around a solid G.

i can't decide what i want more, the refresh rate meme or the 4k meme. i like the thought of a bigger resolution. all the 4K monitors i've seen in person look really nice. i think i'm okay with only 60hz

I thought 60hz was fine too...
I also thought higher resolution was better until I realized I either need a fuckhuge screen or to mash my eyes against the screen to appreciate high res
27" 1440p is pretty fucking detailed, I don't care if I'm unable to see the pixels, and games on max settings use the same textures at 1080p as 4K so I'm good without 4K for a while
I will admit people look uglier and more detailed in witcher 3 with the higher res but the 144hz is really what's noticable

Also I've never seen 4K but I've seen 4 1080p monitors side by side

3440x1440 @ 100hz, you get all the memes in one package. And it's fuggin sexy for media, vidya, editing, I don't regret dropping $1200 on my panel.

That's normal, what are you talking about?

There was a $299 4k IPS 27' free-sync display during black friday

You're right user

It's only $400 for an IPS 4k 27" free-sync display
pcpartpicker.com/product/yfx9TW/lg-27ud58-b-270-60hz-monitor-27ud58-b

AOC makes a $300 TN 4k free-sync display

There's now a 3440x1600p 75hz free-sync display, more vertical space is always better

It's $1500 though
youtube.com/watch?v=mDBWH5XGbjg

>media
>1.5x vertical scaling
>2x horizontal scaling or 1/4 black bars on edges

$20 a year is peanuts

Also I'll say I don't really care for the Hz after 100hz or so, I can tell the difference when I try, but during gameplay 100hz is enough for me to enjoy "high framerate" gaymen
I have g sync so it's not like I need to try and always max my fps/Hz anyways

I currently have an ancient 1200p 60 Hz MVA panel and I want to get an 1440p 144 Hz IPS panel with either FreeSync or GSync for gaming. However...

>GSync is stupidly expensive (£600+)
>FreeSync options are cheaper (£400ish) but no AMD cards would even run games at 1440p 60+ Hz

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and go 2160p 60Hz panel instead?

Also Freesync doesnt work above 90fps on IPS monitors for some reason.

There are only two 1440p 144 Hz IPS monitors with FreeSync and they both use the same panel. The XF270HU does FreeSync up to 144 Hz, the MG279Q does it up to 90 Hz but a driver mod can make it work up to 144 Hz.

I don't play games, so I don't care about refresh rates. I want a good, accurate colour palette and decent screen real estate for programming.

What's the best screen for this?

What game is that? Looks nice. (Also, what specs and framerate?)

I got this refurbished, I figured it's probably just been opened one day then some gaymer realized he needed the money and returned it

Or it has bad IPS glow...

It's TN, doesn't have that problem and it has 10-bit color so it's decent. Not a good IPS I'm sure (never used an IPS) but it looks awesome and the viewing angles aren't nearly as bad as I've heard

sure if you play console like games you don't need an insane refresh rate. As FPS player I appreciate the extreme refresh rates very much. Finally possible to ween off of the CRT nostalgia.

Just buy a CRT

Get a CRT.

what's the best CRT nowadays? Do they even still make them...

Yes, good goy, now you've fallen for our marketing tricks to pay more for the same performance we can trap you into paying our G-Sync™ tax

the freesync hardware can be made by anybody, g sync modules have to be licensed so they all work, unlike cheap freesync monitors
Also enjoy not having dual screen freefags

The G-SYNC price is inflated, much like 1080/1070/etc were inflated when it was launched but there wasn't enough supply to keep up with demand. Notice the Freesync offers Prime and the G-SYNC doesn't.

Not disputing OP's more general point, as others have made the same point less ostentatiously. Just disputing the example OP uses.

See pcpartpicker.com/product/TzfmP6/asus-monitor-pg27aq for more accurate prices for the G-SYNC.

samefag

how do you figure?

>being proud of wasting money

AMD cannot run 4k gaming. So no demand thus low prices.

hahaha look at all this useless shit I bought im so rich hahaha

Ikegami still makes CRTs, not PC CRTs though. Go to a pawn shop and lookup whatever CRTs they have there and choose the one with the highest resolution.