The 480 is now overall faster than the 1060, especially in DX12/Vulkan

The 480 is now overall faster than the 1060, especially in DX12/Vulkan

Did anyone make the mistake of buying a 1060? God forbid buying a G-sync display for $100 more than a free-sync display of the same specs

youtube.com/watch?v=gEw3CaNSbUo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-PK55-kCviA
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-quantum-break-on-dx11-is-better-than-dx12
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Initial-Nouveau-Pascal
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150775&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
videocardbenchmark.net/directCompute.html#value
hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/72889-radeon-rx480-8gb-performance-review-6.html
hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/73040-nvidia-gtx-1060-6gb-review-3.html
hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/73945-gtx-1060-vs-rx-480-updated-review-2.html
tomshardware.com/reviews/msi-afterburner-undervolt-radeon-r9-fury,4425.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>especially in DX12/Vulkan

There isn't a single video about the 480 without this exact phrase. It's the Hail Mary of Pajeets.

But it's true though

>medium settings, no AA
>48 FPS

Better than the 1060 but still shit performance.

The game is a massive pile of shit ya, I don't remember why it runs so terribly for everyone

I just bought the 1060 because AMD sucks fucking shit at Arma performance

Isn't ARMA mostly CPU bound?

Looks like it has really good crossfire scaling from the test here, you could have slapped a cheap RX 470 in your PC down the line

Nope because I got a 1070 and managed to snag a brand new 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor for $320

forgot my image

That's almost what at least one free-sync display is normally priced at, the Pixio display dropped to $350 during black friday

>1680x1050

So you agree 1060 is worse than shit performance

>it's only slightly less bad than utter shit
>pls buy

Pajeets everyone

Further validating my purchase. thank you user

Buy a GTX 1060 if you like playing *OLD* games.

So 1060 is subjeet?

>it's better, pls buy

Wait was that display TN? because the Pixio free-sync display is IPS

Now show the benchmarks of the DirectX 11 version you faggot.
youtube.com/watch?v=-PK55-kCviA

A truly superior resolution. 16:10 Master Race

Isn't this because he is now using a not trotting aftermarket RX480?

Quantum Break is a bad example, the DX11 version runs better than the DX12 version on Nvidia cards, while on AMD hardware DX11 runs the same as DX12(no gains whatsoever with DX12 on AMD hardware compared to the DX11 renderer)

it's better at both

it's a better GPU, point

I should also mention that the RX 480's Quantum Break performance in DirectX 11 and 12 is identical.
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-quantum-break-on-dx11-is-better-than-dx12

Yes but when comparing GPUs you can lose 20-30 frames with an equal cost AMD

...In arma 3? are there any more modern benchmarks?

But the 1060 is still the better value option outside of America.

>1060
1070 is the standart. No one even considers buying subpar trash like1060

You don't seem to be too big on standards yourself there.

Shut it pajeet

>deuce ex

until vega also destroys that :^)

loling @ you

No doubt they got those framerates standing in an open field with nothing going on.

why did they use a different system, slightly different set of games, and change the settings in games they reused? it's honestly shady as fuck that anyone would try to draw comparisons from an apple to oranges test like that.

Inb4 that one tripfag that shills for nVidia shows up to damage control.

>loling

I want to set up a mass list of people with different setups and how they benchmark in different applications and games.

What's the best way to do this? Either there's one editor who gets emailed by different people, some kind of open excel document or someone writes a simple web page to handle input and have them submit their stats, maybe display those statistics in graphs and tables. I could host the webpage for short intervals without a DNS or we could figure out a way to make it distributed?

If you set it up with Sup Forums users some fuckers would make a scripted botnet to corrupt the data massively towards Nvidia so don't bother.

how long has AMD been on the good side?

Because back in the day people said they were "good" then i buy something and it turns out to be shit and janky.

Even when nvidia's not great, it never seems to be as bad as AMD's lowest

I have a 1060 and love it. U needed shadowplay and majority of my games are dx11 and opengl. The 1060 is basically a drop in 980 with better features.

AMD has GDVR and Plays.tv for GPU accelerated recording

You have to abandon your freedom to use Geforce Experience

>Tested with newest cpu and ddram 4 with the combined price costing twice as much as the gpu itself.

Well too bad those benches never actually work in reality cuz of driver overhe...

>Look at the dirty smelly Pajeet at the end of video.

Oh of course another super objective AMD shill. Why do I even bother responding.

and it has GSOD :^)

Actually you know what? Cross that. This cpu costs 4 times more than the GPU. And I mean an used one on ebay.

>You have to abandon your freedom to use Geforce Experience
Which you already lost if you want to use DirectX 12

I have a gayman PC with novidia with windows 10 and then another computer that I use for other shit

The GTX 1060 LITERALLY DOESN'T WORK on Linux open source drivers. Meanwhile, the GTX 480 had official open source drivers in the Linux kernel on launch day. And they perform great, with no screen tearing or crashes.

If you don't care about this, you are the cancer that is killing Sup Forums.

