I'm tempted

Never had an eReader, want to get smart and well red to impregnate snooty college girls, is this a good bet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0VmCrblDMlc
youtube.com/watch?v=DJvN29076E0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>well red
Try starting with a bucket of paint

Buy a book, homo

Just get the plain touch

only if you hate money

The thing about ereaders is that expensive ones are just full of meme features that you don't need, like lights, touchscreens and twitter integration

personally i'd just pick up a used kindle from ebay for 30 bucks, it does the job just fine, and physical buttons are actually nicer than touchscreens

if you read 2-4 books a month this gets pretty expensive - piracy aside, ereaders are worth it just for the books in public domain and the convenience of being able to read several at once easily

>Maybe if I look smart college girls will finally be interested in me
Die

>like lights
>lit screens are a meme

>$200
Just get a iPad mini

got one for 150, well worth it, read books and comics every day. battery life is superb. light is a nice extra

never needed it myself, i guess it's nice if you go camping a lot or something

== yarvik ==

you can't do serious reading on a tablet because of its hard on the eyes and nobatterylife

It's worth it if you read 1500+ pages a month. It's the best ereader on the market. A bit pricey for Sup Forums poorfags which is why you don't hear much about it here.

dude, just install calibre and pirate whatever books you want that aren't pd

if you want to get an e-reader with a light don't get one that's back lit. you're better off getting one with no light than a back lit one as a back light defeats the purpose of an e-reader.

if you don't want a light just get literally anything as long as it's cheap. the aura one is expensive but it's probably the best option if you want a light as it's not only front lit but also allows you to change the temperature of the light.

Actually buying a new Kindle just for the lights I like reading in bed with the lights off. The internet and 3g is dumb unless you for some reason need to read wikipedia at all times but I think it's worth

what do you mean about back lighting being an issue?

I want the H2O one so I can read in the bathtub.

Why not just a tablet?

If you're not pretentious enough to get girls with an e-reader, you can fall back on a portable computer.

keeps you awake and tires out your eyes at the same time

Kindle fires go for as little as $50 recently. The other reason to get an eInk reader is the battery life. But you may want to look at the book selection before going with the kobo. An ebook reader that has no selection is worthless. I used to have a Franklin eBookman (a slow PDA/ebook reader), so I have some experience here.

Also, your local public library may have ebooks to loan through Overdrive, which is limited to iOS and Android (as I recall) though it also links with kindles.

1) overdrive can give you epubs which can be decrypted from DRM with calibre
2) libgen makes the selection nonsense mute

is this fucking Sup Forums or not?

how do none of you know anything about technology?

This might sound retarded, but is colour e-ink plausible?

to add to this post
you are also retarded, I didn't want you to think you've escaped unscathed
yes it is, and it's in the works. It's kind of hard to pull off though so I wouldn't expect color kindles for 5 more years at the most

are you saying you think an e-ink screen with a back light is a good idea? lmao you might as just read on an lcd at that point.

i'm saying that there are no e-ink screens with backlights you FUCKING retard

they all have frontlights. They're lit from the front, from lights under the bezel and on top of the screen. And they can be turned off on most ereaders completely

they're useful even with a light on in the room, since they help evenly light the screen to make it easier on your eyes

you're a retard not because you didn't know this, but because you pompously run around screaming derogatory remarks pretending that you're educated when you aren't

all of the kindles with built in lights use back lights. kobo uses front lights under the bezel.

well said. Also there clearly is a HUGE difference between backlit LCDs and frontlit e-ink screens -- and one would know that if they took 5 minutes to inform themselves.

> all of the kindles with built in lights use back lights

No, that's wrong. The e-ink devices don't use backlights, google and literally probably click the first result. We are obviously not talking about the Fire-tablet brand.

kill yourself

nope. kindles use back lights. look it up do your research.

u r bad troll.

Is this obvious "I was actually trolling all along"-reply what they call damage control?

Is the screen size finally big enough to read manga comfortably.

Because the screen in the H20 definitely isn't.

>well red

Just watch the movies you silly.

>there will never be a new kindle dx

the screen is literally translucent with a light behind it. go watch a tear down.

Any time now.

youtube.com/watch?v=0VmCrblDMlc

Yeah, some pebble watches have it.

I hope some day the technology gets advanced enough so that we can get colour eink full size monitors.

Get the reMarkable instead

what kind of digitizer does this use?

I got myself a fire 7in on cyber monday for 30 bucks. rooted that shit, put cm pajeet, and loaded it up with ebooks and comics.

now I am reading dune and it feelscomfyman

Been waiting like five years for someone to bring existing color e-paper/ink tech to the market.

I honestly see no use for an e-reader when the vast majority of what I read is news.

You'll probably have to wait another 5 years, no way color eink is going to affordable any time soon.

Plus the current tech flashes like crazy, 3 times for each color.

Stop being a nigger and buy real bewks, guys. Guys, please. Guys.

I got the aura h20, last gens model. The screens just big enough and it's nice to grip. This shit looks like an over-sized models for 'tards.

why not both?

I do have a kindle touch, but it I just don't like it somehow.
I even hate amazon niggers. Fuckin stupid morons.
Had a kindle 4 - without touch screen, really thin and nice. It broke after about a year. Send it to amazon because of warranty and they send me a brand new kindle touch. I fucking hate this thing. you just have to barely touch the screen and it does shit. It is thicker and heavier.
Fuck this.

Since I got this one I really hate it. Was thinking about buying a different devices, but too greedy and I really like real books

You're right, women go for the downtrodden look.

anons, I want to gift an e-reader but I only have $120 which puts me between a normal kindle or kobo touch(2.0)
what do?

fuck you

that book is the perfect example of why real books are literally inferior at this point because its weights about 30 pounds, it's fucking huge and half of it is annotations that are much easier to look up an ereader

there's nothing special or inherently better about paper books and it's about time we did away with them

meant to (You)

Someone redpill me on the Kobo aura h2o

ALSO THAT AURA ONE IS WATERPROOF

I didn't even notice. Thanks user.

You can buy used classics for like $2 each, and you get the physical page feel.

You niggers, colour e-ink has been possible since 2009.

youtube.com/watch?v=DJvN29076E0

This meme video is from 2010, but it was launched at tradeshows in 2009.

its often nice to have a light, but not really a very necessary feature. I generally kept mine at about 4-10% brightness - it just makes the screen look whiter, cleaner in most conditions and improves the readability in lower light conditions

anyway even the cheapest

>I generally kept mine at about 4-10% brightness - it just makes the screen look whiter, cleaner in most conditions and improves the readability in lower light conditions
basically this

t. poor subhuman

I honestly can't wait until I can have a big beautiful e-ink display for my desktop PC.

Got an old kobo e-reader
A software update semi-bricked it.
But it now completely ignores adobe DRM, which is nice. (Local library allows you to lend e-books, but only for 21 days, which that reader now doesn't give a shit about)

HI PPI really makes a difference. went from and old nook to kobo glo HD and the difference is night and day, even without the light