New Laptop

Give me sugestions for a new one.
High performnce , nonMac, 15,6`,not super expencive.
is Dell XPS 15 the way to go.

My laptop burned

The new Razor blade is quite good. Just get a dbrand skin or something to cover up the disgusting Razer logo and it's looks pretty neat.

this although it is pretty expensive.

Dell XPS 15 is supposed to be fine but supposedly the keyboard blows which is pretty critical for a laptop

No, Dell or gtfo.

P R E C I S I O N tbhfam

Cf-rz5.

Post pics of burnt laptop

>not RZ6

>core M
>high performance

This has problems woth WiFi still?

Also
>that webcam placement...

Can't really get a rz6 yet last I checked.

This. Why would you go with an XPS if you don't want a Mac? Touchscreen is pretty useless on a laptop that doesn't have tablet mode. Precision will be cheaper and have more processing power. The only reason to get an XPS is if you will be traveling a lot and don't want to carry more weight than you have to. DESU anything from Dell will be over paying though.

Every laptop that exists has wifi problems because of wifi chip / router compatibility issues, and every laptop that exists will continue to have wifi problems until somebody nukes Broadcom/Apple and stop supporting special snowflake cancer "standards".

only if there was a xps 15 with a 3200x1800 screen...

4k on a laptop is trash, at 100% scale, it's 4k (too fucking small), at 200%, it's 1080p (which's still fucking small), at 300%, it's 720p (fuck)

I have a XPS 13 9630 and like the keyboard. Its fairly good feedback and travel. Maybe its because I have small hands though, who knows.

welp, looks like you wont get half pixels at 250%, that gives you a 1536x864 screen

You're probably going blind then. I can use 1080p at 100% scaling on a 13" screen, easily.

elitebook 2530p

doesn't count if your head is < 1.5' from the screen

MacBook Pro 15" with Touch Bar. It's only $4,300 max spec. Don't get cheap on me, user...

with that money I can almost buy 2 xps 15 max spec, which comes with 32GB of ram and a few user serviceable parts, instead of only one memebook "pro" with 16 GB of ram and memebar

I have the XPS 13 9630 and immediately when I unboxed it and turned it on. I went to Dell's site and updated all the drivers and BIOS, including the NIC driver.

I have had no problems with the wifi as of yet. I run on my router's 5ghz and get near what I pay comcast, so like 130mbp/s

I'm looking for a laptop for pentesting and running Linux, any suggestions? I'm thinking thinkpads might be a good idea

Nope, Thinkpads will lock you out if you have a non-standard Wi-Fi card installed and the ones it comes with are crap for pentesting.

get a laptop with a intel 802.11ac card
intel cards work with linux well and have good signal sensitivity

Vaio Z Flip

Xps 15 kaby / 10 series update when??m

it looks very fragile

IBM if you want to look cool.

If you dont buy a laptop, You are not cool.

Lenovo Yoga 910
Surface Book
HP Spectre x360