Shhh don't bring logic and reasoning to a meta shill thread. Just let those ad threads slide by.

>I have a gayman PC with novidia with windows 10

I really hope devs use Vulkan more than DX12, but microsoft probably gives them money if they use DX12

Sorry but you honestly need a $200+ gpu for a fucking ricing os.

It just got support though

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Initial-Nouveau-Pascal

He's canadian

This seems biased, Canadians do like red a lot.

>tfw laughing at those who bought GTX 1060.

Enjoy your old tech in 1 month, it will be replaced with GTX 1060 using 1080/1070 chip

>$1000+ cpu that costs $900 on ebay

NOT BIASED AT ALL

>Unironically linking to brown faced mongols like Adored or this faggot

In fact, hiro should just apply a fucking filter that automatically closes any thread using pajeetech etc. as a sauce.

>This kills the pro-AMD shitposting.

im currently on the fence between the RX 480 and an EVGA GTX 1060 6gb.

with new API's rolling out im not sure what to do when they are both similar in price.

O.o why is AMD doing their Zen thing so close to christmas? i kinda need to make all my purchasing decisions now.

my plan is to go full Intel and Nvidia with the thoughts that they make so much money they can afford to roll out updates with competent support.

but if DX12 is poo and Vulkan is stepping up giving AMD a software advantage.... i dont know enough to make a decision.

woops, didnt mean to refer to you just clicked it to bring up the reply window.

Just get a 480 man or better yet the 470, it has the best performance per dollar

Although there is this $216 4gb 480

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150775&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

>there isn't yet any 3D/hardware acceleration support
>Guaranteed to be buggy, full of screen tearing, crash-ridden

If you ever plan on doing real computing and dual booting, yes, you need any card you buy to be compatible. This should be a basic requirement for video cards. Also, you can do game dev on Linux. UE4, Unity, Godot, and so on all run on it. I like to boot up a quick game of Xonotic on my Radeon card from time to time myself.

Go to GNULAG, both of you.

don't bother, even at 1080p games released this year run like dog shit
thing the reviewers never admit:
it's loud, really really fucking loud.

If you mean the reference card they're all loud blower coolers

the only games that ran horribly that I can remember are dishonored 2 and Quantum break

Every time you see an AMD favoring article or video you can almost play a fucking bingo when it comes to spotting dishonesty:

- Benchmarks use some turd AMD biased games that nobody cares about but they sure as heck help AMD to catch up with Nvidia (Ashes of the Singularity, Hitman 2016, you know complete turds that get 6/10 but it doesn't matter because they make AMD look good)
- Benches using 50/50 DX11/DX12 games. One thing that AMD really has is async, it doesn't matter that by having 5 DX11 games and 5 DX12 games you show 0.001% library of DX11 games and 100% of DX12 library, it makes AMD look good.
- Pajeet. I don't know why they just fucking love AMD. Every Pajeet out there will favor AMD. Adored, faggot in OP's post and wcftech to name few.
- Benchmarks use absolutely high end hardware for a $200 card to hide the painful cpu overhead issue that AMD has in DX11. In reality if those benches were made on your average budgetfag i5/AMD that 480 would be 5% behind 1060 in every game.
- Using MSRP prices to justify bang per dollar when once again reality hits hard and a 480RX Nitro (Only decent 480) cost as much as any good non-ref 1060.
- Completely ignoring OC potential of both cards. Same way 970 gtx that could easily reach 1500Mhz on core would demolish reference blowers 480s yet I had to see one fucking benchmark showing OC comparison of those cards.

TL;DR: Unless you see an actual video with OSD from MSI Afterburner in a benchmark that has a rig very similar to your specs - STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM AMD.

i wouldnt go with a "blower", something about the look just seems inefficient and hot.

I hope you get paid more than the regular half a cent for posts like that. :^)

I hope you get paid more than the regular half a rupee for postsl ike that. :^)

overheating was something i was worried about... and power consumption. from a few videos of amds previous generation of gpu's it seemed like each one needed their own power supply and water cooling loop to not melt the surrounding parts.

Damn son you just got btfo, stop shitposting and show him some actual counterarguments instead of being an embarrassing retard.

>I really hope devs use Vulkan more than DX12, but microsoft probably gives them money if they use DX12
I wish they would but it seems unlikely. I think DOOM only ended up using Vulkan because of development on the PS4 version of the game.

videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

videocardbenchmark.net/directCompute.html#value

i guess i was safe to stick with the gtx 1060 6gb.

is this source reliable?

who is reliable?

AMD also probably offered help, in addition it runs the game faster when you use it correctly, so more people would be able to run the game

So why are you guys complaining about the system specs? They used the EXACT same system used originally to the 480 and 1060 a few months ago.

Original 480 review:
hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/72889-radeon-rx480-8gb-performance-review-6.html

Original 1060 review:
hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/73040-nvidia-gtx-1060-6gb-review-3.html

Latest 480 vs 1060 review:
hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/73945-gtx-1060-vs-rx-480-updated-review-2.html

Journos are shills - they're not reliable.
Sup Forums is full of dedicated shills who do it for free - they're not reliable.

I stick to Nvidia, don't take my word for it. Just pay attention to shit that I pointed out: Honestly, make a list of your favorite games that you want to play and look for youtube benchmarks made by small budget players - not wanna be linuxtech shills that will do everything in their power to make sure those free products start to pop up. If you're into linux AMD is trash by default, although like somebody pointed out 1000 is also trash as of now. DX12 requires Windows 10 - NSA edition, Vulkan is dead in the water like every AMD tech that has to compete with Microsoft or Intel.

>open source
>nouveau
Who cares, it's trash even when it does work.

>Vulkan
>AMD tech
>competing with Intel

Heres your (you).

Nope, the open source AMD drivers are now largely equivalent to the closed source drivers in many games.

im currently plannin on buyin a 470 8gb when the 4c/8t zen cpu is released to upgrade my athlon 750k/7870le

Id likely be happy with the 8320e for a couple years, and was planning on upgrading on the cheap. Now I could go with the 6600k thanks to microcenter 40mi away or zen come release and reviews

Nobody says that AMD hasn't improved their drivers. Direct me to a post saying that. However both benchmarks use a $900 5960x. Driver overhead is a thing and with something like 3570 or 4460 those AMD benchmarks would look worse in both cases.

Get the RX 480, it'll be better for DX12/Vulkan games released in the future.

For current games and older stuff the power difference between the 1060 and the 480 at 1080p isn't enough to worry about.

Spring for the 8GB 480 because it's just a few bucks more and there are already games that push 4+GB of VRAM usage at 1080p.

If for some reason you do end up getting a 1060 than get the 6GB version. Do not under any circumstances get the 3GB version, it's literally retard tier.

Still inferior. Therefore still useless trash.

No reason to get an 8gb 470 man, just find a 480 8gb on sale if you need 8gbs of VRAM

Nope, it's superior because it's guaranteed to be more stable, and it's integrated into the kernel.

>needing more than 4gb of vram at 1080p
keked, no point if the card isnt strong enough to make use of all of its ram.

Are you a retard or just have problems with reading comprehension?

>with Microsoft or Intel
In this case it would be Microsoft, AMD was already utterly btfo by Intel before like when they were trying to go for 8 cores while Intel went for faster 4 cores around time when majority of games was using 2 cores at best. But you're too dumb to actually understand it - that's why I'm pointing it out.

>Implying AMD wasn't heavily involved into creating Vulkan

Ye cool story.

Can Sup Forums answer why modern games run like shit while looking worse than ever? Are devs actually this incompetent at their jobs or are they beyond lazy fucks?

i never bottleneck my RX 480 with my oc'd 4690k. where's your god now nvidiots?

Graphic development moved away from crispy real-like textures to blurry shit hidden underneath 20 post-processing light effects. It's matter of personal opinion. New games tend to look better in motion when you don't actually try to zoom at things but they look like trash on screenshots etc.

if I get a 480 iutll be the xfx gtr version, but currently $80 more expensive

why do game reviewers always have disgusting accents?

Funny, an i3 6100 wouldn't bottleneck a gtx 1060.

Checkmate AMDumdum

Your $240 cpu reduces driver overhead? What a shock!

>Implying 90% of Sup Forums AMD owners don't run some i3/8300 trash.

my 480 works great with my FX 8300, I can VSR a lot of games to 4k medium settings with no issues on my 1440p display

Cool. Now run games showed in the benchmark and compare results. If your results would also btfo 1060 gtx I will remain forever silent.

Except... We both know your results would be 20 frames behind those of a Pajeet shill.

>1060

Was about to, because they run markedly better than AMD GPUs for an eGPU setup. Then that deal for the sapphire R9 card came up and I took the bait hook, line, and I'm an idiot.

>375W house fire edition

Diminishing returns coupled with being held back by shitty console hardware.

>nouveau
It will work like absolute shit until nvidia releases the signed firmware, which won't happen until Volta. Same thing happened with Maxwell cards, firmware wasn't released until Pascal was released.

>>Implying 90% of Sup Forums AMD owners don't run some i3/8300 trash.

I think you're projecting.

You mean the $260 Fury card? just undervolt it, it might be able to be as efficient as a Nano/980

tomshardware.com/reviews/msi-afterburner-undervolt-radeon-r9-fury,4425.html

Only one I have is doom and that's easy to run at over 100fps with vulkan at times, course that was at 1080p

btfo

To be honesty nobody except for 0.1% of PC owners could run Crysis at any acceptable frames in 2007 and make it look like pic related. Jesus majority of cards in 2009 couldn't run that game at 60 fps even on low details. Meanwhile even trash cards like 960 gtx can run FC4 at high settings/60 fps. So that argument is just another retarded Sup Forums tier nonsense.

i still can't run 2007 crysis at max settings without some frame dips into the 50s